Welcome to Gaia! ::

le papel
themanoverthere
rainseed
themanoverthere
Im sorry but i can't believe this is a drawing. Its like just like what my ex did on PS all the time.

If this is what's going to continually happen I don't see the point of professionals posting in threads. Seriously, just because someone's able to make a living off of their art and is getting paid to go to college on it doesn't mean that they should get constantly flamed for putting their old artwork up. This so isn't worth visiting anymore. Hypocrites talk2hand
Lest me ask you this. What type of pencils did you use for this pic? What shading technique did you use? And how did you get the hear like that.

This is also why I thank its fake. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's what a pencil drawing looks like when its real. Your is to clean and the shading is to smooth. I can even see the indents of the paper.

ahem, kindly direct your attention to the 'my art' section. it's funny what people try to pass off as being of their own efforts.
what she said about being a "professional" artist is also laughable.
Your work seems good I like it good enough. Just keep at it. lol

but yea I see this all the time DA

5,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
themanoverthere
rainseed
themanoverthere
Im sorry but i can't believe this is a drawing. Its like just like what my ex did on PS all the time.

If this is what's going to continually happen I don't see the point of professionals posting in threads. Seriously, just because someone's able to make a living off of their art and is getting paid to go to college on it doesn't mean that they should get constantly flamed for putting their old artwork up. This so isn't worth visiting anymore. Hypocrites talk2hand
Lest me ask you this. What type of pencils did you use for this pic? What shading technique did you use? And how did you get the hear like that.

This is also why I thank its fake. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's what a pencil drawing looks like when its real. Your is to clean and the shading is to smooth. I can even see the indents of the paper.

Thank you for at least offering a valid argument. This piece was done digitally my senior year of high school with the typical airbrush on photoshop that you can adjust the hardness, softness, size, and opacity for. I used a wacom tablet to produce it and when I had filled up my usb with around 86 works for the AP portfolio I had to print them off to preserve them. It looks so smooth because I work with such large file sizes (which I why I often have to have a quad-core processor and can't keep all of my works in their original digital form). It honestly isn't as smooth as it seems when you get a good close up on it (which my photo of it doesn't give you); I had to print the files on glossy paper and then delete them so what you see is actually a photo of my digital work. I prefer digital over physical simply because you can have an infinity sized canvas to work on so the end result appears dramatically detailed. The hair was done by using a white airbrush on separate layers just as the rest of the image was done with grey tones. I am aware that there are millions of programs that can produce artwork from photos but by the same token their are millions of artists who can mirror reality within their works.

This is why I don't work on physical paper (can't cram enough detail in, these were from 9th grade):
User ImageUser Image

FYI pencil doesn't have to look rough if you use a burnisher. I hate the rough texture that some people use on their art and always blend mine out on my current works. I don't have them uploaded yet but you can't even identify when the value transitions with how smooth I make my physical pieces. They end up even smoother than my digital because I tend to have to compress the digital works since they take up so much space which makes them get pixilated.

While in my digital works it seems that their detailed but when you can zoom in you can see the individual brush strokes, some are more obvious than others (this was from tenth grade and one of the surviving files from my comic):
User Image

Thank god that there's someone with half a brain here, I wouldn't converse with a moron. Your knowledge of variations of style and use of mediums is rather base though. Seriously, what makes you think that pencil has to look so crappy and rough? Also, take the time to actually write in proper English; what people intend to say often ends up lost in the lack of communication.
rainseed
themanoverthere
rainseed
themanoverthere

Thank you for at least offering a valid argument. This piece was done digitally my senior year of high school with the typical airbrush on photoshop that you can adjust the hardness, softness, size, and opacity for. I used a wacom tablet to produce it and when I had filled up my usb with around 86 works for the AP portfolio I had to print them off to preserve them. It looks so smooth because I work with such large file sizes (which I why I often have to have a quad-core processor and can't keep all of my works in their original digital form). It honestly isn't as smooth as it seems when you get a good close up on it (which my photo of it doesn't give you); I had to print the files on glossy paper and then delete them so what you see is actually a photo of my digital work. I prefer digital over physical simply because you can have an infinity sized canvas to work on so the end result appears dramatically detailed. The hair was done by using a white airbrush on separate layers just as the rest of the image was done with grey tones. I am aware that there are millions of programs that can produce artwork from photos but by the same token their are millions of artists who can mirror reality within their works.

This is why I don't work on physical paper (can't cram enough detail in, these were from 9th grade):
User ImageUser Image

FYI pencil doesn't have to look rough if you use a burnisher. I hate the rough texture that some people use on their art and always blend mine out on my current works. I don't have them uploaded yet but you can't even identify when the value transitions with how smooth I make my physical pieces. They end up even smoother than my digital because I tend to have to compress the digital works since they take up so much space which makes them get pixilated.

While in my digital works it seems that their detailed but when you can zoom in you can see the individual brush strokes, some are more obvious than others (this was from tenth grade and one of the surviving files from my comic):
User Image

Thank god that there's someone with half a brain here, I wouldn't converse with a moron. Your knowledge of variations of style and use of mediums is rather base though. Seriously, what makes you think that pencil has to look so crappy and rough? Also, take the time to actually write in proper English; what people intend to say often ends up lost in the lack of communication.

Ok That makes a bet sense. I can tell the paper done stuff easy. I thought you were trying to pass this off a a pencil drawing. I have seen work like the last one done with and air brush and some damn good maker work, but that's it other then on a computer. You seem to have more skill with PS.
rainseed
themanoverthere

ahem, kindly direct your attention to the 'my art' section. it's funny what people try to pass off as being of their own efforts.
Your work seems good I like it good enough. Just keep at it. lol

but yea I see this all the time DA

You honestly have nothing better to do than be a rude p***k do you? I only put my anime works up as they're commissions (and they were all old) why the hell would I want to put up boring still life studies? All of those were freebies and I didn't want to put much effort into them because of that. I don't have time to work on my manga since I attend school, work, and care for my siblings. Seriously, do you have to pick on people? What the hell's wrong with you?! I don't submit my current art on anything because it takes so long to load; to top that if I had to submit everyone of my pieces I wouldn't have any time left in the day as 5 out of my 7 courses are art classes. All I wanted to do was contribute on of my old works to this post because I saw merit in the talent and efforts of all those involved. It was nice to be able to aid fellow artists as how even in college I excel over the seniors. I'm a freshman in college who's already taking the senior courses her second semester due to my 21k scholarship for christ sakes! I don't see why I even bother with you anymore as you have been nothing but plain derogatory and rude! I don't have time to update anything and I'm most certainly not going to for the likes of you, I hope you got your twisted fix out of this jerk.Calm down there.

5,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
le papel
kindly direct your attention to the 'my art' section. it's funny what people try to pass off as being of their own efforts.

Next time actually research instead of making false accusations, all I have updated was from highschool and I have not had time to put any of my professional work on the web. If you had actually done your homework instead you would have realized that those were freebie commissions that I had done for some users in my art thread (which has been closed for god knows how long): rainseed's art boutique. My deviant art hasn't been updated recently and all that I put on my gaia was anime related because that's all that is relevant towards gaia. My Deviant Art I don't have time to upload my professional works and all that I've had time for in my art class was the assignments which are boring still lifes. Why would I even want to put that online?

5,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
Bottled Poe
My current DA ID.

So freaking cute!!!!
MadelnAmerica
me : D
User Image

So stylized!!! heart
Coelit
Uhh I don't know if these count but yeah.
User Image

User Image

By the way I did NOT do these, they have were made by some nice guy on FA.

And so amazing!!! XD
my amazing artwork!
...i only wanted to join in sweatdrop

Interesting Fatcat

Lol, I guess time to make one then.

Interesting Fatcat

Ohmahgawd

It looks.. nevermind.. :/
themanoverthere

I have no intentions of jumping into this argument/discussion by any means, but I would like to point out that this drawing looks "rough" because of the texture of the paper it was drawn on. It is actually very easy to draw on smooth paper and use blending tools (even if it's just your finger) to get that smooth appearance. Most of my drawings have ridiculously smooth shading. My figure drawing professor likes to scold me whenever I blend when we're using rough paper, because I always blend everything until you can't see the texture of the paper in the drawing. >__>

Questing: Infinite World
422,000 / 1,270,000
Stare at People
themanoverthere

I have no intentions of jumping into this argument/discussion by any means, but I would like to point out that this drawing looks "rough" because of the texture of the paper it was drawn on. It is actually very easy to draw on smooth paper and use blending tools (even if it's just your finger) to get that smooth appearance. Most of my drawings have ridiculously smooth shading. My figure drawing professor likes to scold me whenever I blend when we're using rough paper, because I always blend everything until you can't see the texture of the paper in the drawing. >__>

422,000 / 1,270,000
Do you really think she did it in pencil? Its was done on a program with a with one of the pads you can draw on with a stiles. She and i have already talked about it off here.
themanoverthere
Do you really think she did it in pencil? Its was done on a program with a with one of the pads you can draw on with a stiles. She and i have already talked about it off here.

I am entirely aware, and my post had nothing to do with her drawings or anything she said. I was simply explaining to you that pencil drawings do not have to be "rough." It was strictly educational.

422,000 / 1,270,000
Stare at People
themanoverthere

I am entirely aware, and my post had nothing to do with her drawings or anything she said. I was simply explaining to you that pencil drawings do not have to be "rough." It was strictly educational.

422,000 / 1,270,000
ooo got you. Yea this is true but my big thing was the hear. I'v never seen hear like that done with pencil.

Friendly Citizen

22,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
binkari
k|aka|ou
now, are u going to sticky my thread my precious sticky lil bumble bee???

Call me that again and me being a mod would be the least of your worries. domokun

Neko ears just for you.

Lol. That's what she said.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas