Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
semi-realism... slowly moving over to fully realistic art...
Mine to me appears to be a melting pot of influences.

Mmmmmmm...

Melting pots. 3nodding
I like to draw anime, but I also like to paint. Painting is fun!! Sometimes I paint anime, but most of the time I paint like...landscapes and stuff.

I'm so poor! Boo hoo!
I like to draw anime and or realistic backrounds I suck at real people drawing exclaim
yah i like to draw real charaters so it will look realistic and some people is better at poepl than iteams like my friends idea idea idea idea idea
I...dislike anime very much. Even if it is of beautiful quality with intense details, I can only appreciate the technical skill but not the art, because it (anime) is all alike. Sure, you can draw your characters in a novel position or action, and sure, you can modify your style so the nose is longer, the boobs are bigger, smaller, pointier, the legs are longer, the hair is weirder....But at heart, it's all built up from the same conventional strokes. Wonderful things can be created with anime, but it still bores me. I like excitement in the form of true novelty.

That said, my style is whatever I can think up that day. I tend to draw cartoony (perfect and smooth lines, nice curves, rounded edges) on the computer because it's such an accurate tool (especially with undo ^__^) and because I can. Traditional medias, however, I get very sketchy and loose, I use hatching, pointillism (really, saying that sounds so pompous, how 'bout we just go with "lots of little dots" wink , block shading...anything I can. What makes good art to me is the passion -- the style and technique used (which is influenced by mood and emotion), and NOT the subject. I could almost care less what the subject I'm presented with is, or what it's doing, as long as the art makes me feel something -- ANYTHING -- when I look at it.

ps

I don't like realism either, it is just as uninspired as anime. once again, I can appreciate the skill, but not the art.
kenykl225
yah i like to draw real charaters so it will look realistic and some people is better at poepl than iteams like my friends idea idea idea idea idea
U CANT DRAW AT ALL!!!! rofl ((i am his ex classmate))
AsylumOrange
I...dislike anime very much. Even if it is of beautiful quality with intense details, I can only appreciate the technical skill but not the art, because it (anime) is all alike. Sure, you can draw your characters in a novel position or action, and sure, you can modify your style so the nose is longer, the boobs are bigger, smaller, pointier, the legs are longer, the hair is weirder....But at heart, it's all built up from the same conventional strokes. Wonderful things can be created with anime, but it still bores me. I like excitement in the form of true novelty.

That said, my style is whatever I can think up that day. I tend to draw cartoony (perfect and smooth lines, nice curves, rounded edges) on the computer because it's such an accurate tool (especially with undo ^__^) and because I can. Traditional medias, however, I get very sketchy and loose, I use hatching, pointillism (really, saying that sounds so pompous, how 'bout we just go with "lots of little dots" wink , block shading...anything I can. What makes good art to me is the passion -- the style and technique used (which is influenced by mood and emotion), and NOT the subject. I could almost care less what the subject I'm presented with is, or what it's doing, as long as the art makes me feel something -- ANYTHING -- when I look at it.
ps
I don't like realism either, it is just as uninspired as anime. once again, I can appreciate the skill, but not the art.

hmm, i personally love anime. i don't believe it's uncreative. most anime/manga artists have their own style. i actually find anime quite inspiring. anime characters are able to do things that people cannot which i find awesome. just as u find passion in drawing "lots of little dots" i find passion in drawing anime. to me seeing anime art "makes me feel something" but drawing other things don't make me feel. but o well, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.
*raises hand*
I'm not so great with anime, actually.
Haha.
I'm decent at anthro art, and am currently working on trying to get realism/animals down.
tony danza extravaganza
miharu_hime
i draw mainly anime. i've drawn it for about 1&1/2 years. check out my deviart account (link in siggy) for some stuff.
i started off with still life when i was little, but when i discovered anime, i kind of stopped doing still life. though i'm starting still life again for my art class in school since my teacher doesn't like me drawing anime (why do teachers not like anime... grr)
Because it's not considered legitimate art.

and it's also kind of uncreative.

well then it should be considered legitimate art! if abstract can count as art, then anime sure heck should be counted as art. and also, who can actually define art?
and i disagree that it's "uncreative". there are plenty of artists out there with really unique and beautiful styles. why should anime not be appreciated? if anime is uncreative, then it means every other style of art is uncreative. like drawing still life would be "uncreative" because people draw it over and over again and they look the same. abstract art would be uncreative too since so many people are making similiar works which would make it not unique.
mew -__-;;
i like drawing realisticly.... i have a real nak for it. i'm just now starting to learn how to draw anime. i mean i've always have read mangas and such but i was never any good at drawing it. blaugh
I usually draw realistic stuff, but that's because of the class I'm taking. I couldn't draw anime if my life depended on it though.
I like drawing animals and landscape.

Emberyth's Prince

I like drawing real life people and abstract. and painting abstract too.
i draw mostly just manga
but i draw realistic animals sometimes or landscapes or nature

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas