Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
jigger88
I'm so jealous of the people who live in the US.

Its Worse We Have To Wait Four Hours From The Time You Guys Watch it So We Can Watch It

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
TheDrunkenApothecary
Pandella
I like how everyone is like "That does not exist!" and act like they don't know crap about how Aang
did it. Like its taboo. Tenzin was shocked and nervous when Korra mentioned that he had
the power to take all bending away, forever. Its like the Avatars don't want anyone knowing
that Aang did that to the firelord O.
Well, I think they didn't want anyone to pursue trying to learn how to do it. 3nodding
And they didn't really specify that it was an avatar only trick. He ran into a lion turtle and it showed him how to. That might be another reason.

No they didn't. Aang learned it from the turtle but he warned him that it took some serious inner
strength to be able to do it because if not, the power he absorbed could corrupt him.. or do
something dangerous to him. I can't remember exactly what the turtle said. Unless Aang told
people of how he learned of it, how in the world would Amon know how to do it? It has to tie
together somehow.

Aged Businesswoman

12,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
TheDrunkenApothecary

I feel you man. It looks like Amons flunkies chi block like Ty lee and he energy bends. He said he went into the spirit realm so I'm wondering if Koh the Face Steeler taught him how. Koh is one of the oldest spirits ever so its possible he knew how to do it. You know he would love to get rid of the Avatar so he could steel more faces. Maybe Koh told Amon he could give him a new face for destroying benders.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Pandella
I like how everyone is like "That does not exist!" and act like they don't know crap about how Aang
did it. Like its taboo. Tenzin was shocked and nervous when Korra mentioned that he had
the power to take all bending away, forever. Its like the Avatars don't want anyone knowing

I don't think it's that. Aang, the Avatar, was the only known person to ever hold that ability, making it a legendary power. Of course everyone would be shocked that Amon would have it. Really, how would he get that ability?

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Pandella

No they didn't. Aang learned it from the turtle but he warned him that it took some serious inner
strength to be able to do it because if not, the power he absorbed could corrupt him.. or do
something dangerous to him. I can't remember exactly what the turtle said. Unless Aang told
people of how he learned of it, how in the world would Amon know how to do it? It has to tie
together somehow.

But in that case, why would the Lion-Turtle give Amon the bending powers?

Devoted Explorer

TheDrunkenApothecary
DimiDizy6d
TheDrunkenApothecary
DimiDizy6d
I was ******** shocked.

Like ugh, that ability always made me so angry. whenever pai li used that technique, now its actually a thing thing now.

Gdi !!!
Exactly, I thought Ty lee was the biggest threat of the entire group of baddies, which is why I was happen when she switched sides.
Azula might be able to make fire, but what's she gonna do if her muscles don't wanna work.

PFFF I PUT PAI LI LOL FJKLFJALK

But yeah, Ty lee was definately the most dangeous..

But i guess deep inside we ALL knew that this ability was going to bite us in the butt one day. lol .

I kinda did emo
I predict that this series is gonna make me rage a lot

Ditto!!

Though, the Korra not being to bend at all thing would be awful, but a great plot twist i agree! We shall see, because for once i'm failing to predict what the heck is going on. gonk

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
marshmallowcreampie
Pandella

together somehow.

I never said the lion turtle gave him the powers. I said the lion turtle gave it to Aang but warned
him of the consequences. I'm just curious as to how he DID get the powers much less know
that that kind of power existed if everyone wanted to keep that legendary power a secret.

Aged Businesswoman

12,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Pandella

It's not like Aang was the only who could have the ability. It was simply believed that the Avatar was the only who could energybend because your own spirit has to be unbendable. I think the shock comes from the fact that Amon isn't the Avatar.

Aged Gaian

Pandella
TheDrunkenApothecary
Pandella
Well, I think they didn't want anyone to pursue trying to learn how to do it. 3nodding
And they didn't really specify that it was an avatar only trick. He ran into a lion turtle and it showed him how to. That might be another reason.

together somehow.

Well, Aang coincidentally ran into the turtle and then he learned the trick. Maybe the same for Amon.
I like what someone said too, stating that Koh might be tied into this entire story.

Aged Gaian

DimiDizy6d
TheDrunkenApothecary
DimiDizy6d
TheDrunkenApothecary
DimiDizy6d
I was ******** shocked.

Like ugh, that ability always made me so angry. whenever pai li used that technique, now its actually a thing thing now.

Gdi !!!
Exactly, I thought Ty lee was the biggest threat of the entire group of baddies, which is why I was happen when she switched sides.
Azula might be able to make fire, but what's she gonna do if her muscles don't wanna work.

PFFF I PUT PAI LI LOL FJKLFJALK

But yeah, Ty lee was definately the most dangeous..

But i guess deep inside we ALL knew that this ability was going to bite us in the butt one day. lol .

I kinda did emo
I predict that this series is gonna make me rage a lot

Ditto!!

Though, the Korra not being to bend at all thing would be awful, but a great plot twist i agree! We shall see, because for once i'm failing to predict what the heck is going on. gonk

Yeah..I really can't predict the plotline at all, it's ridiculous.
And I love it burning_eyes

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Pandella

I never said the lion turtle gave him the powers. I said the lion turtle gave it to Aang but warned
him of the consequences. I'm just curious as to how he DID get the powers much less know
that that kind of power existed if everyone wanted to keep that legendary power a secret.

But it's never implied that the power was kept a secret. The consequences the Lion-Turtle warned of, it was that there was the possibility of being corrupted by the other persons spirit, but it can be overcome. It doesn't appear to be a problem for Amon, though.

Aged Businesswoman

12,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
marshmallowcreampie
Pandella

together somehow.

It wasn't the lionturtle. Amon said the Spirits spoke to him. Maybe it was Koh or someone older that taught Amon how to energy bend. The lionturtle is the oldest living creature, but Koh and other Spirits can be older.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Lord Ravyn The Chosen

It wasn't the lionturtle. Amon said the Spirits spoke to him. Maybe it was Koh or someone older that taught Amon how to energy bend. The lionturtle is the oldest living creature, but Koh and other Spirits can be older.

I know, I'm just saying the Lion-Turtle gave Aang the power but wouldn't have a reason to give Amon the power. As for where Amon got it... I'm kind of wondering if he's lying about being spoken to by the spirits. Like how in real life, religious leaders say God spoke to them just so they can get the trust of people. cat_ninja Course, if spirits did talk to him, I wouldn't dismiss Koh. In the first series it was shown he had an issue with Avatars he felt weren't doing their duty.

Aged Businesswoman

12,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
marshmallowcreampie

I know, I'm just saying the Lion-Turtle gave Aang the power but wouldn't have a reason to give Amon the power. As for where Amon got it... I'm kind of wondering if he's lying about being spoken to by the spirits. Like how in real life, religious leaders say God spoke to them just so they can get the trust of people. cat_ninja Course, if spirits did talk to him, I wouldn't dismiss Koh. In the first series it was shown he had an issue with Avatars he felt weren't doing their duty.

Agreed. It's also possible that he entered the Spirit world. Iroh hinted at that a few times in the previous series. So it's not unheard of that someone other that the Avatar could connect to the spirits. The reason I thought of Koh was because he's been know to tangle with the Avatars. One Avatar even tried to kill him. SO when Amon mention losing his face to a firebender and then talking to the spirits, Koh was the first thing to pop on my head. Not all spirits are good after all. All I know is that this is getting good.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Lord Ravyn The Chosen

Agreed. It's also possible that he entered the Spirit world. Iroh hinted at that a few times in the previous series. So it's not unheard of that someone other that the Avatar could connect to the spirits. The reason I thought of Koh was because he's been know to tangle with the Avatars. One Avatar even tried to kill him. SO when Amon mention losing his face to a firebender and then talking to the spirits, Koh was the first thing to pop on my head. Not all spirits are good after all. All I know is that this is getting good.

Iknowright? emotion_kirakira The suspense is killing me! If Koh was involved, what motive would he have to wipe out all bending? And would the other spirits gang up on him for it? cat_rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff