Welcome to Gaia! ::

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

Alright, it kind of seems like Bryke is implying that Bolin will end up being with a guy.

Before you roll your eyes and dismiss be as a desperate yaoi fangirl, please note that I prefer het to yaoi and yuri, but indulge in both from time to time.

Moving on.

For starters, let's take a look at what Bryke said at SDCC.

" . . . we have one of the most bizarre love stories for Bolin, which I don’t want to give away . . . "

Alright, this doesn't really mean anything by itself, but it does mean he's getting a love interest who probably isn't Asami. Bosami wouldn't really be bizarre. "Adorable" would be a better word.
I doubt Makorra will break up, though I'd be rather elated if they did.

"In Avatar, we have plenty of relationship stuff going on — love triangles and stuff like that — but I think the ones we deal with in Book Two, we’ve never done before. They’re different dynamics."

Different stuff, eh?
Let's use process of elimination, then.

Kataang: Adorable, awkward first love
Makorra: Belligerent sexual tension
Yukka: Tragic romance
Sukka: Normal, healthy couple
Maiko: Childhood friend romance
Tokka: One-sided crush

So I guess that leaves forbidden/taboo love, unless Bryke is exaggerating about the difference.
That definitely counts as bizarre. A canon foe yay relationship would make my heart melt with happiness, but seeing as how the villains of this season are spirits, I seriously doubt it'll happen. Pooh.

Now, nothing so far implies homosexuality . . .

. . . until we get to Verick.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Flamboyant SWT guy? Friend of Bolin's?

I doubt there'd be anything going on between these two, but he might help get Bolin out of the closet. I dunno.

It all seems to add up, though. I mean, introducing a new female just for Bolin at this point (unless she's a villain oh god please foe yay) would feel a bit relationship sue-y.

This is all speculation, of course, but I could see Bryke somehow convincing Nick to let them take a go at homosexuality.

They let them show a murder/suicide, after all.

It would certainly explain why he got over Korra so quickly.

Thoughts?

Genius

[Actually I find this very realistic, and I think exactly the same thing. And I would find it amazing if a "children's" show actually was allowed to go that way, nowadays! It would be a huge step in the right direction.
However. I hope they don't drown the plot and action in book two to please yaoi fangirls, after they did that in book one to please shippers in general. I'm talking about the unhealthy kind of yaoi fangirls here, by the way.]

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Since homosexuality is more taboo than murder-suicide in our world, I don't foresee this happening. And I really hope it doesn't if it's going to be this Verrick guy and Bolin. I know it's unfair to judge since we haven't seen anything of him other than his character art, but I already dislike him. I don't want him around Bolin as it messes up my Broh ship.

Hilarious Conversationalist

i would absolutely love this! but whether they decide to go the homosexual route or the bolin / spirit doesn't really matter to me. c= i think introducing this kind of thing into the show would be a nice idea, but the controversy would probably end up killing the show ( sadly enough ). The older generation is so full of homophobes that it's really quite sad ( and i'm not saying they're ALL like that, as my grandma isn't ), but it's just facts. i mean, there's a gay couple in young avenger's ( which is a kids comic ), and people tried to flip over that, but...i stand by whatever the creator's want to do, and i think it would be cute~ c= there's my two cents to this whole thing.

Genius

Ustareth Merope Riddle
Since homosexuality is more taboo than murder-suicide in our world, I don't foresee this happening. And I really hope it doesn't if it's going to be this Verrick guy and Bolin. I know it's unfair to judge since we haven't seen anything of him other than his character art, but I already dislike him. I don't want him around Bolin as it messes up my Broh ship.

[Personally, I don't think Verrick will be his love interest, but he would probably help Bolin come out of the closet, like OP wrote already. I can perfectly imagine this.]

Dapper Capitalist

I'm not against the idea of a homosexual relationship in Avatar, but yeah, like others, I just REALLY doubt they'll actually do it.

But on the topic of strange romances that they haven't done before, I think there are a few more besides forbidden/taboo love. Or they could play around with forbidden/taboo love without making the couple homosexual in the end. I believe the trope is called Sweet on Polly Oliver which would mean we would also get a reverse trap cool
If they do make him end up with a guy, i'm definitely ok with it ^^ i just hope they wouldn't make the other guy stereotipically flamboyant, i'm sick of how gay men are portrayed in media

Dapper Capitalist

That or he's into abusive relationships.

Bashful Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
xx Cookie-Boots xx
Alright, it kind of seems like Bryke is implying that Bolin will end up being with a guy.

Before you roll your eyes and dismiss be as a desperate yaoi fangirl, please note that I prefer het to yaoi and yuri, but indulge in both from time to time.

Moving on.

For starters, let's take a look at what Bryke said at SDCC.

" . . . we have one of the most bizarre love stories for Bolin, which I don’t want to give away . . . "

Alright, this doesn't really mean anything by itself, but it does mean he's getting a love interest who probably isn't Asami. Bosami wouldn't really be bizarre. "Adorable" would be a better word.
I doubt Makorra will break up, though I'd be rather elated if they did.

"In Avatar, we have plenty of relationship stuff going on — love triangles and stuff like that — but I think the ones we deal with in Book Two, we’ve never done before. They’re different dynamics."

Different stuff, eh?
Let's use process of elimination, then.

Kataang: Adorable, awkward first love
Makorra: Belligerent sexual tension
Yukka: Tragic romance
Sukka: Normal, healthy couple
Maiko: Childhood friend romance
Tokka: One-sided crush

So I guess that leaves forbidden/taboo love, unless Bryke is exaggerating about the difference.
That definitely counts as bizarre. A canon foe yay relationship would make my heart melt with happiness, but seeing as how the villains of this season are spirits, I seriously doubt it'll happen. Pooh.

Now, nothing so far implies homosexuality . . .

. . . until we get to Verick.

Flamboyant SWT guy? Friend of Bolin's?

I doubt there'd be anything going on between these two, but he might help get Bolin out of the closet. I dunno.

It all seems to add up, though. I mean, introducing a new female just for Bolin at this point (unless she's a villain oh god please foe yay) would feel a bit relationship sue-y.

This is all speculation, of course, but I could see Bryke somehow convincing Nick to let them take a go at homosexuality.

They let them show a murder/suicide, after all.

It would certainly explain why he got over Korra so quickly.

Thoughts?

I like your their but i'd have to disagree with you just because of the fact that it's nickelodeon - a KID'S network - but I'm not saying that it won't be implied through out the show..

Beloved Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Inquisitor 200
I absolutely do not approve. emotion_donotwant
I think that we need to remember that this is supposed to be a kids' show... It's on Nickelodeon, after all. Although Legend of Korra is pushing the 'kid boundaries', I DOUBT there will be any form of homosexuality.

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
CreativeButLazy
I'm not against the idea of a homosexual relationship in Avatar, but yeah, like others, I just REALLY doubt they'll actually do it.

But on the topic of strange romances that they haven't done before, I think there are a few more besides forbidden/taboo love. Or they could play around with forbidden/taboo love without making the couple homosexual in the end. I believe the trope is called Sweet on Polly Oliver which would mean we would also get a reverse trap cool

I'd really like that idea of a girl looking like a guy. I dunno why, but I want Bolin to be with a villain and make that villain be better person. It doesn't have to be a spirit. A person could of summoned them somehow.
Now I wouldn't mind this. I'm not a yaoi/yuri fan, I'm more of a hetero fan... but this seems fairly realistic.
Yet, Byrke may be referring to something else with the word 'bizarre', but we'll see how it goes. And also, just to remind you, this is a Nickelodeon show. I'm pretty sure Nickelodeon wouldn't allow such a thing to happen, but we'll see where it leads.

Obsessive Consumer

Mm, it's prob more the parents of the children that'd be protesting at this point.
Still, parents are quite influential.

Elfin Moonwalker

27,800 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Waffles! 25
I think it's a good idea but then parents might not let their kids watch it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff