Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think a quick google search could provide pictorial evidence of the act being done. But that's groady and I wont do that.
kay2kay
Creativerealms
XbuffyxoverxbellaX
Still seems nasty.

He was 12 DX

I know he was older when they had the kids, but my god, I still think of him as being 12

Yeah and Katara was 14. A two year difference is not that much.

Aang was very mature for a twelve year old. Actually the fact that he still found time to act his age despite all the pressure that he was under that actually shows his maturity. He did not pretend he was a mature adult and have some incorrect notion of how an adult should act. Really Katara and Zuko's "Maturity" was very childish looks at how adults should act. Aang never forgot his age and that actually was a sign of his maturity.

I never really saw Katara as an older sister to Aang yeah she was the mother hen to the whole group but it was more friendship then family. I see them more like close friends and how they it is weird that they would develop feelings for each other and fear that it would change their friendship forever.

Though really I am just not a fan of hate love relationships. Not a fan of the ones where people who hate each other at first end up falling in love when they realize they are "not so different." that is why I'm not really fond of Zutara. really it seemed like Kartara just tolerated Zuko by the end of the series. Even after their bonding episode they never really even seemed like friends. I could not see them working together.
They killed it for me in the comic when katara and aang call eachother sweetie. Plus, the writers said that zutara was going to be Canon, but they realized how young their target audience was and changed it (something like that) Now Makorra supposed to fill those shoes I guess.

Do you have proof they said it was going to happen because really I did not even know the pairing existed in fandom until I stumbled only a topic after season two ended. Really to me it did not look like it was ever going to happen in the show and fans were just reading none existant signs.

I'm not saying the creators have not said that but really I am doubting it. I have a feeling Zutara was never even thought up by the creators. They seem to like to make fun of it to troll the fans.
kay2kay
Tinekay
iKarnezar
Tinekay
iKarnezar
I don't like AangXKatara much.

He was pretty much like her little brother. He also almost cried when Katara shouted at him, and in general, was very childish up until the middle of the Earth book

But really, who wants to be impregnated by their kid brother?

He was 12, ofcourse he would be childish. He needed to grow up first. razz

Yeah but its not a turn on when you can make your boyfriend cry ("The Waterbending Scroll" wink .

Even though Aang did mature somewhat, they still got together when he was 13. I dunno exactly what Katara saw in him..

Hehe yeah i get your point with the crying, the only reason i can think of that getting together so young wouldn't be weird for them is maybe people married young in that time. Like in the middle ages.
They do. Remember how yue was betrothed at a young age and she assumed katata was as well since she wore her mothers necklace

Oh yeah! I forgot about that.

Intellectual Lunatic

Creativerealms
kay2kay
Creativerealms
XbuffyxoverxbellaX
Still seems nasty.

He was 12 DX

I know he was older when they had the kids, but my god, I still think of him as being 12

Aang was very mature for a twelve year old. Actually the fact that he still found time to act his age despite all the pressure that he was under that actually shows his maturity. He did not pretend he was a mature adult and have some incorrect notion of how an adult should act. Really Katara and Zuko's "Maturity" was very childish looks at how adults should act. Aang never forgot his age and that actually was a sign of his maturity.

I never really saw Katara as an older sister to Aang yeah she was the mother hen to the whole group but it was more friendship then family. I see them more like close friends and how they it is weird that they would develop feelings for each other and fear that it would change their friendship forever.

Though really I am just not a fan of hate love relationships. Not a fan of the ones where people who hate each other at first end up falling in love when they realize they are "not so different." that is why I'm not really fond of Zutara. really it seemed like Kartara just tolerated Zuko by the end of the series. Even after their bonding episode they never really even seemed like friends. I could not see them working together.
They killed it for me in the comic when katara and aang call eachother sweetie. Plus, the writers said that zutara was going to be Canon, but they realized how young their target audience was and changed it (something like that) Now Makorra supposed to fill those shoes I guess.

Do you have proof they said it was going to happen because really I did not even know the pairing existed in fandom until I stumbled only a topic after season two ended. Really to me it did not look like it was ever going to happen in the show and fans were just reading none existant signs.

I'm not saying the creators have not said that but really I am doubting it. I have a feeling Zutara was never even thought up by the creators. They seem to like to make fun of it to troll the fans.
It'd be easier if you could just Google it. I'll post a link when I get a chance to log in on a proper computer.

Beloved Noob

4,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
XbuffyxoverxbellaX
Still seems nasty.

He was 12 DX

Agreed with the "I still think of him as 12" part.. even when I see neat-o fanart of older Aang, I still feel kinda awkward. redface

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

kay2kay
Creativerealms
XbuffyxoverxbellaX
Still seems nasty.

He was 12 DX

Actually, all that was said was that "Zuko was originally supposed to be Katara's love interest".

Don't take it too seriously.

Male!Toph was another potential Katara love interest.

Also, Momo was originally a robot.

Hilarious Tycoon

xx Cookie-Boots xx
kay2kay
Creativerealms
XbuffyxoverxbellaX
Still seems nasty.

He was 12 DX

Actually, all that was said was that "Zuko was originally supposed to be Katara's love interest".

Don't take it too seriously.

Male!Toph was another potential Katara love interest.

Also, Momo was originally a robot.

I knew there was something strange about Momo =O

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Why is everyone going on about Aang's maturity? She should have dumped him for being a sexist, self-absorbed p***k, no matter what his age.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Saoszuc
Why is everyone going on about Aang's maturity? She should have dumped him for being a sexist, self-absorbed p***k, no matter what his age.

Aang... sexist... self-absorbed...?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
iKarnezar

He was pretty much like her little brother. He also almost cried when Katara shouted at him, and in general, was very childish up until the middle of the Earth book

I think it's supposed to be a celebration of the destruction of the friendzone.
Saoszuc

Care to give an example?

Time-traveling Senshi

There's only one thing wrong with those adult Aang pics from the past. They lack the awesome hipster chin beard that makes him look more like his adult design was inspired by Mike. xp

Greedy Capitalist

NumberOneWinner
iKarnezar

I think it's supposed to be a celebration of the destruction of the friendzone.

One does not simply destroy the friendzone.

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
NumberOneWinner
Saoszuc

Care to give an example?

You mean aside from "The Ember Island Players", which singlehandedly stamped him as a jackass forever? How Aang puts unwanted pressure on Katara? "We kissed at the invasion, and I thought we were going to be together. But we're not." It's got the same emotionally manipulating tone as "We've been on three dates; why haven't you given me a b*****b by now?" Or perhaps more like emotional blackmail than simple social pressure: "If you really cared about me, you'd do what I want instead of listening to your own feelings." She tries to deflect him, but he won't let the issue go - to the point of kissing her right after her "******** off if you please sir". No - that's sexual harassment, and I don't have to take it.

Aang dismisses Katara's opinions and treats her like s**t if she won't take his BS ("The Warriors of Kyoshi", "The Avatar State", "The Runaway" ). He manipulates her and Sokka to keep them with him rather than let them go see their father ("Bato of the Water Tribe" ). He won't listen to Jeong Jeong's level-headed warnings and refusals ("The Deserter" ), and likewise decides he's wiser than Guru Pathik ("The Guru" ).

Yes, he's also occasionally selfless, thoughtful, insightful, and kind. But he comes off as any other patriarchal dudebro. It leaves one hell of a sour taste.

Give me Zuko over this a*****e any day. At least Zuko understands that he needs to fundamentally change as a person.

Fashionable Shopper

Saoszuc
NumberOneWinner
Saoszuc

Care to give an example?

You mean aside from "The Ember Island Players", which singlehandedly stamped him as a jackass forever? How Aang puts unwanted pressure on Katara? "We kissed at the invasion, and I thought we were going to be together. But we're not." It's got the same emotionally manipulating tone as "We've been on three dates; why haven't you given me a b*****b by now?" Or perhaps more like emotional blackmail than simple social pressure: "If you really cared about me, you'd do what I want instead of listening to your own feelings." She tries to deflect him, but he won't let the issue go - to the point of kissing her right after her "******** off if you please sir". No - that's sexual harassment, and I don't have to take it.

Aang dismisses Katara's opinions and treats her like s**t if she won't take his BS ("The Warriors of Kyoshi", "The Avatar State", "The Runaway" ). He manipulates her and Sokka to keep them with him rather than let them go see their father ("Bato of the Water Tribe" ). He won't listen to Jeong Jeong's level-headed warnings and refusals ("The Deserter" ), and likewise decides he's wiser than Guru Pathik ("The Guru" ).

Yes, he's also occasionally selfless, thoughtful, insightful, and kind. But he comes off as any other patriarchal dudebro. It leaves one hell of a sour taste.

Give me Zuko over this a*****e any day. At least Zuko understands that he needs to fundamentally change as a person.

User ImageAang was 12 years old and lived on an all-male monk island for the majority of his life besides traveling and mostly playing other boys such as Kuzon and Bumi. You really think he was being as a** and just didn't understand love, what it was supposed to be or just be confused? That was just showing Aang as a confused boy going through puberty. I never got the impression he was being an a**. I always got the impression he was a bit impulsive and confused about it and read way too much into the play he was watching.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff