Welcome to Gaia! ::

Post your ideas for the next theme (along with any general suggestions)!

I said POST. 1 100.0% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 80 81 82 > >>

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Quote:
This thread is not being permanently resurrected. I just got bored today and felt like playing.

Any winners of this game get 1mil each; might increase the prize later

Please only join if you're free to play today / right now.

I intend to include a detective/cop in this game, but no other optional roles are planned.

If you have any specific ideas you want to take place for this round (probably only gonna do one round), please post them.
This can include certain roles you'd like to see (e.g., angel, lovers, baker, etc.; see the second post for what we've used thus far) or a certain theme for making the avatars (e.g., Halloween, crossdressing, monochrome, etc.).

AT Mafia

For those of you who've played Mafia in real life (a.k.a. Werewolf, Witch Hunt, or Assassin), it'll be pretty similar. The main difference is that you'll have to make an avatar to represent your person in the game. So if you know what Mafia is, you can probably skip to the next post, but the description below will refresh your memory if you like.

For those of you who don't know what Mafia is, read the description below.

In Mafia, there are two teams: the good guys (townspeople) and the bad guys (mafia/werewolves/etc.). Both are fighting to win by killing off each other, and can only win once the other team is completely dead. Except that the townspeople are at a disadvantage: they don't know who's on which side, but the bad guys do know who's on which side. Because the townspeople don't know who the mafia are, the mafia will pretend to be innocent. One person is outside of both teams, and that is the host of the game (sometimes called the storyteller), and this person knows everything that happens.

There are two phases per round: a night phase and a day phase. During the night phase, the townspeople are asleep, and the bad guys select one person to kill (likely a townsperson). Following that, the townsperson called the Cop (or whatever other label people use) will investigate by selecting a person in the game and asking the host/storyteller if that person is one of the bad guys. The host will answer yes or no. (In future versions, if this continues anyway, other special roles will get to act during this time as well.) Then the day phase starts. Everyone is awake, and it is discovered who was killed during the night. Everyone discusses who they think is on the bad guy team and votes for one suspected person to kill, and that person dies.

Dead people can no longer participate in the game, but they are allowed some final words.

So to sum up:
--good guys vs. bad guys
--a team wins by killing off the other team one at a time
--bad guys pretend to be good guys
--bad guys kill once during the night
--cops are good guys who get to discover once during the night if someone is a bad guy or not
--everyone discusses and votes on who to kill during the day (based on who they think is a bad guy)
--dead people can't play any more

Other potential roles:
Wikipedia list of roles

Quote:
The Lovers

This role has a few different options.

There are two people paired together as the Lovers, probably best if they're third party (so that they don't have multiple ways to win). They win if they're the last two alive.

When one of them dies, the other is affected. Typically, the other commits suicide the next night (rather than immediately; this way, they have a chance to have one last effect in the game). Alternatively, they kill someone (or multiple people) in revenge. If they just get one revenge kill, I think they would kill the person themselves and then commit suicide afterward, but if they kill multiple people, they win by ensuring the deaths of everyone involved in killing their lover (which would have to be done through lynching or convincing a killing role like the Mafia), and they do not commit suicide. You guys can let me know which option you prefer.

Usually they would know who their Lover is, and I imagine that's how it'd work here, but it doesn't have to be the case if you guys disagree.

So here is the standard option:

Two people who win by being the last two alive
(A) They're third party.
(B) When one dies, the other commits suicide the next night.
(C) They know that they're each other's Lover.

Quote:
Resurrection vs. Protection

I don't think we should have both types of roles, because both keep up the total number of players, and having both would be the exact opposite of overkill (overlife?).

If we have a resurrection role, it would be sided with the town, and resurrects dead back to whatever role they were before they died, meaning if they resurrect a Mafia member, they come back as Mafia. However, I think it'd be unfair for it to be able to resurrect anyone whose role is known (for instance, it will be hard to not know who the Baker was when he dies), so there will always be a chance that they resurrect someone they wanted to leave dead. But when people are killed by Mafia, it's pretty easy to assume that they were a good guy worth resurrecting, so it would be unfair to leave this resurrecting option limitless. I see two options for limiting it: (1) put a limit on how many resurrections are possible, for instance three resurrections total for the whole game [the number is debatable], or (2) make it so only lynched people can be resurrected, not people killed by Mafia. Resurrection would not be mandatory, so the role can decide not to resurrect someone if they don't think any dead people are worth resurrecting.

If we have a protection role, there are two variables I can think of: (1) whether or not they can protect themselves, and (2) whether or not they can protect the same person twice in a row. I don't think there would be a need to limit the protection role, however, because it seems unlikely to me that the protector would know who to protect.

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mechanics

How many players: 10 or more - two mafia members, one cop, and the rest are regular townspeople
(ratio of teams might be adjusted depending on total number of players,
but this will be made known before the game starts)

How are roles/teams decided?
I will put all the players in a numbered list, and generate random numbers to decide who will be playing on what team and as what role. I will PM everyone their own role, and if the player is on the mafia team, I will also PM them who else is on the mafia team.

How is all the secret activity done?
It will all be done through PMs. Mafias will discuss with each other in PM who they wish to kill in the night, and they will forward this whole conversation to the host, who will then incorporate their decision into the story. Likewise, cops will PM the host who they are suspicious of as being a mafia, and the host will PM back saying whether or not that person is a mafia. Any future special activity included in the game will also be relayed through PM. Day time activity is not secret, however, and will simply be posted in the thread.

Is there a time limit on how long people can take to vote on lynching?
There is now! People keep taking too long and being indecisive about who to kill. So from now on, if no majority vote is reached within two days, no one gets lynched.

How is a winner decided?
For the townspeople to win, all mafia members must be dead. For the mafia side to win, there must be as many mafia left as townspeople left (because then the mafia can just easily kill whoever is left). The host will announce when this has happened, because of course the townspeople will have no idea who is mafia, and so they will not know how many mafia are still alive.

How do avatars play into this?
In the real life game, you have body language and facial expressions to go off of, on top of what people say. Online, you'll only have what people say. So I thought it'd be good to include avatars as something else to go off of. After you're assigned your role in the game, you'll have to make an avatar that represents it and then PM it to the host (me). If you're in the mafia, you make an avatar that looks like a mafia member. If you're a cop, make a cop avatar. If you're a townsperson, make a regular person. No one will know for sure which avatar you made, but they're free to guess. You can try to mislead them by imitating the style of another player or you can try to make it of an ambiguous style, but you don't have to. If you wanna get creative, you can make your mafia avatar look undercover, like someone pretending to be normal but is clearly a murderer (perhaps an evil facial expression or something). I'll decide whether or not it fits your role.

Can we use Tektek?
I'd prefer you didn't, but you may on the condition that it layers exactly the way it would on Gaia. You're free to use InvoSearch and shop previews, though. And of course you may use your own inventory.

What happens when you die?
Dead players are allowed two sentences of a final statement in which they can say anything. This means they can reveal their role or any suspicions they have, but of course they can lie about it as well. After their two sentences, they cannot participate in the game any more.

Are there prizes?
Generally no, but if there are, it will be mentioned at the top of the first post.

Any other questions?

The Roles

Below are the roles that I've included or plan to include in the game. If you have ideas for future roles, go ahead and let me know. You might find that the way I use a role isn't the same way you've seen a role used. So be sure to double check how they work here.

Townsperson: sided with the town; no special abilities; win when all Mafia are killed
    Mafia: sided with Mafia; decide together to kill one person per night; win when all non-Mafia are killed
    Cop: sided with the town (wins if town wins); can investigate someone once per night; investigations will tell them if that person is Mafia or not
    Fool: not sided with anyone; wins if he gets himself lynched
    Baker: sided with town; gives one piece of bread to someone each night; when the Baker dies, everyone eats one piece of bread per day to stay alive; everyone starts with 1 piece of bread
    Lovers: two third party people paired together; they know they're paired together, and when one dies by any means, the other commits suicide the next night; they win if they both survive (see 1st post for potential future alterations)

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Players

The Mafia (bad guys)

The Cop & The Baker (good guys)

The Townspeople (good guys)

The Fool (third party)

The Lovers (third party)

Living players

NO ONE YET! Join! c:

Dead players

no one yet

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Player Waitlist

This is where I'll list players who are interested in playing the next game. When the next game is about to start, I'll contact all those on the list and see who is still interested. Being put on this list in by no means an obligation. It just means that you would like to be notified of when the next game is coming. The wait list is infinite.

no one

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PREVIOUS GAME
The Mafia (bad guys)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Cop & The Baker (good guys)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Fool (third party)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Lovers (third party)

The Townspeople (good guys)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Living players

neopolitannn, Navean, marwolfer,
Mama_Tektek, Troy the confuzed
doctor doof, ChibiLlama4, An Invisible Shapeshifter

Dead players

Kitt Koneko, Tako Pin, Tadundra, Eclectice, Shilshadu, Kitcat

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
lol, two <3s for the thread already?
I hadn't even updated anything yet.
Is it just assumed that I'm making an interesting thread,
or do you two actually know what this is?

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

Reveler

Dibs again!

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Oh, I definitely want in on this action <3

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mama_TekTek
4 sounds interesting and I would like to try it. Not sure how it would work though. lol

even snakes have hearts
i also like the mafia one...not sure how it would work, but i think it could be really cool.

You guys expressed interest in the Mafia idea.
Well, this here is the new Mafia thread. ;b
I'm only running it once for now, but maybe it'll become a thing.

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
MOARRRRRRRRRR

Salty Rogue

Whoa, virtual mafia xD

I'm tempted ninja

Super Cat

14,875 Points
  • Nerd 50