Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
CLOSING THREAD BECAUSE I SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE GOLD THAT I THINK ARTISTS ON GAIA WOULD WANT TO SEE AS PRIZES. THANKS FOR CHECKING IT OUT THOUGH AND PLEASE PM ME IF YOU SEE A SHOP YOU THINK I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN. THANKS! :HEART:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 『stars dance』 User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seeking art of an OC. Full body + possible extras

Grand Place | 200 Mil pure gold
Second Place | User Image selling for 27M as of 5/10/14 + User Image selling for 17M as of 5/10/14
Third Place | User Image selling for 30M as of 5/10/14
Best OC + Background or Animals | User Image selling for 94M as of 5/14/14
Best Twist on the OC (see second post for details) | prize coming soon
Random Winners | Varies (see guidelines below)

Duration | open 5.10.14 close 9.10.14

Winner Guidelines
I saw a contest recently had a rubric and I thought that was fantastic! So I think I'm going to do the same. I'm a teacher anyway, so why the heck not? Scores will not be posted publicly.

✧ creativity: #/40
✧ details: #/20
✧ skills: #/20
✧ originality: #/10
✧ followed description: #/10

Hints (art that has won for me in the past, NOT of the current requested character): [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
My own art (your art should be better than mine): [x] [x] [x]

Rules
✧ If your piece is in progress and you win, you will not receive the contest prize until the finished product is provided.
✧ In progress piecese have a week after the close of the contest to turn in completed art, otherwise I choose a new winner.
✧ Follow all Gaia rules and don't enter work against the ToS.
✧ Color and shaded or shaded black and white only (no line art unless entered under "in progress" wink
✧ I'm looking for a full body, but half to 3/4 is also all right
✧ Although I love overly stylized artwork, that's not what I'm looking for in the main contest. If you'd like to enter that sort of style for the secondary, random prizes you're welcome to.
✧ Prizes are awarded when there are at least 8 entries total from 8 separate entrants. Otherwise, I will extend the deadline.
✧ Prizes may change (prizes will not be detracted. I may add more prizes based on what I have or how the Gaia economy has changed)
✧ You can enter as many times as you like! This will increase your odds of winning.
✧ I will probably add more categories for winning, so check back often. You CAN win more than once if there are more categories. At this time, that only means that you can win both the best group/background as well as one of the main three. However, in the future there may be other categories such as "Sexiest". I will PM entrants if I add categories.

Updates
5/26/14: Prizes updated (increased in value)

Links Out
None yet. Want to swap? Just post your info in the thread and I will do the same!

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
The Request
This is an OC I have had for a long time and realized I have no references of her at all!

Name: Jarian (possessed by a being called The White Tigress)
Age: Appears about 20, possessed by an ancient being hundreds of years old
Skin: Pale and peachy. She worked indoors most of her life, but she's from an area that tans very easily, so tan skin wouldn't be out of the question (or at least, rosy tanned shoulders, nose, etc.).
Body: Although her work has just gotten her into more athletic pursuits, she's not overly muscular or athletic. She spent most of her life doing harder work than most girls her age, but nothing that would make her a She-Hulk. She is, however, curvier than most, with C to D cups. The corset pinches her waist tight, giving her an hourglass figure, but not enough that it would restrict her movement.
Face: Has a tiny circular birthmark by the corner of her left eye.
Eyes: Hazel - brown, with green and sandy gold shot through. Thick eyelashes.
Hair: Belly button length. Thick, slightly wavy with a few layers, and a dark chocolate brown. THIS is a good hair reference for her. No bangs at all. This is important that a lot of people try to work around: she has no bangs, no short layers in front or anything like that.
Personality: Jarian is a strong (albeit somewhat self-conscious) individual seeking more for herself in her life. After being told she could never be with the man she loved, she found herself in a situation where she was possessed by a powerful being. While this just compounded her love life matters, she no longer cars and fully embraces the confusing new powers, working in tangent with the being to help the world. She has a very regal bearing, even if she doesn't realize it. Jarian loves hard and trusts too easily.
Other:

Clothes 1: The outfit should be done in one of the following color schemes (1) White with white fur trim, or (2) Midnight blue with black fur trim
Top: Top is a strapless corset. It is straight across the chest, no dipping for cleavage. Leather with some designs also done in embossed white up the sides. Design is up to the artist. The corset should cover all of her torso, she's not into showing off her midriff. [x] [x]
Arms: Here's where it gets complicated. Jarian, losing touch with humanity, took the spirits of two of her favorite pets and preserved them in two round jewels the size of quarters (think large marbles). They change color with the light, like dark opals. She took the jewels and inserted them into the center of her hands so they would always be close to her, so she could better protect them (and also remember how she failed them once). The thing is, she rides into battle quite a bit and can't remove the jewels. So she created heavy gauntlets. So here's how her arms are:
✧ No protection: Bare arms, jewels easily visible, vulnerable
✧ Arm bracers: Simple long white leather arm cover gloves reach from finger tips to elbow. Fur trim at elbow. Simple silver plating on the back of the fist as well as up the forearm. Twisty designs on both (for appearance).
✧ Arm gauntlets: Same forearm, but a sort of clear bubble over the back of the hands that allows her to see the jewels inside. Very clearly bolted to the plating. It's obvious this is something she wants to protect.
Legs: Simple leather. I don't know, nothing special here unless you want to add it! ^__^ Thigh high boots, same design as on corset, fur trim at tops.
Weapon: She wears a long sword strapped to her back. No particular scabbard design. Sword blade is silver, hilt is silver (refs [x] [x] ). The sword appears to be on fire with a green flame running up and down the blade.
Other: Cape (wears a cape clipped to shoulder armor, white fur trim, but not much, cape is simple white and is ankle length, may or may not have hood), Shoulder armor (just large enough to protect shoulders, design is up to you)
Animals: If you'd like to draw her with two white tigers, that would be amazing!
Scene: Any
More references: [x] [x] [x]

Clothes 2:
This is a secondary request. Civilain outfit is a bit different. Both top and bottom are made from the same material and consist of gauzey layers. The top is a one shoulder deal. The bottom is a long, layered skirt that her legs can easily move in and out of.
She goes barefoot in this outfit, or in lace up, soft sandals. Please add any jewelry or accents you like. The gems (listed above) are not necessary in this outfit.

References:
(Neither of these got the wings quite right, but I like them both all the same) [x] [x] This one just for the outfit design. More references; [x] [x]

Scene - I'd like Jarian looking up at the stars, arms up or something like that, just seeming utterly awestruck or crying at the beauty of the stars. She imagines herself flying among the stars with butterfly wings made of silvery stars. THIS is a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for.

Alternate Options
Right now, I only have one bonus category, and that is "Best Twist on the OC." I did a contest once where an artist offered me a regular picture, then she threw in her own opinion on how the character should look. I loved it! It was unique and something I never would have thought of. Want to draw my OC as something Sci-Fi or Steampunk or something else? I would love that! Just stick to the color schemes.

Sci-Fi ideas [x] [x]
Steampunk ideas [x] [x]

The Other Requests
If you don't think you can win one of the top prizes (or simply don't want to take part in the main contest), please consider a piece of my avatar (save the avatar to your PC as I tend to change my avvie monthly). I will provide prizes for all Gaians who contribute to my collection of avatar art! The prize is completely random and could be pure gold, could be an item (depending on what I have at the time). I'd especially like some avatar art of JG holding a banner for my guild (which is always in my signature at all times). The banner changes, so if I could have your permission to change the banner in the art that would be great.

Past Prizes Given Out for Avatar Art:
None yet

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
Entry Form
Please quote me and then post the following simple line:
[b]Hi JG! I have art for you! [/b][img]PASTE THE IMAGE LINK HERE[/img]

In progress Entry Form
Please quote me and then post the following simple line:
[b]Hi JG! I have in progress art for you! [/b][img]PASTE THE IMAGE LINK HERE[/img]

Art Entry Info
This thread has a lot of great info on how to win an art contest.

Entries
None yet!

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
Hmm, should I do a bump award?

Also, I'm working on adding new prizes...tektek had an error of some sort and my inventory doesn't reflect the current marketplace prices, so I'm trying to figure this out by hand =P

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
heart heart

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
heart bump heart

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
heart bump heart

Aoreena's Compadre

Dapper Grabber

13,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Good luck with your contest! heart

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
Thank you dear!

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
Hmm, maybe I should just sell the items and offer pure gold as prizes? User Image

Original Phantom

10,850 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items