Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Or in this case, irregular outfits.

I tried REALLY hard to get into the whole vampire VS dark elves event for all of two seconds just now. I went to Tektek, put together an outfit to match the whole Kuro theme, hopped back on Gaia and got it all put together. I changed my skintone and everything.

.. Then I stared at it for about 30 seconds and changed back to one of my ( new ) usual outfits.

I just couldn't do it for some reason. It was a little too far out of my norm, which is saying a lot because I don't even have a set theme ( or gender! ) for my avatar half the time.

Do you guys ever have a hard time changing from your usual avatars?
Ever try to dress up for an event and then just totally figure it wasn't for you at all?
What makes different outfits so uncomfortable anyway? Jeez.

Obsessive Werewolf

I tried to make an event avatar... but then I realized that I don't give two hoots about the event and changed xD

I change a lot, but only if I find something I really like (which is often, now-a-days...).

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Object of Affection 150
kyOMG
I tried to make an event avatar... but then I realized that I don't give two hoots about the event and changed xD

I change a lot, but only if I find something I really like (which is often, now-a-days...).

And I'm guessing one of those new things you really liked was the new bundle? cat_whee

Obsessive Werewolf

Ghost Tamer
kyOMG

And I'm guessing one of those new things you really liked was the new bundle? cat_whee

Unfortunately gonk
It's like I have this inner battle... "Change... they're really cute items... But you've only had this outfit for a few days! You can't afford it!... Just sell the items you don't use..."

Kills me every time emo

But I do tend to stick with a certain style/theme. Cute and spunky. I try to make gore, or badass avatars now and I just can't. They're always cute xD And I can't sell my Pyawakit doll or my eyes.

Shy Warrior

User Image
Fortunately with this event I already looked like I'm blending in emotion_awesome
Even if it is my normal permanentoutfit

I can completely understand, everytime I do force a change....it feels so strange. It never looks as good. And it doesn't feel right.

Friend

When the Elf/Vampire event came out, I tried to wear an elf potion to show which side I was on but it only lasted 5 minutes at the most. emo
I think it was out of my comfort zone??

It's kind of like how I can tektek for others, but can't seem to have a dream avatar or quest avatar in general.
For example, when I buy all the items for my dream avatar but then sell everything back again because I got bored of it.
I save it and then think about the gold that I could get for selling the items and then quickly change before the price drops. (Except the 2% deduction kind of gives me no profit..)

In conclusion, I switched to the zombie side. (Because they're always in style and always cool. emotion_dealwithit )

Rare

I already wear outfits (usually some of the same ones) for about a month at a time so

My avatars are pretty regular

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
To me when I get like that, the feeling is like, "it's nice, but it's just not me"

Avatars to express our identities ohhh yeahh Gaia's magic sure is at work. I would go on but it gets pretty depressing from there.

Anxious Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I can never stick to one look. I'll probably change again before we get to page 2.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Considering my insatable urge to horde items, I'm lucky to go a day without changing something.

Astral Sage

44,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Usually my avvy's outfits tend to have an wear-timespan of around a week, but with this event-related one I'm actually taking up the challenge of having the avvy to wear it for all October.

Of course, I spent way more visits to Skin Tyte than needed because I couldn't decide if the outfit in question looked better as a Grey!Dark-Elf or a Blue!Dark-Elf...

Dangerous Brawler

12,375 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
never really dress up for the events on here only time I have a holiday theme going is in oct which would be this outfit for my avi keep it for the month and only change out the hand held its from time to time

did try and dress for afew of the events in the past but just wasn't me

Perfect Pumpkin

Again..

No. I never change my avatar more than 1 or 2 items here and there. I especially won't be changing it for a little event.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Eh, I don't feel the need to dress like a vampire just because I'm siding with them. (Due in large part, probably, to the fact that I'm not so much siding with them as I am siding against the dark elves, and even then not so much siding against the dark elves as I am siding against Dun Kuro.)

The decision I've made is the one my avatar OC would make; what reason do I have to change?

Rare

I never bother with event avatars unless I already have something saved that could go along with it. I'm not very good at creating avatars, so I can't whip up an outfit just like that. By the time I got something I liked, the event would probably already be over. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff