Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
XXXXXX☆~~~~тωιѕтє∂ мιяяσя~~~~★

ησт єνєяутнιηg нєяє ιѕ ωнαт ιт ѕєємѕ

elcome to my first ever avatar contest!!

A little about myself:
•I have been on Gaia since 2007, back when the AT was at it's most popular and round by round contests reigned supreme.
•My name is Kayleigh but on Gaia I go by LadyK or Kay.
•I am 21 years old and have a full time job but I try to be on everyday.

Title•Plot/Rules•Judges•Contestants•Curent Round/Entries•Critiques•Archives

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Haven't you ever wondered if all the fairy tales that you know and love ended in a much different manner? What would it be like if the stories took place in a much darker reality? Well now let me tell you a story, a very dark story...

This is a round by round based contest and the theme is that for every Fairy Tale theme, each contestant makes two looks, one telling the story of Happily Ever After and the other one telling the Not so Happily Ever After ending. One contestant shall be eliminated each round and the prize for the winner of this contest will be....a Rosamund's Redemption!

Rules
•Follow all of Gaia's rules. No exceptions.
•All entries shall be turned in by the dead line. Extensions may be asked for only if there is a really good reason that you need one.
•All critiques shall not be fought. What myself and the judges say goes.
•This is a TekTek/Dream Free contest only!! No past avatars!
•All entries are to be posted in the thread. No PM's.

Title•Plot/Rules•Judges•Contestants•Entries/Current Round•Critiques•Archives

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
тнє ιηтєяρяєтєяѕ

There will be three judges, myself included. To be a judge just fill out the form below and PM it to me.
All rounds will be judged on a 1-10 scale with a few suggestive comments.
The judges will NOT be able to critique your entries but fellow contestants can!
User ImagexxxUser Image
LadyKayK N O X x ★★ Dailanie

Title•Plot/Rules•Judges•Contestants•Current Round/Entries•Critiques•Archives

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
тнє ѕтσяутєℓℓєяѕ

There will be TEN Storytellers so it is first come, first serve. To join, fill out the form below and post it to the thread. I will quote you when I accept you.

User ImagexxxxxxUser Image

HatsuHikarixxxxxxxxxxNavean

User Image

D1ary_of_the_Vampz

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
тнє ѕтσяιєѕ

The Fifth Story To Be Told Is....

The Scarlet Flower aka Beauty and the Beast

Here is a brief Synopsis.

You must design two looks for this round, one being happy and the other being not so happy.

Now here's the Twist!!!
Absolutely no Disney references; i.e. That ugly yellow dress. I would love to see more than just the youngest daughter portrayed. One more thing. No use of any furry items; ie tails and ears and such.

The Deadline Is... August 20th at 11:59(PTS) (California time)

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
тнє נυ∂gємєηтѕ

Dramaticrabbit

1st: 5.5//10 I like how you've shown her with her prince, but the spoon looks more like a weapon, and a softer expression would help.
2nd: 6//10 She blends a bit too much into the BG and I reckon the use of her original soft colours may have been better?

1st:: 4/10 This is just way too simple for me. The spoon and flowers are really harsh for the story that you are trying to portray. Thumbelina is a delicate story.
2nd:: 5/10 Same as the first one. It just looks like you threw some random stuff together but I do love the expression.

OVERALL:: 20.5

HatsuHikari

1st: 9//10 This is stunning, but I think a sleeker hair would have worked more in your favour for this.
2nd: 7//10 The expression and shackles are the perfect touches, but the body seems very melted together because of the lack of definition.

1st:: 7.5/10 Needs...orange...on...head....-inserteyetwitch- Besides that, I really like this! It's super pretty and very intricate. The flower and lily pad really do make her look like a tiny girl.
2nd:: 9/10 So pretty! But a little too cluttered on the head.

OVERALL:: 32.5

f r u i t f o x

1st: 8//10 The cuteness really sets the tone for how tiny and delicate she is c: The face seems a bit harsh though.
2nd: 10//10 Love everything about this and how darkly this story has become with this avatar!

1st:: 10/10 So cute!!! This is perfectly distributed and balanced! Unlike the other judge, I love the face! Such spunk! It gives the whole look a lot of character!
2nd:: 9.5/10 I really love this but the only problem I have is the brightness of the green in the knee area.

OVERALL:: 37.5

D1ary_of_the_Vampz

1st: 5//10 I quite like how you've gone away from the story but I think I would have liked it to stay more on track. Also the expression looks angry.
2nd: 4.5//10 The bird looks a tad too happy, and the same goes as the previous avatars criticism.

1st: 7/10 I love the research you did on the story and it really shows! I like the addition of the dolls.!
2nd:: 6.5//10 The only good thing I like is the face. Like I said before, I love your research!

OVERALL:: 23

Navean

1st: 8//10 The portrayal of Thumbelina as a servant wife for the toads is intriguing! I wish the face showed for emotion though, and perhaps more sad than moody?
2nd: 6//10 Body wise it's so elegant and fairy-like, but the birds with the ribbon clutter this a tad and make it appear slightly muddy.

1st:: 8.5//10 My complaints are similar to Dai's. The face seems grumpy and moody, not sad.How would you feel if you were pulled away from the love of your life? I would be bawling. Other than that I love the dirty look you gave her.
2nd:: 6//10:: I'm going to agree with Dai again. The birds are really throwing this off. The birds from Enchanted Book would have been better.

OVERALL::28.5

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
тнє ѕтσяιєѕ ση¢є тσℓ∂

Round 1- Twelve Dancing Princesses

Dramaticrabbit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HatsuHikari

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Monsieur Loyal
In our good version, we have the soldier as he is walking back with his cloak, through the silver trees, and the golden cup in hand
The bad ending is where on the way back, the smallest and youngest notice that there was someone there. Kills him, on there way out they cover the body, as the youngest is covered in blood.

f r u i t f o x

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
For the first, I went with the fact that the solider got to marry the princess. For the second, I went with "the solider loses his head because he failed to find out the princesses' secret.

Navean
User ImageUser Image
In the unhappy ending, the princesses are discovered and now the eldest must marry a man she does not know or love and will never see her prince again. In the happy ending, no man is ever able to find out their secret and the princesses continue to dance happily with their chosen princes till the end of time.

Cinderfae
User ImageUser Image
Dark, princess offers the suitor poison so he cannot follow. Happy, the princess comes back and dances for all to see in the castle ballroom.

Round 2 - Swan Lake
HatsuHikari
In the happy ending, Odette manages to break the evil curse and the Siegfried proposes to her. But in the sad ending, Siegfried falls for Odile's charms and Odette commits suicide by throwing herself in the lake.
User ImageUser Image

Navean
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In the sad ending, the prince arrives at the lake just a bit early. Seeing the swan, he looses his arrow before he sees that she is actually a maiden. The arrow pierces Odette's heart just as she begins to transform. She dies tragically, half-way between swan and woman. In the happy ending, Odette is able to free herself from Rothbart's trap the night of the ball. She arrives, foiling Odile's attempts at winning the prince because with one of her gentle glances in his direction, he is able to see the truth. He declares his love for her and the curse is broken.

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
Okay, so for the happy ending "the lovers are seen rising together to heaven in apotheosis." (or at least one of them sweatdrop )
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And the sad ending we've got "When the storm subsides, Odette is left alone to mourn the dead Siegfried." And to be different, I went with a night scene.
User Image

f r u i t f o x
good ending: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
the spell is broken and the swan queen gets permanently transformed into a human
bad ending: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the swan queen gets accidentally shot and dies, falling into the lake forever

Dramaticrabbit
Good: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The swan performs to the audience at the palace, where she meets her true love.
Evil: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
After the swan sees her husband cheat on her with another princess, she goes on a killing rampage and eventually kills herself and her husband.

Round 3 - Thumbelina

HatsuHikari
in the good ending: Thumbelina was able to escape from the horrid animals that she was supposed to marry and floated down the river until she met her prince charming.

in the bad ending: Thumbelina was forced to marry the hideous mole; to prevent her from running away, the mole kept her in chains constantly.

Navean
In the unhappy ending, no one rescue Thumbelina from the toads. Although she is his wife, he and his family treat her like a servant. She brings them their large, delicious meals on silver trays all the while eating scraps herself. Every time she sees their finery, she is reminded of the rags they dress her in, patchwork and falling apart.
In the happy ending, Thumbelina marries the fairy prince. She gains her wings and is given the flower-crown of the princess. Someday she will be fairy queen, but for now she merely delights in flying about with her husband.

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
In the good version, I went with Thumbelina marrying her prince, and the avatar is supposed to be the author (Mary Howitt) reading the happy ending.
User Image

In the bad version, I went with Hans Christian Andersen's story, where a bird, who had loved Thumbelina goes to a small house where Andersen is and tells his sad story.
User Image

f r u i t f o x
good:
Thumbelina marries her prince and lives her tiny life happily ever after

bad:
Thumbelina's marriage to her prince goes sour. They divorce and she ends up homeless and alone

Dramaticrabbit
Good: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thumbelina marries her prince and they live happily ever after!
Bad: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thumbelina's world burns before her eyes, killing her prince.

Round 3: East of the Sun and West of the Moon
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
For our good version, we have the prince and his bride free the prisoners captive in the castle, take the gold and silver within, and leave the castle east of the sun and west of the moon:

For our bad version, (kinda the opposite I guess sweatdrop ) we have the trolls reaping bloody havoc, killing off the prince and his future bride:

HatsuHikari
Good ending: The peasant's daughter wears her best clothes to go on a date with the prince after escaping from the castle. They take a leisurely stroll through the gardens of the prince's palace.

Bad ending: The prince is punished and has to remain in a teddy bear form when in daylight. He is also forced to marry the hideous troll princess (although she is considered the most beautiful among her kind...)

Navean
In the bad ending, the princess is unable to win her prince back from the trolls. As such, the prisoners are never set free. This man goes mad, clawing at himself everywhere that he can - his arms and legs, his fingers and toes, even his own face and eyes bear the blood and scars of his insanity. His clothes, once an outstanding uniform, rot off his body right along with his mind.

In the happy ending, the prisoners are freed and the man is able to return to his former life as an Admiral. He did not come out of his ordeal entirely unscathed, but the hardness now set in him will help him attain the glory he hadn't quite been able to get before being captured. He's now made it his personal goal to rid the world of the scourge known as trolls.

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
σρєη!!!

Lunatic

Bam! Totally gonna join this emotion_awesome
... I may or may not have been lurking...

I do have a question though. What's a "fullbody BBC code?"

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
heart -rolls around brand new thread- I love that new thread smell!

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
HatsuHikari

Your avatar's export code found here.

Lunatic

LadyKayK N O X x
HatsuHikari

Ahhhh! Okay. Awesome. Filling out a form now :3

Quote:
Let me tell you the real way this story ended...
Username:: HatsuHikari
Fullbody BBC Code::
[url=www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/2219831][img]http://a2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/gaia/members/ava/37/df/50ce5a8621df37_flip.png[/img][/url]

How long have you been in the AT? Since January 2014 sweatdrop
Favorite fairy tale:: Snow White

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
HatsuHikari
LadyKayK N O X x
HatsuHikari

Ahhhh! Okay. Awesome. Filling out a form now :3

Quote:
Let me tell you the real way this story ended...
Username:: HatsuHikari
Fullbody BBC Code::
[url=www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/2219831][img]http://a2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/gaia/members/ava/37/df/50ce5a8621df37_flip.png[/img][/url]

How long have you been in the AT? Since January 2014 sweatdrop
Favorite fairy tale:: Snow White

Gotcha!!

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250

Feline Sex Symbol

11,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200