Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Browser

So i made a previous thread asking you guys what your least favorite part was and now I'm super curious abut your favorite part. I should have just combined them lolol

I've been doing a lot of sketch commissions recently and I realized how much I love to sketch both digitally and traditionally, its so fun and easy. My friend said everyone loves to sketch, but I wonder if that's everyone's favorite? Sketching competes with laying the colors down in my case. But I think the initial sketch wins my heart overall heart

What are your guys' thoughts? 3nodding

Dapper Gekko

I enjoy the sketching but my favorite part is when I start blocking in shadows. It's like a piece instantly goes from flat to some semblance of depth and you can start seeing everything come together and it feels like you're actually getting somewhere. :3

Weeamoo's Husband

Alien Sex Symbol

12,475 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Flatterer 200
love the undo button..
It allows me to completely undo what I did wrong without having to make it part of my picture..
I also love the use of straight lines and how it's so much easier.
Overall.. I'm lazy. sweatdrop

Versatile Browser

Escherichia coli
I enjoy the sketching but my favorite part is when I start blocking in shadows. It's like a piece instantly goes from flat to some semblance of depth and you can start seeing everything come together and it feels like you're actually getting somewhere. :3

Yes, the quick shading is fun~ I sometimes get frustrated with it though when I am unsure of how my light source responds to the subject. Especially with fabric xp

Versatile Browser

DeathHugz
love the undo button..
It allows me to completely undo what I did wrong without having to make it part of my picture..

Omg I completely forgot about the undo button. Yes this must be my favorite function about digital programs, although getting too used to it can be detrimental to my traditional works lolol

Weeamoo's Husband

Alien Sex Symbol

12,475 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Flatterer 200
NAUKOKO
DeathHugz
love the undo button..

Omg I completely forgot about the undo button. Yes this must be my favorite function about digital programs, although getting too used to it can be detrimental to my traditional works lolol

I've caught myself starring at a traditional piece looking for the undo button..
It's terrible to me. sweatdrop

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Posting it online! rofl

I'm one of those who hates the part I'm doing at any given time, longs for the next stage, then hates that stage once I reach it. And yet I keep doing it...

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I like coloring a lot since I can play around more than when drawing or doing lineart. It's just that usually I have a hard time getting to that point. D: I get too worked up while sketching that usually my drawings don't feel worth finishing.
Definetly coloring. I sketch on paper (graph paper, which makes it 10x more difficult to translate into graphic....) and then scan and clean up from there, then color. I love highlighting and different textures the more I learn about them and try them out.

Apocalyptic Phantom

14,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
DeathHugz
NAUKOKO
DeathHugz
love the undo button..

I've caught myself starring at a traditional piece looking for the undo button..

Hahaha!
I kept pressing invisible ctrl+z on my desk mumbling undo, undo. I laughed like crazy when I realized what I'm doing. And similar happened more than few times.

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The fact that there is every colour under the sun and then some... Plus you don't have to break the bank to have all of those colours at your disposal.

Same with the brush sizes... All in all I like how it saves me money and I can experiment.
Not having to worry about your $100 set of Copic Markers runs out of ink! D: crying

Weeamoo's Husband

Alien Sex Symbol

12,475 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Flatterer 200
solorn
DeathHugz
NAUKOKO
DeathHugz
love the undo button..

Hahaha!
I kept pressing invisible ctrl+z on my desk mumbling undo, undo. I laughed like crazy when I realized what I'm doing. And similar happened more than few times.

Haha!
I'm so glad I'm not alone in the undo struggle 4laugh
I've also caught myself trying to copy paste my art work... it's so sad haha

Weeamoo's Husband

Alien Sex Symbol

12,475 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Flatterer 200
Doc Swarley
Not having to worry about your $100 set of Copic Markers runs out of ink! D: crying

Copics heart
I feel your pain so much.. I did a full poster in just copics and ran out of 5 markers I bought a few days prior..
I love them, and hate them so much.. crying

Sacraumbra's Spouse

Dangerous Noob

14,500 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I love putting my own spin on photo editing mainly in CS5.

I pull up a photo on my laptop screen, take a photo of my laptop screen and then incorporate it into the final piece. Mixing different versions of the same photo is my favorite part of digital art I must say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff