Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Mage

Sabreisk

I've learned a lot and I can say with pride that I'm glad I never gave up, and also that I enjoyed my creations when I was younger without shame and drew with reckless abandon. I'm trying to do that more now, sometimes it hard to understand as an artist that not everything you make has to be a masterpiece.

WOW. Yeah... You got us beat. xD Crazy improvement there, lady!

Mega Mage

Kaiser-chan
I am going to need to drink heavily to forget that this thread made me remember I had an angelfire account. Because curiosity killed the cat, I tracked it down, spent an hour reading through it before I deleted it, and I regret everything. How I survived to adulthood when I was that ******** dumb I will never know.

But I survived my encounter with 2001-2 me to bring gifts of fugly fanart. Neither was strictly first, but they appear to be the first non-oekaki ones I actually posted anywhere, so I'll count them

Weirdly, my signature has barely changed in 12-13 years. The good news is that I am no longer using filters for the backgrounds, I guess the bad news is I never stopped doing generic shitty gratuitous fanart. But that's less a problem of skill than it is brains. (I started to feel proud about the improvement until I remembered that someone could have been born when I did the first picture, and have a gaia account by the time I did the second set of examples, and then I just felt worse. I spent half my life and all I got from it was wrist problems, a tumblr, and adequate enough not to be an eyesore.)

You don't know how much joy and laughter this post brought me. Not because of the art, but because I share the same sentiments as you. I'm going to have to see if I can find my old freewebs site, since that has a lot of my middle school stuff.
http://l-ataraxia-l.deviantart.com/art/Improve-Yo-Self-461887567

Improvement meme

Haha I just did this meme on self improvement. I redrew my first ever digital disaster xp

Sparkling Garbage

9,525 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Here's mine... Oh god. The embarrassment.

Brainy Prophet

3,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
My first made in Dec 2012. This was something I made on a bamboo tablet when I first got it for Christmas.
Current drawing from April of this year.
With this I have to say that I'm getting better every day and that for those of you who are just getting into digital art to not give up. I've known people to touch a tablet and give up if they don't understand how to use the program/tablet itself. It's awesome having a great drawing program and learning how to use these powerful tools so have fun!

Inquisitive Prophet

Don't laugh at me, but my first digital drawing was on a website, roiworld.com. I really got into drawing on there, this was way before I even heard of digital art programs and a tablet. It was surprisingly fun so I ended up making lots of drawings! But because I was so ignorant, I never saved them so I lost them when the site went down... crying
I don't think its my first, because its minus all the 4th grade MS paint doodles during computer time right? I think I did this when I was 15? Maybe 16? With my mouse on probably SAI free version... 6-7 years ago

Lionheart

oh gosh, I've never shown anyone the very first thing I did (that looked halfway decent) on a tablet.
in chronological order from earliest to latest:
I got my first tablet Christmas of 2013

I lost my first digital piece (mouse+GIMP), but a while later, I polished up my mouse skills and used MS Paint:
User ImageUser Image

My first decent-looking thing with my first tablet (Intuos Pro M + PS CS6) :
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Which, within a day or two, quickly evolved into these:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

and now, I do stuff like this
oh jesus christ
2006 I'M OLD
this was like my first OC ever and i thought she was the coolest
look at that damn sparkle i put in here eye GODDAMNIT

Invisible Gekko

8,275 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
This was my very first digital work ever. I remember it well. Was trying to win the digital entry of a gaia contest years ago. I even bought my first tablet to try and get a leg up. Didn't work. lol
I've kept it up on my deviant, as well as some others, for the nostalgic aspect.
it's not my very first digital work, because MSpaint and stuff beforehand, but I remember this thing taking me *weeks* and feeling all happy with myself about this epic digital painting I had created I actually joined deviantart just to share this glorious masterpiece with the world.

LOL.

Comparitively, this one is about the same level of effort now as that was then.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff