Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenauri's Significant Otter

Loyal Codger

Sir_Catherine
It just feels so different I can forgive it and tell my pride to shush. Also, I came here for the role playing forum at first and one doesn't find that on facebook! (Or do they?)
    I have seen a few RP based accounts on Facebook before; though, I don't know how serious of a thing it was.
    Looked more like a pure fandom sort of thing (ex: Portraying a character from a game or anime) to me but I do know some people that use Facebook as a means to roleplay.

I just use Facebook to spam friends with doodles and pictures I take now and again.
    And to keep up with friends I made during my time in Louisiana who I don't see often any longer.

Gaia has definitely become a place for art and roleplaying for me. Even if I've grown more-and-more shy, haha.

EDIT
    Sir_Catherine
    You two mind if I join your conversation? I fully relate to both lack of interest in an intimate relationship and discomfort with most social media.

For some reason I'm just now seeing this post.
    Dude, you don't ever have to ask to join in on a convo. Just jump right on in!
    I'm always cool with you joining in on conversations. So keep on jumpin' in like you did.
    And I'm sorry it took me this long to notice that post. I'm terrible.

Loyal Codger

Nu Sanniang
    I'm glad you always find your way back. I missed talking to you.

Loyal Codger

Aalyve Wyyre
*waves* Yeah it's been literally 2 years...heh Life has been busy, but good! How've you been??
    Look at me being a terrible person. Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner!

Has it really been that long? Goodness gracious!
    I hope life is treating you well despite it being busy.
    Life has been busy on my end too but I'm surviving, haha.
Sonpi-Chan
Nu Sanniang
    I'm glad you always find your way back. I missed talking to you.

emotion_hug I love talking to you too <3

Dedicated Giver

21,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Loiterer 100
  • Nerd 50
Sonpi-Chan
Aalyve Wyyre
*waves* Yeah it's been literally 2 years...heh Life has been busy, but good! How've you been??

Yeah I "left" shortly after my grandson was born. Just no time to spend here! Shortly after THAT, we went through a core processing system conversion at work - that was like an 18 month long project that was completed in May last year. After 6 months in the new system, we're feeling more comfortable, but still finding things that are working differently than anticipated. It's all new, so there's going to have to be time to learn the "quirks" smile

Glad you're surviving! I hope you've been well and I hope to be by here more frequently! emotion_hug Right now, I'm just gathering daily reward type things and feeling my way around here again...

Magical Genius

Aalyve Wyyre
Sonpi-Chan
Aalyve Wyyre

Yeah I "left" shortly after my grandson was born. Just no time to spend here! Shortly after THAT, we went through a core processing system conversion at work - that was like an 18 month long project that was completed in May last year. After 6 months in the new system, we're feeling more comfortable, but still finding things that are working differently than anticipated. It's all new, so there's going to have to be time to learn the "quirks" smile

Glad you're surviving! I hope you've been well and I hope to be by here more frequently! emotion_hug Right now, I'm just gathering daily reward type things and feeling my way around here again...

You've missed a LOT of inflation on this site if you've been gone for 2 years.

Loyal Codger

Aalyve Wyyre
    Oh wow. Sounds like you've been pretty busy! Just remember to take care of yourself, okay? =)

Still surviving one way or another, haha. I hope to see you more when you have the time!

Loyal Codger

Hey do you guys wanna be part of a bit of doodling practice and experiment?
        I bought a new monitor -- a tablet monitor. I only tried it out once but for some reason my newer version of SAI won't work with it, so I'm using my older one (FML). And I need to figure out sketch / doodle / drawing settings for it and what-not. Also get the hang of drawing on...the screen instead of my old dinky tablet.

So could y'all lend me a hand with things to sketch out?
        I managed to do this while playing around when I first got it. The lines aren't as smooth as I want but it is fun to play with the lines, haha.

User Image

Sonpi-Chan

emotion_kirakira how could we possibly say no?
What do you need me to do?

Loyal Codger

Nu Sanniang
    Just toss me a reference image of an avatar, OC, or character you want me to sketch / doodle.

Magical Genius

Sonpi-Chan

Hey do you guys wanna be part of a bit of doodling practice and experiment?
        I bought a new monitor -- a tablet monitor. I only tried it out once but for some reason my newer version of SAI won't work with it, so I'm using my older one (FML). And I need to figure out sketch / doodle / drawing settings for it and what-not. Also get the hang of drawing on...the screen instead of my old dinky tablet.

So could y'all lend me a hand with things to sketch out?
        I managed to do this while playing around when I first got it. The lines aren't as smooth as I want but it is fun to play with the lines, haha.

User Image

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B513mMaN9MbqX2JISUxXNDFCdTg/view?usp=sharing
Sonpi-Chan
Nu Sanniang
    Just toss me a reference image of an avatar, OC, or character you want me to sketch / doodle.

User Image

would something like this do?

Loyal Codger

Nu Sanniang
User Image

would something like this do?
    That'll work just fine, sweet-pea.

Loyal Codger

I'll try to do some of these sketches...Friday or so (no promises but I will try). Apparently work thinks I can reschedule everything from sudden doctor appointments to my sleep in order to fit their needs on a moment's notice.
        So. I'm sorry for makin' y'all wait on some practice sketches and what-not. This has been a week from hell for sure.

Dedicated Giver

21,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Loiterer 100
  • Nerd 50
Kirito Yuuki
You've missed a LOT of inflation on this site if you've been gone for 2 years.

I really have missed a lot! Then again, it feels like I've not missed much at all.... it's a very odd thing really! 4laugh The Lake Kindred thing is completely new to me - I never got into the animal poses at all either and it looks like there has been more and more things geared toward that while I was away.

I love that Lanzar is back (good timing for meeee!) and he's dedicated to trying to figure out/fix things and listening to users along the way. A good/promising sign! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff