Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like the title says, concept sketch.

I'd really appreciate draw-overs and heavy crits, mostly on his lower body, annnd.. maybe her dress. Iunno. I might change it later completely to something different.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/Servossi/alaenkaelwip.jpg

Update:
I changes a few things, redid her dress a bit, shortened his legs + made his feet smaller, added her other arm (LOL oops) and shortened her arm and gave her a hand. rofl

I'm in the process of completely redrawing his pants and boots, but I want crits on everything else--except her hair. It's going to be white, so I'm not going to really have any lines for it.
Edit: His legs and feet are still big. x.x; I fixed, will update soonish.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/Servossi/alaenkaelwip2.jpg

Update:
Shortened her torso, actually added her arm this time (x_X wink Shorten his legs (again) and redid his pants and boots, uhhh.. changed his tunic a bit.. I think that's it for this update
Things I caught as I was posting:
Need to fix his left (viewer's) arm. It's short.
I swear his tunic/armor will make loads more sense when colored.
Edit: BG ideas would be nice as well! It's supposed to be a very somber moment, he's staring down at her in disbelief like he's waiting for her to suddenly wake up. She'll be all bloody and stuff. *nodnod* She was killed by a warlord, she sacrificed herself to save him. I'll have a better write up on the story behind it with the finished version.
User Image
I'm horrible at crit so all I can say is keep up the good work
um cant find anything terribly wrong with his lower body or her dress. it just needs a cleaner outline (the dress) and more fold lines than none 8/

gotta say i like that you've drawn those hard face angles really well 3nodding
NICE

Clothings looking a little flat.
+++Amour-Fonce+++
NICE

Clothings looking a little flat.
xD That's 'cause it is extremely so. I hadn't really started adding any detail. I was lookin' it going "There's something wrong.."

xD Gotta love how I sketch in like.. nine different colors.
It's not too bad so far. As far as things to fix: his legs seem quite long, longer than they should be, and his feet are pretty huge. I mean, compare them to the size of his head, for example. :3

With her, her clothing seems quite stiff, especially her sleeve. If it's just hanging there it should be off to the side like that, it should hand more directly up and down.

In addition, her body looks off. If she's hanging limp like that, there should be more dramatic extremes to her posture: her head should be hanging much further back, her chest should be thrust forward, her pelvis should be thrust back. Keep in mind the fact that she's essentially hanging from two hooks (his hands), she's not just lying on a flat surface, so she should sag between them.

Hope that helps.
rajrr
It's not too bad so far. As far as things to fix: his legs seem quite long, longer than they should be, and his feet are pretty huge. I mean, compare them to the size of his head, for example. :3

With her, her clothing seems quite stiff, especially her sleeve. If it's just hanging there it should be off to the side like that, it should hand more directly up and down.

In addition, her body looks off. If she's hanging limp like that, there should be more dramatic extremes to her posture: her head should be hanging much further back, her chest should be thrust forward, her pelvis should be thrust back. Keep in mind the fact that she's essentially hanging from two hooks (his hands), she's not just lying on a flat surface, so she should sag between them.

Hope that helps.
Yes it does, thank you!
Lovely Anatomy~!
<3
It is a really cool pose!
<3
Great Improvement for the basic sketch to the new lineart!
looks alright, but that guy's legs are a bit too long. Out of proportion.
Sorry, this is incredibly sloppy. I think the major problems are the legs and feet. They seem to be lacking in a bit of shape.

User Image
Hmm.. Well the shape of the legs and feet won't matter much since I just redrew them. xD I want his feet planted more solidly than you suggest in your draw-over.

Hmm. You altered the way she was positioned in his arms. *Will consider*
Even as such, the feet seem a bit to square, even if they're in boots. You should try finding some good boot references to work off of.
I changed the way she's positioned in his arms just because she looks somewhat on her side the way you drew her, and it seems like this would most likely be the way she'd be laying in someone's arms than the other way.
Oh no, I completely redrew his boots--I'll update in a few. They're not square anymore, I promise. xD

Well, I worked from a ref, and her upper body is twisted a little, but not completely, but she wasn't lying flat. I'm redoing her torso a bit, and she's looking less twisty now, but I want her head tipped towards the viewer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff