Welcome to Gaia! ::

merixthexninja
Newfag summer? Not sure. There is a whole heck of a lot of a**-patting going on in PP, though. -Thread of beginner art- -ten newbies proclaiming it to be amazing-

I've seen way more spammers than usual, too. .__. They post like, "hi", or just quote OP, and then leave. Mods need to b& people who do that outside CB.
User Image

You make me sick...

haha yeah xD♥

... Because I adore you so
xXxXNeverMoreXxXx

n00b artist's attract other n00b's, those n00b's then asspat.

I really dislike the PP now that it is flooded with kid's who just whip out some lined paper and draw something in like a minute, then post it assuming they are an art prodigy. Then when you critique on how they should practice and draw on un-lined paper you get a response like "you're just jealous" "Let me see you do any better" or "You're mean (or sometimes I get flamed or see others get flamed)". I hate when good art appears in the PP and then goes unnoticed die to the lack of fanart or anime in it D:

Yeah, i remember when the PP had more variety of good art than dA's "newest" pages any day. So many different styles and a peppering of pretty high skill and intermediate, with younger artists only posting if they actually put effort into something because they knew there were far more experienced artists on the prowl... *sigh*
I agree with what's been said already- that it's a mixture of noob + noob = asspat, not wanting to grill beginner artists who are making too many mistakes to point out anyway, and the idea that more experienced artists appreciate crit over compliment and are more apt to accept critique.
xXxXNeverMoreXxXx

n00b artist's attract other n00b's, those n00b's then asspat.

I really dislike the PP now that it is flooded with kid's who just whip out some lined paper and draw something in like a minute, then post it assuming they are an art prodigy. Then when you critique on how they should practice and draw on un-lined paper you get a response like "you're just jealous" "Let me see you do any better" or "You're mean (or sometimes I get flamed or see others get flamed)". I hate when good art appears in the PP and then goes unnoticed die to the lack of fanart or anime in it D:

Amen. I'm glad others see it as well.

Greedy Regular

Cyrille Laurell
User Image

You make me sick...

♥ I've been fooling around the pic. post thread for a few days now.
I find LOTS of bad artists, that receive many , maaaany praises. And then, I see people who are really talented, and only receive comments like "It's ok. You need to be better at randomthinghere"

What makes this bad artists so popular? I think it's really unfair for people who actually CAN draw. I don't believe they should call bad artists that draw like 5-year-olds to be "REALLY TALENTED!"

:l What do you guys think about this?

PD: Sorry if I am being offensive. I am just pointing out what I think.. ♥

... Because I adore you so

... did you get this idea because of me...?
...now when ever i get good comments ill think its people just trying to be nice...
...great... gonk

Shadowy Phantom

User Image
In addition to all the things that have been said, I think the lower skill difference is also a factor. When people (usually new/inexperienced artists themselves) follow a shitty artist, they see them as someone to look up to - but it is an actually achievable level of quality. They believe that by following their art, they can match and outgrow them. Artists with higher quality work are intimidating in this aspect, the new artist does not think they can get to that level (without hard work of course, something many/most of such artists are not willing to do).

And of course, even more commonly, looking at good art reminds us how much we need to practice, while crappy art does not or even makes us feel better. I think this is why crappy artists of cute stuff often have some intermediate-level fans.
sdfsdf I tottaly agree with you. u_u;
i think its because their art is more appealing to the eye because it is shiny or cute, or..."KAWAII"
Another thing that makes bad artists popular is when they draw all that fanart, all the other fans of whatever they're drawing fan art for can go fangirl scream or something like that.
i-it really makes me sad that all the skilled artists dont get as much attention and praise OTL
Kyousouka
User Image
In addition to all the things that have been said, I think the lower skill difference is also a factor. When people (usually new/inexperienced artists themselves) follow a shitty artist, they see them as someone to look up to - but it is an actually achievable level of quality. They believe that by following their art, they can match and outgrow them. Artists with higher quality work are intimidating in this aspect, the new artist does not think they can get to that level (without hard work of course, something many/most of such artists are not willing to do).

And of course, even more commonly, looking at good art reminds us how much we need to practice, while crappy art does not or even makes us feel better. I think this is why crappy artists of cute stuff often have some intermediate-level fans.

This, probably.

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
People are harsh on better artists because people realize they take art seriously and they're trying to give their best edvice(Which may seem rude) to improve them.
So they're actually being nice.
But as for giving praise to artists that suck it's probably because peopleknow they'll draw more with praise and the more you draw the better you get.
Basically they're encouraging people to do better and more.
But yes, a lot of people suck. Badly. I'd like to consider myself decent with room for a lot of improvement on my own style.
What everyone said PLUS

It's kinda like how you smell something nasty but you take another whiff anyways.

3,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Hmm yes I've noticed when I want to buy art the discussions, that are most dominant are the ones that I see as "bad" drawings. But i have noticed that mostly it is noobs that are buying the art and saying its "The best artwork ever" and whatnot. So in a way what someone else said on here is true "noobs call out to other noobs" or something like that. I have to respect that maybe they are trying to get better at drawing though smile
I feel the same way. I just opened an art shop, and I've barely gotten any customers. Maybe it's my prices, but what I'm finding is that even people who charge as much as I do, and have kind of.."eh" artwork, who've also just opened their shop, are getting SO many customers. I'm so confused..I think my art is cute, but not the style you would normally see. Idk, people are strange sometimes.. sweatdrop

Friendly Fatcat

6,750 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I notice the same thing. Pretty much everywhere. Especially on deviantart I see bad artists get more attention than good ones.

My only theory is that, in the cases of really good artists, I think some people get jealous of them.

5,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pretty much what others have said.

It makes me sad whenever I'd go into Deviantart and see an artist that's really good and doesn't really draw much fanart, but not many people watch her, yet I go to an artist who is really bad (in comparison) and can only draw fanart yet get tons and tons of people watching him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff