Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

12,140 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Medalist 100
Any news?

((Sorry to just now pop up, I'm another entrant whose been following the thread quietly.))

Loiterer

Nothing, yet. :/

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
hey don't worry bout it guys, she could be going through some real life stuff so just let it go for now im sure she'll come back eventually

Loiterer

ElegantVictiorainRose
hey don't worry bout it guys, she could be going through some real life stuff so just let it go for now im sure she'll come back eventually

Yeah, I'm hoping it's just that. It'd still be nice to know what's going on, considering she said twice that she was posting the winners and we got nothing. I've not yet done anything to report her because I assume it's a personal issue. Would still like an update, at least. sad

Dangerous Genius

12,140 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Medalist 100
Personally I think the entire thing is a little messed up. The contest started in May, promising to end in July.

Unfortunately, with the personal delay the contest has now lasted from May to now the end of September. From what information was presented, we can assume she is living with roommates, with the intention of attending college. Most people around that age have a phone, and even with lack of a computer or wifi can manage at least an update within a two month period. At least, that is my general assumption. It seems more likely than not, either she forgot-...or has placed ending this contest/ coming back to Gaia so far below her "To-Do" list that it isn't even being considered anymore.

Respectably, all of us have obided by her rules, and met her deadlines. On a black and white scale, she didnt honor the Gaia Rules for holding a contest and under any definition that exists has 'scammed' us. The only thing we can do outside of wait endlessly for a change, is report it.

I have already investigated the pros and cons of reporting- and I don't see a lot coming of it. ((Especially if there is a clock on resolving the issue- having it needing to be within 90 days and we are approching that limit very quickly))

I have reasoned that we are most likely not getting compensated, and that she isn't coming back anytime soon. Especially if it is a personal issue that has kept her away for such an extended period of time already. The only good reporting would do would seem to be dropping the issue here, and letting a mod handle it. However if she never comes online then a Mod sendng her a PM will be just as productive as most of us staying subscribed and keeping a watchful eye. I don't think having a Mod ban her for mismanaging a contest is the answer, and in my eyes falls just a few inches too short to really be considered a 'scam'.

Does it suck? Yes. Incredibley. But I don't know what else to do.

Dangerous Raider

If I missed anyone. Please send a pm. I tried to get the gold out to everyone.

(Also, no I do not have a smartphone I barely even have a dumb phone, I had to give up my smart phone back in september)

Dangerous Raider

Going through (dear god was it really that long ago> wink there weren't enough entrants to do the full three contests.

I declare ElegantVictorianRose the overall winner.

Everyone that entered got 2 bil for the ginormous delay.

I'll be online for the next few days while I stay at my friends house, after that I will not have easy access to internet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff