Welcome to Gaia! ::

sir leek's Waifu

Tipsy Fatcat

i feel like my art is taking me nowhere; like im just going around in circles half the time not really knowing what the hell im doing and im getting frustrated just thinking about drawing
not to mention my wrist is bust, overused tendon/muscle or something like that

i kind of just need a new perspective on things; for me to focus more
since im planning to apply to art school in a years time...
any comments would be greatly appreciated<3

rest assured, i have used real life references for everything + studies in my sketch book which i haven't taken a picture of yet
mild gore warning

traditional art
largely unfinished; most are for school
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

digital art (this is more personal/not-serious stuff)

commission
User Image

User Image
Wow your pieces are so good. heart I'm really impressed.
You're certainly not bad. At all. I think what you're missing is simply fine tuning and a personal style.

I will mention one thing: your proportions on your hands are screwed; especially your digits and angles at which fingers can bend.

Your biggest problem appears, to me at least, is loss of motivation in the middle. The good ol' "******** it; I don't want to draw this anymore, so I'll rush to get it done" mentality. Or "******** it; it's ******** up and it's staying that way."

To remedy this, you can work on being faster about it, or learn to simplify into your own style.

Or force yourself to sit down and fix ******** everything. It just depends on how you, as a person, learns and improves. Some people can slam their face into a book until they're unconscious from the power of knowledge and others have to get hands on and try until they get it right.
you'er art is amazing!

anyway maybe you just need a break for a little while. you could also just try expirimenting with stuff, it'll help you personalize and practice. you may just need to do something you WANT to do rather then HAVE to do. Drawring because you have to draw something can get tiering and can leave a person feeling burnt out.
I'm not saying be lazy but take it a little easy and let your wrist recover. at the very least you'll feel a bit better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff