Welcome to Gaia! ::

Actually changed my mind, gonna keep it closed until the commissions I need to do are done, then Imma switch things up again

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

smart e we <3
Might also switch back to art shops, we'll see how motivated I am feeling.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

Ooohhh! * w*

Wherever you go

i will be there to stalk you

heart
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
Ooohhh! * w*

Wherever you go

heart

*_*
User Image

....I really just want to have a shop named luXXXe because I have the maturity of a a 13 year old boy.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

ThanatosRising
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
Ooohhh! * w*

Wherever you go

heart

*_*
User Image

....I really just want to have a shop named luXXXe because I have the maturity of a a 13 year old boy.
SO ROMANCE heart

LOLomfg.
best kind of maturity tbh
= w=

Sweetheart

37,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
lool closed? xD
but I suppose that's okayy, gotta catch up on those commissions! XD

loooooooooooooool is that Yolei and Mimi? rofl pretty sure I remember watching something liek that....XD then again, I rewatched Digimon Adventures 02 several times sooooooo..xD
­­­­­­­­­
Hotarla
lool closed? xD

loooooooooooooool is that Yolei and Mimi? rofl pretty sure I remember watching something liek that....XD then again, I rewatched Digimon Adventures 02 several times sooooooo..xD
­­­­­­­­­

It is. I think it's parodying Utena, to boot which is a weird thing to reference considering the target audience.

Sweetheart

37,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
ThanatosRising
Hotarla
lool closed? xD

­­­­­­­­­

It is. I think it's parodying Utena, to boot which is a weird thing to reference considering the target audience.

LOOOOOOL target audience for Utena or for Digimon? rofl
Utena was for older audiences right? I only remember the manga, the two main females were kinda "together" because of the whole knight and princess thing right?
­­­­­­­­­
Hotarla

Utena was for older audiences right? I only remember the manga, the two main females were kinda "together" because of the whole knight and princess thing right?
­­­­­­­­­

Either or?

They were basically in lebsians with each other, plus there was all kinds of incest and abusive relationships, plus it was pure shoujo.

Meanwhile, Digimon is for... 10 year olds? Action adventure aimed aimed at children to sell toys/games.

Sweetheart

37,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
ThanatosRising
Hotarla

­­­­­­­­­

Either or?

They were basically in lebsians with each other, plus there was all kinds of incest and abusive relationships, plus it was pure shoujo.

Meanwhile, Digimon is for... 10 year olds? Action adventure aimed aimed at children to sell toys/games.

I remember the lesbianism but that's about it...xD how is it that I don't recall the rest of that stuff? rofl pretty sure I read the entire manga series loool!

loool well I guess only people who are familiar with both series would recognize it for what it is...xD;; can't expect 10 year olds who watch Digimon to also have watched or read Utena...xD;;
­­­­­­­­­

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Magical Girl 50
ThanatosRising

Either or?

Except I'd wager anyone who has seen the original is generally about at least 25 (26?) by now by that same logic, and they're actually bringing back Tai and the original cast for a third sequel, ergo, a shout out to original fans. Which means, incidentally, anyone who watched the original digimon-or even understands this shout out, would be in the same general audience age group.

I've seen utena, about 5 years after I watched the original digimon. o,o
Huh..Is that weird? xD...I think most people who like anime in general tend to be exposed to weird/messed up stuff at early ages.
Kiyri

Except I'd wager anyone who has seen the original is generally about at least 25 (26?) by now by that same logic, and they're actually bringing back Tai and the original cast for a third sequel, ergo, a shout out to original fans. Which means, incidentally, anyone who watched the original digimon-or even understands this shout out, would be in the same general audience age group.

I've seen utena, about 5 years after I watched the original digimon. o,o

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the target audiences for Digimon and Utena back when 02 first aired or how it makes the Utena reference any less out of left field.

Hotarla
I remember the lesbianism but that's about it...xD how is it that I don't recall the rest of that stuff? pretty sure I read the entire manga series loool!

loool well I guess only people who are familiar with both series would recognize it for what it is...xD;; can't expect 10 year olds who watch Digimon to also have watched or read Utena...xD;;­­­­­­­­­

Anthy was totally ******** her brother, and there was some pretty suspicious attachment between Miki and his sister.

XD I hope they haven't anyway!

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Magical Girl 50
ThanatosRising

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with the target audiences for Digimon and Utena back when 02 first aired or how it makes the Utena reference any less out of left field.

Would it be racist to say because the japanese made it?
'Cause I don't think little children read books about cthulu either, and they did a parody of that, in both an episode and in digimon form.

ninja ~Amazon totally lists "Things like this" for Utena Collection volume one at 10-12 and 7-9 years. I think the actual movie in english was pg13, but, I'm pretty sure they have different standards over in Japan. I mean, just look at their commercials and all that happens in anime. "In Japan, Utena was originally a "shoujo" series, intended for young girls"

-Digimon has missiles and bombs up the arse, which arguably is uber bad for 10 yrolds, esp after 9/11. Granted they don't have a lot of deaths aside from poor wizardmon and some specific ones. I'm honestly surprised digimon wasn't censored after 9/11, but, then again I don't even remember where it was season wise when that happened.
Kiyri
Would it be racist to say because the japanese made it?
'Cause I don't think little children read books about cthulu either, and they did a parody of that, in both an episode and in digimon form.

ninja ~Amazon totally lists "Things like this" for Utena Collection volume one at 10-12 and 7-9 years. I think the actual movie in english was pg13, but, I'm pretty sure they have different standards over in Japan. I mean, just look at their commercials and all that happens in anime. "In Japan, Utena was originally a "shoujo" series, intended for young girls"

-Digimon has missiles and bombs up the arse, which arguably is uber bad for 10 yrolds, esp after 9/11. Granted they don't have a lot of deaths aside from poor wizardmon and some specific ones. I'm honestly surprised digimon wasn't censored after 9/11, but, then again I don't even remember where it was season wise when that happened.

Utena manga was in Ciao which puts it's age rating between 9-15 even in Japan. Never as low as 7-9. Plus, Utena was aimed almost entirely at girls and was expected to be a huge financial risk by the director, while Digimon had a much larger appeal, leaning more toward shonen, and was pretty much made to sell toys, games, etc.

But my point is less about the age appropriateness and more about how 90% of the audience probably wouldn't get the reference and were probably like "Why the ******** did Mimi and Miyako suddenly grown out their hair and change art styles and clothing?"

Also, you bring up the Cthulu thing as if that wasn't also completely ******** weird and totally out of nowhere (and even weirder in the Japanese version where the monster wanted to mate with Hikari).

Aaand I think 02 finished airing in America in May 2001 so it managed to dodge that bullet by a few months.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff