Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Help The Bombardier

Explorer

DIGGING TO THE DEEP DIPS OF MY dA

1 and 2 - definitely not the first digital art i did, but pretty early since I did these when i was 12/13

1 and 2 - when i got my first tablet, these were done when i was 13/14

1 and 2 - current stuff from this year! seven years later, i am glad i do not draw the same way i did from when i was 12

In a relationship with Help The Bombardier

Explorer

TarotBunny
I don't have the energy to look it up but Im pretty sure it was just a headshot, and its lost in a photobucket account I never use now. XD but I do have this, which is always nice to look at: From 2009

It's something I draw once a year so if you go here and into the description you can see my attempts over the past 5 years, with that one from 2009 being the earliest Or you can just go back into my DA, since they're categorized by years. Honestly though I have earlier stuff but at that time I was using photobucket instead of DA for some reason and I never saved them so most of those are gone.

I really like the progress drawings you're doing here, 'cause they not only show how you've improved your use of the medium and anatomy, but also composition! It's more interesting to look at
I don't think I have the very first file anymore, but it would've been a drawing done on oekaki with a mouse something like 15+ years ago, I think.

User Image

Here's an apple I drew after nearly a 5 year break from drawing though.

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I wish I had mine so I could redraw it! I didn't have a DA at the time and my photobucket died. I tried looking all over the internet for it with no success. I vaguely remember that it was of a blonde fairy with a cat? It looked horrible. However, I do have my second ever digital drawing somewhere...

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
i recovered my old photobucket account! (finally) these are the earliest ones i found. the fairy one i was looking for that i think was my first isn't in there ><; both of these were made in 2008ish?

earliest digital i have:
User Image

the one after that:

User Image

so yeaaaaaaah...pretty bad. i have no idea why the first one is so pixeled DX what was i doing!? and the second i had discovered the dodge tool sooo i made glowy magic tentacles for no reason.

so thankful for my brain's capability to learn stuff so i don't make this crap any more....

Sugaruni's Fangirl

Fluffy Adventurer

First first ever! emotion_yatta
Using Photoshop. I can't handle PS very well so I'm using SAI.
I didn't improve at all in 3 years--
//bricked
User Image

Dedicated Fatcat

Sakiusa
Oh my god I remember being so proud of these when I did them like 2 years ago.
User ImageUser Image

The first one is one of my first drawings with the tablet when I got it, but I ditched the tablet for the greater portion of a year. I consider the second one to be my first serious attempt at using the tablet.

Don't worry about not being used to it yet. I didn't even really get used to my tablet until the end of last year. Just keep working at it and you'll get the hang of it.

Haha, ohmygosh its so adorable!! xD Thanks for the tip! ^w^ I think ill get the hang of it.... sooner or later... lol

Dedicated Fatcat

Lyanda

Cute? Me as a kid? Maaaybe. The art? Not so much. xD
I remember using the circle tool for the head and they made real fat heads. xDD
Nowadays, kids start drawing with digital tool ridiculously young, tho eek

Haha, thank you! Not fast enough qvq, but I'm working hard emotion_kirakira

Haha, thats so funny. Kids are starting to draw digital tool young?? First time im hearing about it, lol. But then again im not really into the art digital world much. Well your hard work is working well! :3

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
G-Tenshi
Lyanda

Cute? Me as a kid? Maaaybe. The art? Not so much. xD
I remember using the circle tool for the head and they made real fat heads. xDD
Nowadays, kids start drawing with digital tool ridiculously young, tho eek

Haha, thank you! Not fast enough qvq, but I'm working hard emotion_kirakira

Haha, thats so funny. Kids are starting to draw digital tool young?? First time im hearing about it, lol. But then again im not really into the art digital world much. Well your hard work is working well! :3

Well, not "too" young, but they're def younger than before. You see really talented artists popping up at 12-13 years old, that have been drawing for a few years already. They're being exposed to digital art earlier now.

Dedicated Fatcat

Eizoryu
My first fully digital tablet drawing was this, back in '09:
User Image

Here's a style comparison done by mouse and pen tool over pencil sketch to show the difference.

But I'd been doing digital over my traditional drawings for some time prior to acquiring a tablet. At least, on the occasional basis. Here's an example of that, from '06:
User Image

And that because I was learning Photoshop in high school, so what better way to practice than on my own art? It's why I took the class, anyway, to learn PS just enough to make it do what I wanted it to do. xD

I was one of those freaks who got the gist of using a tablet to the point of being fairly close to my traditional work in about a week or so, though. >.>;;

Whoaaa, super nicee!! Thats aweseome! Your an awesome freak! "Shes a freak! Owwww!"
Lol, ahaha, sorry.... xD;;
I can see the difference between the two pictures. I took a computer class in high school, we didnt really work with PS but I did learn some nifty stuff... that I have already forgot all about, lol... Id want to work with PS one day... but it just all seems so complicated! lol.

I was thinking of digitally drawing over my traditional but.... I just never got to it... (or in other words, in just lazy..) lol

Dedicated Fatcat

Lyanda

Well, not "too" young, but they're def younger than before. You see really talented artists popping up at 12-13 years old, that have been drawing for a few years already. They're being exposed to digital art earlier now.

Ahh! Ahhh! I see/know what you mean now. Yeah! Defiantly! They are being exposed to digital art earlier now! The world is changing!! More techonologicaogily!! lol.

Dedicated Fatcat

Beena the Mystery
DIGGING TO THE DEEP DIPS OF MY dA

1 and 2 - definitely not the first digital art i did, but pretty early since I did these when i was 12/13

1 and 2 - when i got my first tablet, these were done when i was 13/14

1 and 2 - current stuff from this year! seven years later, i am glad i do not draw the same way i did from when i was 12

Haha! They are all adorable! xD Really nice stuffs! ( OwO)/

Dedicated Fatcat

SailorVera
I don't think I have the very first file anymore, but it would've been a drawing done on oekaki with a mouse something like 15+ years ago, I think.

User Image

Here's an apple I drew after nearly a 5 year break from drawing though.

Lol whoaa, thats one intense apple. OwO

Dedicated Fatcat

XMegantronX
i recovered my old photobucket account! (finally) these are the earliest ones i found. the fairy one i was looking for that i think was my first isn't in there ><; both of these were made in 2008ish?

earliest digital i have:
User Image

the one after that:

User Image

so yeaaaaaaah...pretty bad. i have no idea why the first one is so pixeled DX what was i doing!? and the second i had discovered the dodge tool sooo i made glowy magic tentacles for no reason.

so thankful for my brain's capability to learn stuff so i don't make this crap any more....

Loll, awwh, I was kinda hoping to see the fairy with the cat!! Haha, xD But wow!
Thats some really nice stuff you had going on there!! Im pretty sure work now is even greater!! biggrin

Dedicated Fatcat

Murmurlade
First first ever! emotion_yatta
Using Photoshop. I can't handle PS very well so I'm using SAI.
I didn't improve at all in 3 years--
//bricked
User Image

Ohmygawsh, thats so cute!! Princess Bubblegum!!
Im not good with PS either... well actually I havent tried PS before yet... lol, but im sure I wouldnt be able to do anything on it.. xD;; Haha, whats one of your recent drawings???

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff