Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Lunatic

More like his nephew Bumi.

Fashionable Shopper

Hidariude
I think everyone is missing the point that Bolin is tying in Varrick with the other characters, even if he's too stupid to realize what he's doing he's actually very important because he's being used in propaganda to start the war and if it weren't for him, Future Industries would never have gotten connected with Varrick and his brother never would have gone to the set and realized that the Varrick had the remote detonators used in the terrorist attacks. Yes Bolin isn't really doing anything but he is Forrest Gumping his way through this war, being everywhere important and oblivious to the significance of his own presence.

gaia_kittenstar That's what I think. He's easily manipulated and therefore Varrick got himself close to him because he's Mako's brother. He also expressed interest in something to do so it was that much easier. No one expected it until it was too late. But Bolin really hasn't found his niche yet either. His identity before was built on the team which is in shambles due to all of the things Korra and Mako are doing. So, he's sort of lost and left behind. That's a big difference between Sokka and Bolin. Sokka's purpose was to take care of Katara. That was his job given to him by his father. Bolin has no purpose other than to just try to survive. I assume that he'll eventually find it because Mako has found his as a detective.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
I think everyone is missing the point that Bolin is tying in Varrick with the other characters, even if he's too stupid to realize what he's doing he's actually very important because he's being used in propaganda to start the war and if it weren't for him, Future Industries would never have gotten connected with Varrick and his brother never would have gone to the set and realized that the Varrick had the remote detonators used in the terrorist attacks. Yes Bolin isn't really doing anything but he is Forrest Gumping his way through this war, being everywhere important and oblivious to the significance of his own presence.

gaia_kittenstar That's what I think. He's easily manipulated and therefore Varrick got himself close to him because he's Mako's brother. He also expressed interest in something to do so it was that much easier. No one expected it until it was too late. But Bolin really hasn't found his niche yet either. His identity before was built on the team which is in shambles due to all of the things Korra and Mako are doing. So, he's sort of lost and left behind. That's a big difference between Sokka and Bolin. Sokka's purpose was to take care of Katara. That was his job given to him by his father. Bolin has no purpose other than to just try to survive. I assume that he'll eventually find it because Mako has found his as a detective.

Sokka's team never broke up because the entire series was focused on fighting against he fire nation. Its hard to break up when you know that it might in fact be the actual end of the world. This time, however, there was a break in the action. The team came together to fight the anti-benders, and once they were stopped, the tension that kept them together was lost. Bolin liked pro bending, but Korra had her important Avatar duties to get back to and Mako was all about being a detective. Yeah, Bolin got left behind, but he shouldn't have to be a detective like his brother. Don't get too caught up in him having a purpose, he doesn't really need one. The current situation is a lot more relaxed and that's what he's there for, to keep it light. If you don't get it, you need more Bolin.

Fashionable Shopper

Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

Sokka's team never broke up because the entire series was focused on fighting against he fire nation. Its hard to break up when you know that it might in fact be the actual end of the world. This time, however, there was a break in the action. The team came together to fight the anti-benders, and once they were stopped, the tension that kept them together was lost. Bolin liked pro bending, but Korra had her important Avatar duties to get back to and Mako was all about being a detective. Yeah, Bolin got left behind, but he shouldn't have to be a detective like his brother. Don't get too caught up in him having a purpose, he doesn't really need one. The current situation is a lot more relaxed and that's what he's there for, to keep it light. If you don't get it, you need more Bolin.

gaia_kittenstar I didn't say that Bolin needs to be a detective. I said it wouldn't surprise me if he would eventually find his purpose. Each one of the characters in LoA had their purpose. Katara was all about learning and teaching waterbending. Its what made her want to accompany Aang in the first place, Sokka's was to protect his sister, Aang's was obviously the Avatar stuff, Toph's was to teach Aang Earthbending and later Zuko's calling was to teach Aang firebending. I can only assume that like Zuko, Bolin has to struggle with who he is and what he wants in life except not in the same way Zuko had to. Bolin obviously wants a purpose or he wouldn't have bothered trying to be a movie-star.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

gaia_kittenstar I didn't say that Bolin needs to be a detective. I said it wouldn't surprise me if he would eventually find his purpose. Each one of the characters in LoA had their purpose. Katara was all about learning and teaching waterbending. Its what made her want to accompany Aang in the first place, Sokka's was to protect his sister, Aang's was obviously the Avatar stuff, Toph's was to teach Aang Earthbending and later Zuko's calling was to teach Aang firebending. I can only assume that like Zuko, Bolin has to struggle with who he is and what he wants in life except not in the same way Zuko had to. Bolin obviously wants a purpose or he wouldn't have bothered trying to be a movie-star.

Sorry, I just get frustrated with everyone talking about how he doesn't have a purpose. He is comic relief and he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's actually worried about what he's doing, he just seems to be the wild card who ends up where ever he needs to be when he needs to be there. Although you make a good point about him being like Zuko, it could be interesting if his story goes that way and he does end up finding his greater purpose.

Fashionable Shopper

Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

Sorry, I just get frustrated with everyone talking about how he doesn't have a purpose. He is comic relief and he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's actually worried about what he's doing, he just seems to be the wild card who ends up where ever he needs to be when he needs to be there. Although you make a good point about him being like Zuko, it could be interesting if his story goes that way and he does end up finding his greater purpose.

gaia_kittenstar Comic relief can have a purpose. Sokka had a purpose and yet he was comic relief. Toph also was pretty comical and she definitely served a purpose. Just because a character is comic relief doesn't mean they shouldn't have a purpose. I want Bolin to be more than just filler. I want to see him bend more and actually have something to do with the story- like this last episode. His character deserves more than just comic relief..

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

gaia_kittenstar Comic relief can have a purpose. Sokka had a purpose and yet he was comic relief. Toph also was pretty comical and she definitely served a purpose. Just because a character is comic relief doesn't mean they shouldn't have a purpose. I want Bolin to be more than just filler. I want to see him bend more and actually have something to do with the story- like this last episode. His character deserves more than just comic relief..

Maybe he'll decide to be a comedian and switch from action movers to comedy movers.

Fashionable Shopper

Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

Maybe he'll decide to be a comedian and switch from action movers to comedy movers.

gaia_kittenstar Maybe. He already figured out that he loves being the center of attention. The thing is, Bolin was always taken care of by Mako. Mako was/is the responsible one while Bolin goes off and plays. This is why I would expect to see some character growth. I'd expect that Bolin would eventually be able to find a way in which he can be responsible. We may not see this for awhile because those character growths in both Sokka and Zuko did not happen until book 3. Zuko joined team avatar and Sokka got sword training.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

gaia_kittenstar Maybe. He already figured out that he loves being the center of attention. The thing is, Bolin was always taken care of by Mako. Mako was/is the responsible one while Bolin goes off and plays. This is why I would expect to see some character growth. I'd expect that Bolin would eventually be able to find a way in which he can be responsible. We may not see this for awhile because those character growths in both Sokka and Zuko did not happen until book 3. Zuko joined team avatar and Sokka got sword training.

Sokka started taking responsibility when his father left to fight in the war, and Zuko took responsibility the moment he saw the beacon of light from Aang. Sokka'sgrowth was less responsibility and more capability. As for Zuko, it was independence, realizing there was another path than the one he was on. Bolin is simply in need of belonging, he's comfortable with himself, but everyone around him has gone off in their own direction. He probably won't find himself until the end of the series, he needs to have freedom to explore so he can be used to introduce new plot hooks. I am a writer, therefore I think of what the showrunners need more than the characters. Happy ending would have been for the Fire Ferrets to continue pro bending, that came apart because the writers needed the characters to do other things. If Bolin settles into something it makes it harder to introduce new things, but as long as he's all over the place anything can happen, and that will be his role.

Fashionable Shopper

Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

Sokka started taking responsibility when his father left to fight in the war, and Zuko took responsibility the moment he saw the beacon of light from Aang. Sokka'sgrowth was less responsibility and more capability. As for Zuko, it was independence, realizing there was another path than the one he was on. Bolin is simply in need of belonging, he's comfortable with himself, but everyone around him has gone off in their own direction. He probably won't find himself until the end of the series, he needs to have freedom to explore so he can be used to introduce new plot hooks. I am a writer, therefore I think of what the showrunners need more than the characters. Happy ending would have been for the Fire Ferrets to continue pro bending, that came apart because the writers needed the characters to do other things. If Bolin settles into something it makes it harder to introduce new things, but as long as he's all over the place anything can happen, and that will be his role.

gaia_kittenstar Bolin may be comfortable with himself but he has no sense of belonging which is in need of. His brother makes the money but someday he will also need to do that as well. Bolin is growing up but is still essentially a child which isn't good when your all on your own. I'm not saying that the happy ending needs to be the Fire Ferrets. In fact, I'd be happier if it wasn't because then we can actually see real earthbending from him more. Personally, I want to see him adventure with Korra.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

gaia_kittenstar Bolin may be comfortable with himself but he has no sense of belonging which is in need of. His brother makes the money but someday he will also need to do that as well. Bolin is growing up but is still essentially a child which isn't good when your all on your own. I'm not saying that the happy ending needs to be the Fire Ferrets. In fact, I'd be happier if it wasn't because then we can actually see real earthbending from him more. Personally, I want to see him adventure with Korra.

Speaking from my personal experience, its just not that easy to find where you belong. Sometimes you have to wait for that to happen.

Fashionable Shopper

Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude
LilPinkCandy
Hidariude

Speaking from my personal experience, its just not that easy to find where you belong. Sometimes you have to wait for that to happen.

gaia_kittenstar That's why I think like Zuko, Bolin will not find it until later on. He may just go on trying new things and bouncing around from thing to thing. He tried pro-bending but the group broke up and then he tried acting but the boss got arrested. So, perhaps he will do something else for awhile. I assume he'll find his niche eventually in some dramatic way like Zuko did except I highly doubt he will go through a 'sickness' to find it. Like, Zuko didn't come to his conclusion until almost the end of the series. I predict he'll either find it somewhere in the next book or in the last one.

Newbie Gaian

3,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Statustician 100
No one can replace Sokka, but Bolin and Sokka do share some similarities when it comes to their sense of humor xDD They're great characters!! Missing Sokka</3

Greedy Capitalist

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces