And Raz did not sleep... 0.095890410958904 9.6% [ 7 ]
RAZ. WHY AREN'T YOU SLEEPING? 0.095890410958904 9.6% [ 7 ]
GO TO BED, RAZ. 0.21917808219178 21.9% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 73 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 324 325 326 > >> >>> »|

Savage Genius

"What was never started,
could never be finished."

User Image----------------------------------------------------------------------User Image

Razumi Yazura

Alright.
Sounds good.
So if you want, you could remove that one.
Ill try drawing all 3.
:3
Im actually exited.
Wish I had a tablet though.
.-.

The Ultimate Quest.
1m/800m.User Image
Last Donor:
Anon[From D.W.A.H]
Acient Katana.
Thanks so much!

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
ZuchiniMuumuu
Razumi Yazura

CONTEST ENTRY INCOMING
Username : ZuchiniMuumuu
Media: Pencil.
Character(s) drawn: Razekiel Xeyal
Submission URL: Click!
WIP or Completed?: WIP

Notes: Sorry that it took so long.. tried to upload but photobucket was being a butt.. and school internet still sucks. This entry is probably going to take a while since I'm trying this whole feedback thing, so I'm hoping it turns out to be the best one yet! So tell me honestly in which direction you'd like this picture to go.
I like what you have so far. Only feedback I can give is that the placement for his left ear seems slightly off when compared to his right ear. The directions they point towards, if that helps what I'm trying to say.

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
Fish Frenzy
It's a kind of complicated, emotional scene, so I'm pretty picky about it. sweatdrop Not sure if you'd be able to illustrate it all that well. Especially since I've not publicly posted my story anywhere. I probably should rewrite parts and post it somewhere someday. Hmm...and this brings up that it's probably not a good idea to draw something based off a specific event in the storyline.

Sorry. Just being honest. It's a scene that I personally want to draw once I have time. Especially since the image technically would require the design of the little town Sanriel and Quil had entered as well as the character designs of Elivia, Crest, and Runic Bordeaux. If one were to draw and pinpoint the very moment Sanriel is killed, Quil impales him as he is trying to tell Elivia to run away with her children. Razekiel is not seen right away since he is running in the distance.

More happens after this that explains why Razekiel grows up and lives among humans and not with the others.

A lot of spoilers, but eh. My webcomic takes place centuries after these events.

Savage Genius

"What was never started,
could never be finished."

User Image----------------------------------------------------------------------User Image

Razumi Yazura

Alright, so should I not draw it?
I understand what your saying.
Especially with my level, I would not be able to create the emotions/movement/setting.

The Ultimate Quest.
1m/800m.User Image
Last Donor:
Anon[From D.W.A.H]
Acient Katana.
Thanks so much!

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
Fish Frenzy
Yeah, I'm sorry. It would probably be a better idea to practice with more simpler ideas so you have more freedom with the drawing. Anything that reflects towards events that actually happened in the story would have to be very specific/accurate. sweatdrop

Lunch break's over, so I'll be delayed in replies.

Shapeshifter

Razumi Yazura
Haha. It's morning for me.

I don't have anything finished to show. Perhaps eventually if I had the time.

While programming knowledge is important, you actually don't need it unless you're going to specifically program games for the designers. When I was studying, we made a game in 6 months. There were three groups in the team. Artists, programmers, and designers. I was one of the designers. The lead took care of the overall base story then made characters with the artists. From there, I created the information about the characters and their personalities. I also created the UI for all of the parts of the game and designed the logo. Also did price balancing for the item upgrades, etc. It was pretty fun. Didn't need to know any programming since the programmers take care of that.

That's pretty cool. I'm currently saving my money so I can go to Germany to visit my girlfriend.

No need to be jealous. D:

I'll have to grab them when I get home. I have to head to work now. Thankfully I won't be staying there as long as I do during week days, so I won't be as tired when I head home.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Some people you can never please
You might as well just let them be...

Oh, wow, I'm so sorry, but my friends tricked me into buying Guild Wars 2, and it kind of swallowed me completely and made me forget about the rest of the world for the rest of the day. ;>.> Also, if you're ever to play a board game called Dixit, make sure you play it with people who doesn't make it a game about playing with your specific mind. I'm pretty sure they all broke my brain today. '_____'

And yes, I'd love to see some of your work whenever you have anything to show. =)

Also, that's really amazing! You actually made a game in 6 months? Now I really wish I knew people that could do all that technical stuff, cause if I could just concentrate on the design stuff then that would be brilliant. But yeah, you're just continuing to impress me. *w*

Oh, you live in different countries? Aww, then I really hope you can go visit her as soon as possible. Being apart from your lovelies is absolutely horrible, I know. ;_;

And of course I am jealous, cause I'm generally always jealous of anyone whom seemingly have an awesome girlfriend who can do art. XD

Also, as I said, take your time with the clothing thing and don't worry about me. I'll be around until the contest ends, so there's plenty of time for me to wrap my head around things and conjur up some artsies. =)

But I won't bow down,
even if the whole world thinks I'm crazy!

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
KeyJester
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Some people you can never please

Oh, wow, I'm so sorry, but my friends tricked me into buying Guild Wars 2, and it kind of swallowed me completely and made me forget about the rest of the world for the rest of the day. ;>.> Also, if you're ever to play a board game called Dixit, make sure you play it with people who doesn't make it a game about playing with your specific mind. I'm pretty sure they all broke my brain today. '_____'

And yes, I'd love to see some of your work whenever you have anything to show. =)

Also, that's really amazing! You actually made a game in 6 months? Now I really wish I knew people that could do all that technical stuff, cause if I could just concentrate on the design stuff then that would be brilliant. But yeah, you're just continuing to impress me. *w*

Oh, you live in different countries? Aww, then I really hope you can go visit her as soon as possible. Being apart from your lovelies is absolutely horrible, I know. ;_;

And of course I am jealous, cause I'm generally always jealous of anyone whom seemingly have an awesome girlfriend who can do art. XD

Also, as I said, take your time with the clothing thing and don't worry about me. I'll be around until the contest ends, so there's plenty of time for me to wrap my head around things and conjur up some artsies. =)

But I won't bow down,
No need to say sorry. I would be playing with my charr engineer or human necromancer if I had the time.

lol That would be in the distant future since I'm only one man and all that goes on in my head can equate to many universes. lmao I'm screwed. Never going to finish anything.

Well, it was an assignment when I was studying game design Now that I think about it, we went to school during our times off, so it's kind of like the overtime I'm doing now. However, I was more tired when I was studying since I also had other classes to finish assignments for.

There were three production teams. One used Unreal3. Another used the Half-Life engine. Our team made a completely custom engine our programmers created. By no means was our game pretty since we had to use very low-poly models so that the custom engine wouldn't kill itself, but eh. All three teams had their own strengths. Apparently ours was that it actually had a story pushing it through. I'm thankful that people enjoyed the dialogue and narration I wrote. Another thing that we had that the other teams didn't was that the player's armour changed based on upgrades purchased. The other teams were just platform jumping and puzzle solving. Our team kind of tried to do so many features and we slowly killed over and got pretty tired. lol

We're patient. I don't intend on giving up. I've never gone somewhere so far on my own before, but I'll do it for her.

Fine. razz I do art too, but I really need to...well...have time to finish things. Especially since I'm working on a webcomic for the characters in this contest.

Thanks. I just feel bad since I've been so busy. I was supposed to only work from 9am-5:30pm, but it went all the way to 7:30pm...man is this going to be a monster sized pay check. I finally bought a new microphone so I can work on my voice acting once I have time...time...

Raider

Razumi Yazura
ZuchiniMuumuu
Razumi Yazura

CONTEST ENTRY INCOMING
Username : ZuchiniMuumuu
Media: Pencil.
Character(s) drawn: Razekiel Xeyal
Submission URL: Click!
WIP or Completed?: WIP

Notes: Sorry that it took so long.. tried to upload but photobucket was being a butt.. and school internet still sucks. This entry is probably going to take a while since I'm trying this whole feedback thing, so I'm hoping it turns out to be the best one yet! So tell me honestly in which direction you'd like this picture to go.
I like what you have so far. Only feedback I can give is that the placement for his left ear seems slightly off when compared to his right ear. The directions they point towards, if that helps what I'm trying to say.

Oh god, I didn't even notice that! It does look really.. wonky. Thanks, time to fix and continue! wink

Shapeshifter

Razumi Yazura
No need to say sorry. I would be playing with my charr engineer or human necromancer if I had the time.

lol That would be in the distant future since I'm only one man and all that goes on in my head can equate to many universes. lmao I'm screwed. Never going to finish anything.

Well, it was an assignment when I was studying game design Now that I think about it, we went to school during our times off, so it's kind of like the overtime I'm doing now. However, I was more tired when I was studying since I also had other classes to finish assignments for.

There were three production teams. One used Unreal3. Another used the Half-Life engine. Our team made a completely custom engine our programmers created. By no means was our game pretty since we had to use very low-poly models so that the custom engine wouldn't kill itself, but eh. All three teams had their own strengths. Apparently ours was that it actually had a story pushing it through. I'm thankful that people enjoyed the dialogue and narration I wrote. Another thing that we had that the other teams didn't was that the player's armour changed based on upgrades purchased. The other teams were just platform jumping and puzzle solving. Our team kind of tried to do so many features and we slowly killed over and got pretty tired. lol

We're patient. I don't intend on giving up. I've never gone somewhere so far on my own before, but I'll do it for her.

Fine. razz I do art too, but I really need to...well...have time to finish things. Especially since I'm working on a webcomic for the characters in this contest.

Thanks. I just feel bad since I've been so busy. I was supposed to only work from 9am-5:30pm, but it went all the way to 7:30pm...man is this going to be a monster sized pay check. I finally bought a new microphone so I can work on my voice acting once I have time...time...

Oh, you play GW2 as well? Awesome. =) What I've seen so far is brilliant, and right now I'm just working on making one character of each race. X3 My main will be Sylvari Elementalist tho, but I like having the options to play other things whenever I feel like it. =)

Oh, gawd, I know all too well what you mean. I have the same problem of being one person working on a giant multiverse in my head. This is why someone needs to invent the kind of printer you connect to your brain and prints out the stuff you have in there. That would make everything so much easier. X3
But do you at least have any art to show...? I'm a big art whore. X3

Lol, it sounds like it was extremely exhausting, but also extremely fun. To see something you've helped create come to life must be absolutely amazing. =) What's it like, working on a game like that?

And good, keep at it and never give up. Love is always worth it. ^^

Time to do all the things you want to do is hard to find, especially if you've got a busy job that swallows most of your time, and your energy. It's been some years since I was last allowed to work, but I do remember the lack of time and energy it produced, and how my art and my stories suffered under it. But hey, at least a large sized paycheck is an awesome thing to get! =)
And you do voice acting as well? Wow, what don't you do?

But I won't bow down,

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
KeyJester

Oh, you play GW2 as well? Awesome. =) What I've seen so far is brilliant, and right now I'm just working on making one character of each race. X3 My main will be Sylvari Elementalist tho, but I like having the options to play other things whenever I feel like it. =)

Oh, gawd, I know all too well what you mean. I have the same problem of being one person working on a giant multiverse in my head. This is why someone needs to invent the kind of printer you connect to your brain and prints out the stuff you have in there. That would make everything so much easier. X3
But do you at least have any art to show...? I'm a big art whore. X3

Lol, it sounds like it was extremely exhausting, but also extremely fun. To see something you've helped create come to life must be absolutely amazing. =) What's it like, working on a game like that?

And good, keep at it and never give up. Love is always worth it. ^^

Time to do all the things you want to do is hard to find, especially if you've got a busy job that swallows most of your time, and your energy. It's been some years since I was last allowed to work, but I do remember the lack of time and energy it produced, and how my art and my stories suffered under it. But hey, at least a large sized paycheck is an awesome thing to get! =)
And you do voice acting as well? Wow, what don't you do?

But I won't bow down,
Same here. Pretty much, my characters in GW2 are Razekiel, Jikal, Quil, Cesium, and Atticus. Ran out of space to make more, but good enough for now. rofl I tried to make them fit their personality and class as best as possible. Only thing that is hilariously off is Atticus' voice since I chose human for him. The voice fits Jikal, but it sounds rather silly on Atticus because of how he looks.

Just to compare, Atticus on the left and Jikal on the right. I keep changing the colour of Atticus' outfit every time I play him, though.
User Image

Well, a lot of the initial refs in this art contest I've drawn. There's some stuff here, but I don't update this Tumblr much. If you want to see other stuff, here's things I did back in 2007 for school.
[x] [x] [x]
First two are low-poly of my character Gavin. Second one is a medium-poly of Razekiel. Augh. These are ugly. I haven't done 3D modeling in over a year. I should do something high-poly...

Well, it was tiring, but it was fun to be able to work on more than one aspect of the game. Just not too realistic in an actual game production setting since the group was relatively small in relation to what I'm doing now. However, I guess it would be much closer to an environment of an indie game production. Depends. There was roughly 15-20 of us in the class team.

I agree. surprised

The voice acting is just for fun. Nothing big. Basically just do fan-voices for a few characters from Homestuck. I also have developed a voice for my character Orion. Unfortunately he's the only one I have a suitable voice for. I know a few people who could do a few of the others if I did small 2D animations, though.

Shapeshifter

Razumi Yazura
Same here. Pretty much, my characters in GW2 are Razekiel, Jikal, Quil, Cesium, and Atticus. Ran out of space to make more, but good enough for now. rofl I tried to make them fit their personality and class as best as possible. Only thing that is hilariously off is Atticus' voice since I chose human for him. The voice fits Jikal, but it sounds rather silly on Atticus because of how he looks.

Just to compare, Atticus on the left and Jikal on the right. I keep changing the colour of Atticus' outfit every time I play him, though.
User Image

Well, a lot of the initial refs in this art contest I've drawn. There's some stuff here, but I don't update this Tumblr much. If you want to see other stuff, here's things I did back in 2007 for school.
[x] [x] [x]
First two are low-poly of my character Gavin. Second one is a medium-poly of Razekiel. Augh. These are ugly. I haven't done 3D modeling in over a year. I should do something high-poly...

Well, it was tiring, but it was fun to be able to work on more than one aspect of the game. Just not too realistic in an actual game production setting since the group was relatively small in relation to what I'm doing now. However, I guess it would be much closer to an environment of an indie game production. Depends. There was roughly 15-20 of us in the class team.

I agree. surprised

The voice acting is just for fun. Nothing big. Basically just do fan-voices for a few characters from Homestuck. I also have developed a voice for my character Orion. Unfortunately he's the only one I have a suitable voice for. I know a few people who could do a few of the others if I did small 2D animations, though.

I got to try out real Sake today at a Japanese restaurant. It was awesome. *w*

Haha, playing your characters is always awesome. <3 I'm playing four of mine so far - Aratri (my main, Sylvari Elementalist), KeyJester (Human Necromancer), Iihperia (Asura Engineer) and Ryniah (Norn Ranger) - and I am pondering on whom to use as my Charr and which glass to go for. =3 It's a very fun and addictive game, and I really like what I've seen so far. ^^
And, omg, Atticus looks absolutely amazing, btw. *w*

Wow, you do some nifty art, you do. I especially like the WIP one of the guy holding his face. Absolutely gorgeous, that one. <3 And yay, 3D models! I've always loved 3D modeling, though I've yet to find anyone that takes commission on it. I'd love to get all my main OC as 3D models one day. *w*

Well, yeah, I suppose a proper big game takes a bit more people than that. XD But for a school thing, that's pretty amazing. Do you see yourself working in a small company doing minor, but awesome games, or working in one of the really bigger ones that makes huge games? And which would you like the most to work on - ordinary RPGs or MMORPGs? Lol, sorry about all the questions, but it's a fascinating topic for me. =)

That sounds really nifty. I've always imagined voice acting to be pretty tough, since it's not like actual acting where you can move around and get more in to things. Is it?

But I won't bow down,

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
KeyJester

I got to try out real Sake today at a Japanese restaurant. It was awesome. *w*

Haha, playing your characters is always awesome. <3 I'm playing four of mine so far - Aratri (my main, Sylvari Elementalist), KeyJester (Human Necromancer), Iihperia (Asura Engineer) and Ryniah (Norn Ranger) - and I am pondering on whom to use as my Charr and which glass to go for. =3 It's a very fun and addictive game, and I really like what I've seen so far. ^^
And, omg, Atticus looks absolutely amazing, btw. *w*

Wow, you do some nifty art, you do. I especially like the WIP one of the guy holding his face. Absolutely gorgeous, that one. <3 And yay, 3D models! I've always loved 3D modeling, though I've yet to find anyone that takes commission on it. I'd love to get all my main OC as 3D models one day. *w*

Well, yeah, I suppose a proper big game takes a bit more people than that. XD But for a school thing, that's pretty amazing. Do you see yourself working in a small company doing minor, but awesome games, or working in one of the really bigger ones that makes huge games? And which would you like the most to work on - ordinary RPGs or MMORPGs? Lol, sorry about all the questions, but it's a fascinating topic for me. =)

That sounds really nifty. I've always imagined voice acting to be pretty tough, since it's not like actual acting where you can move around and get more in to things. Is it?

But I won't bow down,
Nice. razz

I kind of wish I could give Atticus a younger voice in the game, but I guess I'll make due for now.

That's one of my favourites drawings I've done of Jikal, but I never got to finish it. This is an older version around the time I only focused on colouring faces on everything I drew. I imagine that 3D modelling commissions would be rather expensive with how much work is put into them.

I would just settle with RPGs. MMORPGs are very expensive and tough to balance. Way more maintenance would be required to take care of them. It would need a big company to back up the funds or else the company would end up like 38 Studios. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was not supposed to be a single player game. It didn't help that they wanted to try and make an actual MMO based off Elder Scrolls soon after. Not wise when there's no money to back it up.

I don't know where I would end up in the future. Only time will tell.

Well, you need to have studied acting even if you just want to voice act. Most people will tell you that. You pretty much got to get into the character's head, so to speak. I tend to gesture a lot even when just playing around with my voice. It's not that different. Just need to focus more on the voice itself rather than relying on body movement to do the job.

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
More overtime all week. Maybe I should skip a few hours of sleep. I have so many things I want to draw...

Shapeshifter

Razumi Yazura
Nice. razz

I kind of wish I could give Atticus a younger voice in the game, but I guess I'll make due for now.

That's one of my favourites drawings I've done of Jikal, but I never got to finish it. This is an older version around the time I only focused on colouring faces on everything I drew. I imagine that 3D modelling commissions would be rather expensive with how much work is put into them.

I would just settle with RPGs. MMORPGs are very expensive and tough to balance. Way more maintenance would be required to take care of them. It would need a big company to back up the funds or else the company would end up like 38 Studios. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was not supposed to be a single player game. It didn't help that they wanted to try and make an actual MMO based off Elder Scrolls soon after. Not wise when there's no money to back it up.

I don't know where I would end up in the future. Only time will tell.

Well, you need to have studied acting even if you just want to voice act. Most people will tell you that. You pretty much got to get into the character's head, so to speak. I tend to gesture a lot even when just playing around with my voice. It's not that different. Just need to focus more on the voice itself rather than relying on body movement to do the job.

Yeah, it's a bit sad that you're stuck with one specific voice and don't have options, tho I suppose that's probably to make things easier on the developers. =P

Oh wow, that is pretty amazing! I love how you've coloured his face there, and it's a shame that you haven't finished that picture. I'm sure the finished result would turn out absolutely amazing. =3 And yeah, you're probably right, especially considering how the art prices have gone up these past years. I did once know a 3D artist that had a shop here on Gaia, and she did one of my characters, but she disappeared and I lost the artpiece she did for me. ;_;

That is true, there is a lot of work behind MMORPGs, which makes RPGs a whole lot easier to work on. And they actually have an ending, unlike MMORPGs that are more or less endless. ^^; But yeah, time will tell, and I hope you end up exactly where you want to be. =)

Oh, I see. How is it compared to roleplaying (if you've done roleplaying)? Because that I know lots about, cause roleplaying is something I've done for 15 years now, so getting into a character's head is something I find very easy to do.

And sleep is an important thing! If you skip too much of it, you will burn yourself out and get sick, and that is always a bad thing. o.o Don't forget to take proper care of yourself as well!

But I won't bow down,

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
KeyJester

Yeah, it's a bit sad that you're stuck with one specific voice and don't have options, tho I suppose that's probably to make things easier on the developers. =P

Oh wow, that is pretty amazing! I love how you've coloured his face there, and it's a shame that you haven't finished that picture. I'm sure the finished result would turn out absolutely amazing. =3 And yeah, you're probably right, especially considering how the art prices have gone up these past years. I did once know a 3D artist that had a shop here on Gaia, and she did one of my characters, but she disappeared and I lost the artpiece she did for me. ;_;

That is true, there is a lot of work behind MMORPGs, which makes RPGs a whole lot easier to work on. And they actually have an ending, unlike MMORPGs that are more or less endless. ^^; But yeah, time will tell, and I hope you end up exactly where you want to be. =)

Oh, I see. How is it compared to roleplaying (if you've done roleplaying)? Because that I know lots about, cause roleplaying is something I've done for 15 years now, so getting into a character's head is something I find very easy to do.

And sleep is an important thing! If you skip too much of it, you will burn yourself out and get sick, and that is always a bad thing. o.o Don't forget to take proper care of yourself as well!

But I won't bow down,
It would cost more since it would require more voice acting. A voice slider that alters the tone would sound dreadful. Perhaps if funds backed it up, they could add it, but it's not a priority.

Someday I'll finish. And yeah. A 3D model would need front, side, and back view refs and proper blueprints before the creation of the model itself. Also, rigging for would take up further time since the skeleton needs to be created and proper paint weighting so the posing doesn't look strange. After, it needs to be textured. Something like this would average at a payment rate of $20 an hour. More or less depending on the person's skill.

Yeah. We'll see. surprised

Do you RP with your voice? Is that what you mean? I do that all the time when I'm on Skype or livestream. It just happens.

I know...just that...I want to draw. gonk Last thing I drew was in the morning and it was a speed doodle, so it doesn't really count.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff