Welcome to Gaia! ::

January 19, 2017: Thread is still open to art trades and freebies. Please use form(s) below. If confused, ask in thread for clarification.

July 9, 2016: Ew, why is there a fb share page? Anyways, to those of you reading the first post of this thread, both freebie and AT slots are still open and will continue to be open until I edit the thread's title. Don't be shy, let's help each other out with practice!
Current count since May = freeb:2, AT:1

May 29, 2016: Opening 1 slot (likely portrait/head shot) for outsider freebie and 1 slot for art trade (likely uncoloured).

For the freebie, please post 1 or 2 characters/avatars that you would like drawn using the following form:
[size=24][b](ʘ言ʘ ){what about me?)[/b][/size]
[size=10][b]Character/avatar name:[/b] Name(s) of the character(s)/avatar(s) you are requesting to be drawn.
[b]Reference image:[/b] Please post either a thumbnail of the character (of its head is fine) or use the spoilers for larger images. Do not link me to your character hub unless I specifically ask you.[/size]

*Note: I do not draw animals.

For the AT, please post 1 or 2 characters/avatars that you would like to be drawn (and don't mind getting messed up!) using the following form:
[size=24][b]ヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ{PAPER LOOK HERE)[/b][/size]
[size=10][b]Character/avatar name:[/b] Name(s) of the character(s)/avatar(s) you are requesting to be drawn.
[b]Reference image:[/b] Please post either a thumbnail of the character (of its head is fine) or use the spoilers for larger images. Do not link me to your character hub unless I specifically ask you.
[b]Swapping:[/b] Will we be swapping head/bust/waist etc type shots? Please consider that on my end it will be an uncoloured sketch or lines...offer appropriately.
[b]My examples:[/b] This is optional. If you would like to showcase some of your works, you are more than welcomed to (use spoilers if thumbnails are not available). If you just want to experiment, that's cool too. Should you decide to show examples, you may also ask me to show mine since most of the images on the first page is quite dated. If you don't show any examples, then woohoo surprise for the both of us!
[b]I'd like to draw:[/b] Who/what would you like to draw? I have some art requests listed on the first page, but you can also draw one of my regulars (Chansey, Yoshi, Striker, nocte, Monday, Peaches, Dramatica, Holmgeir, etc). If you're not sure or are looking for something specific you can state that and I'll try to search something up for you![/size]

**Note: I will not be rejecting any AT offers based on your style/technique/experience because I have no idea how mine will turn out either LOL. If I do decline, it may be that I think/know that I cannot draw your character/avatar...but you can always refer me to other ones!!
I do not draw couples/group shots and will not draw anything that appears too sexualized(???) or gory.

┌( ಠ_ಠ )┘ (づ ಠ_ಠ )づ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
May 1/12: My word I'm still working on these pieces. I keep redoing them, so bare with me.
April 19/12: Finished one request! One more to go and will probably redo trade again OTL
April 11/12: Current to do list: 1 art trade, 2 freebies (oc + avatar).

User Image

LOL, WATCH ME FAIL FORMAT.
        ((I got lazy and basically just replaced the sidebanners and did minor adjustments to text...XD))
        palette that inspired this colour theme

As 2010 becomes the past, we approach 2011 with new hopes and dreams.

say
        goodbye to the old year and hello to the new year.

Come on guys, say something! ; a ; /shoves ocs
        Nathanael: Wait, what are you... But I don't have anything...
        /sigh+hand rubbing temples

Xen: Ahaha, don't mind Nate, he's really bad at this.

Nathanael: WHO SAID YOU COULD CALL ME THAT? And who's bad at -

Xen: /covers Nate's mouth
        I hope everyone is taking some time off to relax! And that you all have had a good or reasonably decent year. If not, hey, we have a new year and I'm sure it'll make up for it! ^ u ^

Olive: Yes, have a safe and happy holiday everyone. n u n

PAPER: /KICKS NATE
        SAY SOMETHING scream

Nathanael: /sigh
        Thanks to those of you who've taken the time to read/post in dragonfruit. We really appreciate it, and hope that this upcoming year you'll be able to support us again. /bow

Xen: = u =
        Don't forget to eat a lot of yummies! And bring me some too when you drop by ;D

Olive: /elbows Xen

Xen: oww, what'd I do?
        ...but I really want to eat them too ; a;

DRAGONFRUIT CAST: THANKS EVERYONE AND HAVE A GOOD ENDING TO 2010! PARTY, EAT, SLEEP LOTS AND AWAKE TO THE NEW YEAR WITH A SMILE!

Nate: That was so corny paper...

PAPER: NO, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL /sobsob

Babydragons: /cute dragon noises
User Image User Image

September 17: Thread is still partially under construction, but open to the public. I apologize for it's unattractiveness ; ;
                    AND THANK YOU Nerpin FOR REALLOCATING THE THREAD HERE =D
                    Please be sure to sign our guest book located here

September 26: I'll now be offering pixel thingies XD These may either be dolls (maybe I'll even use my tachibase xD) or random gifs (fairly small size), ie blinking blob xD. For samples check the first and second page of my old thread

September 28: Thread has it's own dragon-gaian!

["Mon. Sept 28, 2009: Chemicult"]hmmm....rawr......what to eat.....
                    dragon eats......dragonfruit? and small villages

I shall protect the thread. and if I see any villains. I just blow some dragon fire and burning_eyes go the bad peoples. mrgreen

September 30: Hey guys, I know I haven't been on much but I'll try to take requests every so often. I don't have gimp on me yet, so I might end up using sumopaint. Anyways, right now I'm in the mood for drawing an android, so if you have an android oc, please post down a request. Make sure you get the right form though!

October 2: As of yesterday, I can make bad buttons! XD OTL Feel free to ask for one if it's one of the simpler kinds like this.

October 4: We have baby dragon eggs! Well...two atm. >u< Also, as of yesterday I've developed two new doll bases, so I might end up using those as for what the individual thread characters offer.

December 29: I redid the layout so that the banners no longer say, "I'll make this prettier later...I hope".
                    Baby dragons hatched a while ago (like 2-3 months ago? XD) And there's random doodles and dolls all over the place...OTL
                    I'm willing to do headshots but they'll be semi-realism. To be considered, you must post at least 15x in this thread OR someone (excluding yourself) approves of your request. Hair is not my friend, keep that in mind when requesting. Oh, and there's no form for the request, just write it in 59B56D colour size 14 bold.

TWENTYTEN! 2010
                    January 2: I finally scanned my chibi version of the head ocs of this thread. Still no name for Guy#1 though XD

January 3: quote="Chansey with a chainsaw"It can be Tetris Bloc Thursday at DF. rofl <3/quote
                    And so it shall be done. Jan 7th be sure to get out your best Tetris gear cool

January 8: So, only Chansey and I showed up in our ultra cool gear. Way to go guys, way to go. /f3

April 26: Hey guys look at what yoshi drew for me! :'D
                    Isn't it precious? ; A ;
                    Anyways, as you can probably tell, I haven't been doodling lately. Not sure if I've lost my drive for it or something. Inspire me and who knows what I'll come up with!

May 5: I finished my first freebie in ages! I just couldn't figure out where to post it since the spot where I thought completed works would be seems to be rather crowded XD
                    I also started looking at more vector work and so my mindset is oriented towards that type of digital art rather than digital painting. If you'd rather have me switch over, let me know XD

May 15: Dude/dudettes, this is getting freaking ridiculous! Posting on Gaia is so unpredictable for me right now. At times it's at a normal pace, at others (majority of the time now) it makes me ages to load the screen. Same with imagehosting sites...idk why but tinypic doesn't want to work on me, and pb takes a while as does imageshack...not cool man, not cool. If you can't manage to catch me on Gaia, you can try pming me to see if we're on any other site together (Kinsaki, Menewsha, Ernya, KofK; I think I go by City Rain for all those...just let me know who you are on Gaia or w/e)
                    OH WAIT. I THINK THE PROBLEM'S SOLVED...FOR NOW

June 13: So problem not solved. I've probably had my laptop reformatted twice since the last update OTL I'd love to get a new laptop, but that costs money, and well...tuition is kinda pricey >.>; I've been wanting to get a tablet again, but probably won't since drawing is more like a pastime thing for me. My mouse still works, so it's all good >.<
                    One last thing: I'm now working, so I don't have as much spare time...like I actually get home late ; A ;

Aug 12: Finally redoing the layout. Not what I had planned in terms of visuals, but I guess it's decent =/

Aug 31: Redid layout once more. Possibly getting ready for thread anniversary too?

Sept 8: Guy#1 now has a first name! surprised (His name is Nathanael~)

Sept 18: Finished giving out the anniversary cupcakes. If I missed you, please let me know!

Dec 23: New simple layout because I'm too lazy to make an elaborate one :'D. say goodbye is what I call it cool

July 31, 2011: WOW, it's been this long since I've updated? Oh man, so today it appears that we've reached the "popular" thread status with hitting the big 100 thread votes. YAY THREAD! /hugsnkisses Now, just to make sure we don't get as many dislikes...oh boy o u o;;;;;;

MARCH 9/12: A'ight guys here's the downlow on what's happenin' in the dfizzle. XD
                    I will now begin accepting requests, but because I'm working there's going to be a much longer wait. I have no recently completed pieces to show you, so unless you have the link to my tumblr, just expect the worst, lol.
                    To request, please make a post in this thread - main heading should be "Request" in size 24, followed by a reference image of the avatar or original character. Below can be links to three (max) alternative requests in case I don't think I can do your main request well.
                    After this post, please also pm me with either the same post message or something more intimate.

I do not accept couple/group requests. Trade requests will have a higher priority to regular requests.
Rules + Guidelines
*please note that this is a freebies thread and at times a request
thread as well. With this said, by no means are you allowed to
steal images, layout, original characters, etc.
*rules may be subject to change at any time.

► Show common courtesy for those residing in the thread_
                      ► Hit-n-runs are fine, but don't expect anything...especially if you tell me to pm you a doodle

► No quoting the first page or any large images (if you happen to quote large images, remove the img tags).
                      No posting in light colours, because it's a pain to read. I may even ignore you if you do so.
                      Disable any large flobs over 250x250 / 250x300. I know you only want to display the
                      lovely artwork, but taking up so much space for only a bit of text? That's just rude. If, however, you can justify that space with written text <excluding post style text>, then it's fine.

Guidelines
                      *how to increase your chances of getting paper's doodles and whatnot
                      *please note that I have the right to reject you, but that doesn't mean you can't
                      try again, unless stated so.

► Conversation>>bumping
                      ► Have an interesting avatar or original character
                      ► Don't be so demanding with your order. It's my freebie, therefore I should decide what I want to do.
                      ► Try to stick around instead of pulling a no show after your first post.
                      User Image
                      ◄ I don't do couples or group shots.
                      ◄ I prefer OCs not to be derived from some anime like pokemon, naruto, etc
User Image User Image
                      Dragonfruit's main characters. (OCs)
                      *optional reading; these characters may appear in the thread from time to time and may provide opportunities to get some sort of freebie

User ImageBirth name: Olivia
                      Nickname: Olive
                      Height: ~5'6" - 5'7"
                      Eyes: Green
                      Hair: Medium length black hair with turquoise underlayer bangs
                      Marks: Mole to left of chin
                      ▬SHE HAS MEAT ON HER BONES, LOL; somewhat voluptuous and toned.
                      I FOUND MY ORIGINAL WIP OF HER. CLIIICK rofl aug 11 colour update
                      full body doll
                      ▬omg she kinda has a sad story in terms of her love life. idk how to explain yet since its all in my head though, but omg the poor girl ;A ;

User ImageBirth name: Nathanael
                      Nickname: Nathan, Nate
                      Height: ??
                      Eyes: Violet?
                      Hair: Short black hair
                      ▬Isn't top dog yet, but getting there; currently heading one of his father's business branches.
                      I wouldn't say he's a womanizer . . . but he's had his share. He's probably the most boring character of the three right now, ROFL, THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT AND HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING CUZ I MADE HIM AND I CAN MAKE HIM DISAPPEAR TOO.

only available image of him so far; chibi OTL

User Image Birth name: Xen (pronounced like Zen)
                      Nickname: ??
                      Eyes: Blue/Gray
                      Hair: Blonde maybe? Sometimes a tad wavy
                      ▬He's your typical fun, lovable guy. Generic? Probably just a tad XD//
                      He's into brainy girls
                      full body doll

Character dynamics/bg/plot/whatever you guys call them
                      Olive be going out with guy #1 but they're not an official couple; guy #1 doesn't feel the necessity of having to put a label on their relationship. Atm, guy #2 is being looked after Olive as a request from his grandfather. They're also attending the same college/university. Guy#1 isn't particularly comfortable with the established relationship between the two (or rather doesn't know the details of it). And now, they're stuck in this place kinda like a warehouse but not. xD
                      I DUNNO, I HAVENT FULLY SET A BACKGROUND PLOT THINGY FOR THEM YET. SHUDDUPIKNOWITSUCKS ; n;

User Image
Hidden characters
                      ► Should this thread last long, there will be a few characters debuting here.
                      ► You will also be able to see how the dragon babies are growing up~

HOMG SAY WUT?
                      "babymama//bigbrotherdragon: Chemicult (on oct 4/o9)"
                      One born of Dark,
                      One born of Light.
                      Two destined souls,
                      An eternal fight.

►Meet the thread babies, bbyd1 User Image and bbyd2 User Image

Hatched stage:
                      User Image
                      Whoa, guys, just look at how interactive these babies are with Captain Mechnikov (sept 19/10)User Image
                      User Image
User Image User Image
                    Projects
                    Check here if you want to see what I'm currently working on or what I may have completed (if I was satisfied with the result or remembered to post)

Current challenge:

Freebies/surprises:
                    User Image
                    Requested by Skife_Nunya (old acquaintance from an AF thread and early visiter of MUFT) for her friend Blind Cosmos.
                    Started on evening of May4th (I think) and completed by early morning of May5th

If you're interested in getting a crappy simple layout similar to mine, feel free to pm me about it. Depending on the circumstances, it may or may not be free.
                    ☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼¶§▬↨↑↓→←∟↔▲▼ !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;
                    <=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
                    {|}~⌂Çüé¥┤¬á╚╔╩╦╠═╬¤ðÐÊ▄¦Ì▀ÓßÔÒõÕµ­·♦♫↑"
User ImageRequests
User Image

I'd love it if you could draw me one of the following:
                    • any of the three ocs listed under main character
                    • ME! lol, or rather the version shown to the left of this post. (doll base from ichigo-tan@dA).
                    • my sheep-princely self. There's no set design, so just go crazy~
                    • a sheep or a baby chick

I'm willing to do an art trade as well if you'd like. ;D
Affiliates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                      [url=http://tinyurl.com/3xgpb2y][img]http://tinyurl.com/3xy9nmx[/img][/url]

User Image
                      [url=http://tinyurl.com/3xgpb2y][img]http://tinyurl.com/343xx4c[/img][/url]

User Image
                      [url=http://tinyurl.com/3xgpb2y][img]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss119/Practice_album/layouts/mb-1.png[/img][/url]

links out
                      User Image
                      User Image
                      Genitive Case Endings
                      User Image
                      User Image
                      User Image
                      User Image
                      User Image
                      User Image
User Image
FORM for later use:
[color=limegreen][size=20]I'VE GOT A CHARACTER YOU MIGHT LIKE[/size]
[size=11]username:
character name:
character gender:
rough character age: young[infant]/mature[late teen-adult]
character reference image:
character basics: Please, if you must provide a description, KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE. I can almost guarantee you that I'm not going to go into detail with the drawing. Heck, I might even reject you because you put too much info.[/size] [/color]

Point system

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*one way of getting doodles; starts on page 25.

*the post you made on page 25 will count as post#1.
If you choose to start on say page 30,
then the post you made on page 30 will
be counted as post#1.

*you must clearly state the post count somewhere in your post.
If not, that post will not be counted.
Frequent bumps to increase post count are not allowed.

100 posts: head
200 posts: bust
300 posts: waist
*these may either be lines or coloured pending on avatar/oc and my mood.
*I will either be using neko paint or gimp
*once cashed in, the points will be deducted from your total.

Please use this form to cash them in:
[color=deeppink][size=20]Points cashed![/size]
[size=10][b][username]:[/b]
[b][posts][/b]: I'm cashing in <insert #of posts>

[b][pts request][/b]: which prize would you like? line or colour? <-please note that i may disregard this bit

[b][oc or avi]:[/b] state ONE or the other
[b][reference]:[/b] can be an image or written, but DO NOT state “my current avatar”
[/size][/color]

/cuts giant ribbon to signify the opening of her thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff