Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Zealot

What if Korra is not the Avatar? ._.

WHAT IF, she just knows how to bend all the elements, and it turns out that someone else is the Avatar?

She can't contact the spirit world, she has no spirit and her eyes can't glow, she doesn't know about reincarnations, she just is a good bender who was given a lot of training and now is super excellent.

You just assumed she was the Avatar becuase she was a good bender- but there have been a lot of good benders.

Bending could of sort of just clicked and then she was given a ton of training by the best masters in the region and is now really good- mixed with her own sort of internal motivation she just got awesome.

I mean, what if it turns out she isn't the Avatar- it just says that she's got a Legend, not that she's the Avatar. wink

It would be an interesting plot twist.

Like oops lol
The show is

The alternate title for the first series was

I'm pretty sure she's the avatar.

Fanatical Zealot

Hearts_Are_Cold
The show is

The show is called "Avatar".

That doesn't necessarily make her the Avatar just becuase she's a character on the show, even the main character. ._.
That wouldn't make any sense seeing as how nobody other than the Avatar has ever been able to bend other elements. That's just a fact.

Fanatical Zealot

Tara Flavor
That wouldn't make any sense seeing as how nobody other than the Avatar has ever been able to bend other elements. That's just a fact.

Nobody we've SEEN or known about for sure.

Sense we can bend energy and things it is definitely possible to gain more than one attribute.

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
While it would be interesting, it's not gonna happen. Avatars are the only ones to bend elements other than their own.
Suicidesoldier#1
Tara Flavor

Sense we can bend energy and things it is definitely possible to gain more than one attribute.
If somebody has ever had the ability to bend other elements, they'd get pretty famous pretty fast. That would really, really be a big deal.

Fanatical Zealot

Dove_of_Dawn
While it would be interesting, it's not gonna happen. Avatars are the only ones to bend elements other than their own.

It would definitely be interesting.

Fanatical Zealot

Tara Flavor
Suicidesoldier#1
Tara Flavor

If somebody has ever had the ability to bend other elements, they'd get pretty famous pretty fast. That would really, really be a big deal.

That doesn't mean WE'D know about it.

Also it really depends on the scenario- bending more than one element may be pretty common, but people just focus on one element.
Suicidesoldier#1
Hearts_Are_Cold
The show is

That doesn't necessarily make her the Avatar just becuase she's a character on the show, even the main character. ._.
Korra isn't of mixed lineage, there is no logical way for her to gain the ability to bend other elements. I'm pretty sure she's the avatar. There's no logical reason for her not to be.

A lot of people like to say Amon is the avatar and he was born the first time Aang 'died', but that wouldn't even make sense, because if Aang had truly died then, there wouldn't have been another avatar since that time, Aang was in the Avatar State when he 'died'. So the cycle would have ended. It didn't split at any point in time. There is one avatar, and that is Korra.

Fanatical Zealot

Hearts_Are_Cold
Suicidesoldier#1
Hearts_Are_Cold
The show is

Korra isn't of mixed lineage, there is no logical way for her to gain the ability to bend other elements. I'm pretty sure she's the avatar. There's no logical reason for her not to be.

A lot of people like to say Amon is the avatar and he was born the first time Aang 'died', but that wouldn't even make sense, because if Aang had truly died then, there wouldn't have been another avatar since that time, Aang was in the Avatar State when he 'died'. So the cycle would have ended. It didn't split at any point in time. There is one avatar, and that is Korra.

Their abilities aren't determined by heritage. ._.

It's why everyone in the Air nomad society was an air bender and why people have different capacities to learn, it's spiritual.

Think about it this way.

She's naturally against air, but yet she comes from a water tribe- how exactly would that be possible if it was all about heritage and the place of birth?
Suicidesoldier#1
Tara Flavor
Suicidesoldier#1
Tara Flavor

Also it really depends on the scenario- bending more than one element may be pretty common, but people just focus on one element.
There's no way nobody would ever mention something like that in the entire series, lol. As I said, it would be a really big deal to people if somebody other than the avatar could bend other elements.

And if it was possible at all, people wouldn't have flipped out and automatically assumed that Korra was the Avatar when she showed that she could bend other elements on the first episode.

Fanatical Zealot

Tara Flavor
Suicidesoldier#1
Tara Flavor
Suicidesoldier#1
Tara Flavor

There's no way nobody would ever mention something like that in the entire series, lol. As I said, it would be a really big deal to people if somebody other than the avatar could bend other elements.

And if it was possible at all, people wouldn't have flipped out and automatically assumed that Korra was the Avatar when she showed that she could bend other elements on the first episode.

They just made assumptions.

They could have been wrong too. 3nodding
Suicidesoldier#1
Hearts_Are_Cold
Suicidesoldier#1
Hearts_Are_Cold
The show is

Their abilities aren't determined by heritage. ._.

It's why everyone in the Air nomad society was an air bender and why people have different capacities to learn, it's spiritual.
Where did they ever say every air nomad was an air bender?

But really. There is no such thing as a non-avatar being able to bend multiple elements.

Divine Noob

Besides stating that a show named "AVATAR" would be enough for any viewer to assume that the main character would have something to do with the title...

Let me tell you right now that, while that sounds like my crappy Mary Sue from way back when, it's still not possible.

Energybending was a rather spiritual thing in the first place. We learn that Korra has no spiritual abilities whatsoever so far. Yet she has the ability to bend the other elements, leading to the proven fact she's the Avatar. The Avatar don't necessarily have to have a good spiritual connection like Aang, an Air Nomad, naturally had to bend any other element outside their "home".

By your own logic, Korra would have to be the Avatar, while any other bender that miraculously can attain another bending ability would be a fake. And highly spiritual to find a way to energybend another element other than their born element.

If this made any sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces