Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

You make me sick...

♥ I've been fooling around the pic. post thread for a few days now.
I find LOTS of bad artists, that receive many , maaaany praises. And then, I see people who are really talented, and only receive comments like "It's ok. You need to be better at randomthinghere"

What makes this bad artists so popular? I think it's really unfair for people who actually CAN draw. I don't believe they should call bad artists that draw like 5-year-olds to be "REALLY TALENTED!"

:l What do you guys think about this?

PD: Sorry if I am being offensive. I am just pointing out what I think.. ♥

... Because I adore you so

Invisible Gekko

8,275 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
If art looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old then people are most likely to assume the artist is new, and not wanting to hurt their feelings say nice things.

If they art looks like it's done by a more experienced artist people probably think they can take a hit or two.

or it could be the level of fan art...
            Because when it comes to art, the grand majority of people who post on sites like DA or in PP forum are noobs.

Really, don't treat it like an offence but like a fact. Like 50% of responses is "It's so much better than what I can draw!!11".
            The difference is, when a good artist recieves a response like that, they usually ignore it and discourage such comments.
            A bad artist will start to gleam and reply with "THX heart heart heart ", so naturally they're gonna get more responses, for noobs can relate to them.

There, how did you like a piece of my Totally Not Trollish logic?
tiger of snow
If art looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old then people are most likely to assume the artist is new, and not wanting to hurt their feelings say nice things.

If they art looks like it's done by a more experienced artist people probably think they can take a hit or two.

or it could be the level of fan art...

User Image

You make me sick...

♥ Oh well, yeah, that makes sense xD But I still think that's kinda annoying :l♥

I kinda agree with tiger of snow. Back when I first started drawing and I was awful, if I ever showed anyone, I was mostly looking for an "aww, that's nice dear" but now I'm better I mostly look for hard crit and suggestions. I guess when I'm commenting on the art of a beginner I subconsiously remember how I was... am I making any sense? I'm not... um... people are silly?
Zhevra
            Because when it comes to art, the grand majority of people who post on sites like DA or in PP forum are noobs.

Really, don't treat it like an offence but like a fact. Like 50% of responses is "It's so much better than what I can draw!!11".
            The difference is, when a good artist recieves a response like that, they usually ignore it and discourage such comments.
            A bad artist will start to gleam and reply with "THX heart heart heart ", so naturally they're gonna get more responses, for noobs can relate to them.

There, how did you like a piece of my Totally Not Trollish logic?

User Image

You make me sick...

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I thought too xD Also.. Since n00bs are.. well... n00bs they might find every art they find to be UBER AWESOME. It's kind of sad how people are :l ♥

Daisylegs
I kinda agree with tiger of snow. Back when I first started drawing and I was awful, if I ever showed anyone, I was mostly looking for an "aww, that's nice dear" but now I'm better I mostly look for hard crit and suggestions. I guess when I'm commenting on the art of a beginner I subconsiously remember how I was... am I making any sense? I'm not... um... people are silly?

User Image

You make me sick...

♥ I understand what you mean xD But I think good artists should receive praise and not only critiques xD Tho, critiques are awesome too. And n00bs should receive critiques too so they can stop being n00bs O: Tho, mostly they become aggressive if you point something out xD♥

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
Fan art and lies.

Anxious Repairman

11,825 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

n00b artist's attract other n00b's, those n00b's then asspat.

I really dislike the PP now that it is flooded with kid's who just whip out some lined paper and draw something in like a minute, then post it assuming they are an art prodigy. Then when you critique on how they should practice and draw on un-lined paper you get a response like "you're just jealous" "Let me see you do any better" or "You're mean (or sometimes I get flamed or see others get flamed)". I hate when good art appears in the PP and then goes unnoticed die to the lack of fanart or anime in it D:
Cyrille Laurell
User Image

You make me sick...

♥ I've been fooling around the pic. post thread for a few days now.
I find LOTS of bad artists, that receive many , maaaany praises. And then, I see people who are really talented, and only receive comments like "It's ok. You need to be better at randomthinghere"

What makes this bad artists so popular? I think it's really unfair for people who actually CAN draw. I don't believe they should call bad artists that draw like 5-year-olds to be "REALLY TALENTED!"

:l What do you guys think about this?

PD: Sorry if I am being offensive. I am just pointing out what I think.. ♥

Newfag summer? Not sure. There is a whole heck of a lot of a**-patting going on in PP, though. -Thread of beginner art- -ten newbies proclaiming it to be amazing-

I've seen way more spammers than usual, too. .__. They post like, "hi", or just quote OP, and then leave. Mods need to b& people who do that outside CB.
xXxXNeverMoreXxXx

n00b artist's attract other n00b's, those n00b's then asspat.

I really dislike the PP now that it is flooded with kid's who just whip out some lined paper and draw something in like a minute, then post it assuming they are an art prodigy. Then when you critique on how they should practice and draw on un-lined paper you get a response like "you're just jealous" "Let me see you do any better" or "You're mean (or sometimes I get flamed or see others get flamed)". I hate when good art appears in the PP and then goes unnoticed die to the lack of fanart or anime in it D:
User Image

You make me sick...

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant xD!
Or even some with anime..
Oh, or the typical, how people praise thieves, you say something about them being thieves and people attack you :/♥

Business Conventioneer

It's... popular art. Popular subject matter. People like cats and anime. A picture no matter how unskillfully drawn has endearing qualities if the subject is of something the viewer likes.

Now for skilled artists many don't want to post stuff here because of the risk it will be stolen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff