Welcome to Gaia! ::

How will the first season end?

Korra kills Amon and the second season is about the repercussions this has 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 17 ]
Peacefully; Korra learns the airbender way and makes peace with the Equalists, coming to a compromise and everybody's happy 0.15966386554622 16.0% [ 19 ]
"I MUST FIGHT THE BENDERS!" "No, equalists. You are the benders." And the equalists were benders. 0.13445378151261 13.4% [ 16 ]
Amon has a hidden agenda, Korra defeats him, everyone is happy. 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 49 ]
Other (please post) 0.15126050420168 15.1% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 119 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Noble Hops's Waifu

Hug My WaTer MeAt
adamai
'
Just wanted to say your profile is gorgeous D8.
ffffffffffff me being offtopic, lawl.

Anyways on-topic, I hope Amon will turns out to not
be some douchebag evil guy, but something much more interesting lol

thank youuu ; u;

heart

and he seems boring to me like I don't want to spoil anything but in episode 4 I thought what he did was shady

The ending I have planned is thus:

Equalists take over Republic City.

Equalists remove the benders from their positions of power.

Avatar Korra and her little friends make a valiant attempt to 'save' the day.

Avatar Korra meets her fate at the hands of the true hero of Republic City, Amon.

The end.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

adamai
Hug My WaTer MeAt
adamai
'
Just wanted to say your profile is gorgeous D8.
ffffffffffff me being offtopic, lawl.

Anyways on-topic, I hope Amon will turns out to not
be some douchebag evil guy, but something much more interesting lol

thank youuu ; u;

heart

and he seems boring to me like I don't want to spoil anything but in episode 4 I thought what he did was shady
mmh, most of the people have seen it already.
You don't have anything to worry about.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Equalist Amon

Avatar Korra meets her fate at the hands of the true hero of Republic City, Amon.

The end.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Heckler

Ooh, more interesting stuff from A:TLA Annotations about the Council which highlights the disproportionate representation of ethnicities there (glad to know I'm not a weirdo for being overly concerned with how their government works) and the Equalists and the Task Force and their historical parallels.

Seeker

Intresting...if the government in LoK is a base as it seems, then Aang and Zuko (amongst others) may have oversimplified things...

Liberal Abductee

6,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
NOTE: I've only seen three episode.

If I were Amon, I would also be jealous of the benders and I would probably agree with taking away the powers of the benders. But benders would be necessary to protect themselves from evil benders.

Bending should be illegal besides in the military. This way everyone has an equal chance.

-OR-

Benders should move away to there own city and leave the normal people alone. YES I SAID NORMAL. CoMe At Me BrO!

Amon is simply restoring peace to the city by removing the powers of the benders that have been used for evil as in the beginning with the three crooks. People abuse power and everyone should be made equal.

Liberal Abductee

6,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Equalist Amon

The end.

Congrats on the Amon Avi immitation. Very well done.
Suicidesoldier#1
sole to soul
Suicidesoldier#1
sole to soul
Suicidesoldier#1
That's what you believe.

The creators explicitly went out of their way to make it so that spirit, was the point.

Anyone can learn to bend, but some may be better than others and that may just be the way it is.

No-one can deny the natural prodigious talents of being the avatar, for example.

But!

All the air nomads learned how to, so it's likely it's culture and training and exposure as a child, and less of just being born awesome.

No, it's what the creators said in the very article you linked me to. They didn't say that everyone could learn it. They said there was some genetic basis for potential. Not everyone inherits the genes, so not everyone can learn to bend. You really need a stronger source if you want me to agree with you.

Some genetic basis for potential does not translate to "Some people can't learn it."

It means that some people will naturally be better than others.

BUT!

"You have some genetic basis for potential, but you could go your whole life without developing the talent into ability. Some people have more inherent talent than others, while others with minimal inherent talent can still develop it through hard work and practice. He reiterated a connection to the spiritual energies is the underlying basis. How it manifests is based on upbringing and experience."

Apparently, we're just not going to agree on this. You're not considering the factors that would cause someone to grow up to be a non-bender. You cannot blame them entirely. And, since this is such a big issue in LoK, people are obviously not aware of this genetic potential. Not the benders, the non-benders, anyone... so, we go back to the statement of upbringing and experience. You're really going to keep blaming the non-benders for being the way they are when so many other factors are involved in this?

It doesn't even matter.

Getting upset at someone just becuase they're good at something, and presumably you aren't, is ludicrous and wrong.

I'm inclined to agree, but that's before I experienced such a thing firsthand.

Alright, picture it like this: You've been working hard at something for years, and practicing hard every single day, but some extremely talented person who has hardly practiced comes in in takes all the hard-earned glory that, logically, should be yours. You're the one who worked for it, after all. But it doesn't work that way. So you resent them.

How is this so wrong.
Equalist Amon

The end.

I don't consider that right, considering Korra's still in training and, presumably, inexperienced in these things.

Fanatical Zealot

Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1
sole to soul
Suicidesoldier#1
sole to soul
Suicidesoldier#1
That's what you believe.

The creators explicitly went out of their way to make it so that spirit, was the point.

Anyone can learn to bend, but some may be better than others and that may just be the way it is.

No-one can deny the natural prodigious talents of being the avatar, for example.

But!

All the air nomads learned how to, so it's likely it's culture and training and exposure as a child, and less of just being born awesome.

No, it's what the creators said in the very article you linked me to. They didn't say that everyone could learn it. They said there was some genetic basis for potential. Not everyone inherits the genes, so not everyone can learn to bend. You really need a stronger source if you want me to agree with you.

Some genetic basis for potential does not translate to "Some people can't learn it."

BUT!

"You have some genetic basis for potential, but you could go your whole life without developing the talent into ability. Some people have more inherent talent than others, while others with minimal inherent talent can still develop it through hard work and practice. He reiterated a connection to the spiritual energies is the underlying basis. How it manifests is based on upbringing and experience."

Apparently, we're just not going to agree on this. You're not considering the factors that would cause someone to grow up to be a non-bender. You cannot blame them entirely. And, since this is such a big issue in LoK, people are obviously not aware of this genetic potential. Not the benders, the non-benders, anyone... so, we go back to the statement of upbringing and experience. You're really going to keep blaming the non-benders for being the way they are when so many other factors are involved in this?

It doesn't even matter.

Getting upset at someone just becuase they're good at something, and presumably you aren't, is ludicrous and wrong.

Alright, picture it like this: You've been working hard at something for years, and practicing hard every single day, but some extremely talented person who has hardly practiced comes in in takes all the hard-earned glory that, logically, should be yours. You're the one who worked for it, after all. But it doesn't work that way. So you resent them.

How is this so wrong.

Because thy are them and you are you.

They didn't take anything from you they did things.

I would be happy for them.

Knowing how much work I had to put into it it would be great if other people didn't have to. O_o

If you're doing it for "glory" you're going for the wrong reason in the first place.

You should do it for yourself, not for what other people think.
Suicidesoldier#1
Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1
sole to soul
Suicidesoldier#1

BUT!

It doesn't even matter.

How is this so wrong.

Knowing how much work I had to put into it it would be great if other people didn't have to. O_o

If you're doing it for "glory" you're going for the wrong reason in the first place.

Wasn't me specifically, just an example. I respect your difference, but I can't stand someone working so hard for something to have someone, who hasn't tried, to take it all away. The reward, per say, for the work. I'm not saying I don't respect equals, ones who have worked as hard as you have, but when they just take all your work away from you...it's frustrating.

Fanatical Zealot

Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1
Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1
sole to soul
Suicidesoldier#1

BUT!

It doesn't even matter.

How is this so wrong.

Wasn't me specifically, just an example. I respect your difference, but I can't stand someone working so hard for something to have someone, who hasn't tried, to take it all away. The reward, per say, for the work. I'm not saying I don't respect equals, ones who have worked as hard as you have, but when they just take all your work away from you...it's frustrating.

They don't take anything away from you. neutral

They just get things themselves.

I'm sorry that's ludicrous.

Nothing they do just by being good effects you.
Suicidesoldier#1
Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1
Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1

It doesn't even matter.

How is this so wrong.

In a sense, they do take something from you. They take pride from you. Pride as in thinking you were really good until this extremely talented person comes and outshines you in all your hard work.

I know everyone's different. But there are two sides to this. The side I'm on is the one I've experienced.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1
Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1
Nabiene Kana
Suicidesoldier#1

It doesn't even matter.

How is this so wrong.

In a sense, they do take something from you. They take pride from you. Pride as in thinking you were really good until this extremely talented person comes and outshines you in all your hard work.

I know everyone's different. But there are two sides to this. The side I'm on is the one I've experienced.

Not to mention that the advantage benders have can't really be compensated for with hard work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff