Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Anyone else here do that?

I feel weird announcing this. I wanted to do it and finally have. I have a feeling people are going to really dislike my avi, probably comments like BEEN DONE A MILLION TIMES, YOU SUCK. NEVER ENTER AGAIN.

lol. I don't know. I think I did a good job with what I could, not everyone in Gaia world is rich and can buy the most perfectest items for like 12,000,000 each. Like seriously, what is wrong with the price of items these days? O_O

Anywho. What about Avatars you've seen in the past/were your favorites? I remember seeing a beautiful Snow White one in the past. Do you enjoy cosplay avatars or original avatars more?

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Anyway, this is my attempt to socialize in the Avatar forums. Meh.

Skilled Knight

Alchemist_Lynn

the arena is a tough place I mean thats why its a competition. It does take money to make things accurate. and all honesty prices have plummeted a lot in the last few months except for the few major items that arent actually good for cosplays anyways.
but its worth putting the money in to make something fantastic you can be truly proud of

When something is overdone that just means you have to put more work into it then other have in the past.

so you have to be accurate and maybe actually portray a scene with a background
price of items are stupid now a days.

the arena is a hard place. ive been turn apart in the arena in avatars i really liked.

Dedicated Hunter

I have never entered the arena or really payed much attention to it till now. I'm looking for ideas for my next dream avi and though it would be a good place browse, but the price of the items people are wearing really makes it difficult.

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Disney Sora
Alchemist_Lynn

the arena is a tough place I mean thats why its a competition. It does take money to make things accurate. and all honesty prices have plummeted a lot in the last few months except for the few major items that arent actually good for cosplays anyways.
but its worth putting the money in to make something fantastic you can be truly proud of

When something is overdone that just means you have to put more work into it then other have in the past.

I find background items look good for some avis, but I don't like them, it's like putting my avi in a box. :/ I've been online forever, I get all the gold it takes to get a good avi. I am proud of me avi, I've been told people like it, and some not so nice comments. It's cool. I'm critical on people too, because I don't like to see something I like done poorly either. I can actually appreciate the effort some people make to accomplish what they've done. Some people are way too serious. like, it's all a game people, get over it. I wanna try my best, but like, some of the standards/people are enough to turn me off of some things. This is why I don't post in forums much either, a lot of people just look for a fight instead of just talking about different views.

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Disney Sora
Alchemist_Lynn

Oh yeah. On another note, I feel like I should add, I didn't make my avi for the purpose of entering the Avatar Arena. :/ I decided to do it later on. So I guess if no one else is satisfied with it I am. I was just dressing up for Halloween. There have been some pretty nice people I met though. Sorry if my last post sounded like I was taking my frustrations out on you XD.

aBADcold's Waifu

Sweet Lunatic

37,575 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
l rose l

the arena is a hard place. ive been turn apart in the arena in avatars i really liked.

^
it's kinda depressing esp when it's ones I really really worked hard to get done.
D: You must send me a link everytime you enter. I'll show those downvoters >:O

High-functioning Unicorn

Alchemist_Lynn
Anyone else here do that?

I feel weird announcing this. I wanted to do it and finally have. I have a feeling people are going to really dislike my avi, probably comments like BEEN DONE A MILLION TIMES, YOU SUCK. NEVER ENTER AGAIN.

lol. I don't know. I think I did a good job with what I could, not everyone in Gaia world is rich and can buy the most perfectest items for like 12,000,000 each. Like seriously, what is wrong with the price of items these days?

I always feel the same way... Every time I submit an avatar to the arena, I feel that no one likes my entry. I always feel that I was underrated sweatdrop

And yeah,, the price of the quality items usually just make you want to scream scream But I always think it as a challenge on how to make a decently good avatar with limited budget. Well,, for me, decently good avatar is not arena winning avatar, but it's already good enough to get rated 7/10 and above from the AT regulars....I always feel that they are hard to please sweatdrop
moonlite dreamer
l rose l

^
it's kinda depressing esp when it's ones I really really worked hard to get done.
D: You must send me a link everytime you enter. I'll show those downvoters >:O

lol i deleted them cuz they pissed me off......... sweatdrop

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
yaki_terri
I always feel the same way... Every time I submit an avatar to the arena, I feel that no one likes my entry. I always feel that I was underrated sweatdrop

And yeah,, the price of the quality items usually just make you want to scream scream But I always think it as a challenge on how to make a decently good avatar with limited budget. Well,, for me, decently good avatar is not arena winning avatar, but it's already good enough to get rated 7/10 and above from the AT regulars....I always feel that they are hard to please sweatdrop

Yeah, my stint in the arena is definitely done after this sweatdrop . I just am kind of frustrated with the whole thing, some people get way too serious about it, like it it's life changing or something. I just did it, because I liked my avi, not because I thought I was going to win, :/. I'm right down the line right now, 1/2 like, 1/2 hate. That's cool with me. But, yeah this avi cost more than I wish it did, and it's not even the way I wanted it stare . I only have gold from my time on Gaia, I've never bought anything with actual money, which I think is challenging ><' ...kind of annoying but hey.

On a good note, a couple of people were nice and gave me some suggestions on how to make my avi better. But I'm a chronic avi changer and I'm itchy to just change the whole thing! >x<. Must wait until after Halloween. Besides I never know what to do with my avatar.

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
yaki_terri

p.s. you deserve a 5/5. emotion_bigheart

Chital's Husband

Noob

Firstly, good luck! biggrin

I don't announce my entries at all because I really don't care what people think.
You can always turn comments off 3nodding oh and I gave you a 5. (:

I prefer original avatars because I don't watch anime/cartoon so meh with the cosplay entries.
I don't really have a favorite because there's so many new favorites coming every week. razz

High-functioning Unicorn

Alchemist_Lynn

Yeah, my stint in the arena is definitely done after this sweatdrop . I just am kind of frustrated with the whole thing, some people get way too serious about it, like it it's life changing or something. I just did it, because I liked my avi, not because I thought I was going to win, :/. I'm right down the line right now, 1/2 like, 1/2 hate. That's cool with me. But, yeah this avi cost more than I wish it did, and it's not even the way I wanted it stare . I only have gold from my time on Gaia, I've never bought anything with actual money, which I think is challenging ><' ...kind of annoying but hey.

On a good note, a couple of people were nice and gave me some suggestions on how to make my avi better. But I'm a chronic avi changer and I'm itchy to just change the whole thing! >x<. Must wait until after Halloween. Besides I never know what to do with my avatar.

Yes,, some people tend to take things to seriously... but,, I kinda know how they feel...
for me, I enter the arena because I want to win... It's like one of the thing that I want to accomplish before I leave Gaia. You may call it "GaiaOnline Bucket List" blaugh I know it's weird,, but I'm actually the type of person who want to accomplish something on everything that I do sweatdrop

I know how's that feel.. wanting to change your avatar every single time,, but you never really feel satisfied~

Anyway thanks for the rate biggrin

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
NETGEAR
Firstly, good luck! biggrin

I don't announce my entries at all because I really don't care what people think.
You can always turn comments off 3nodding oh and I gave you a 5. (:

I prefer original avatars because I don't watch anime/cartoon so meh with the cosplay entries.
I don't really have a favorite because there's so many new favorites coming every week. razz

Thank you, I appreciate it! heart
I think people who do original avatars get rated more fairly, and I think I like the original avatars better (even though I do read like, WAY too much manga... actually I read too many books in general). I have a hard time coming up with what to put on my avi because I'm a chronic outfit changer!
I never really go to the avatar arenas, I used to when I joined in '05 but this is the first time I've looked at them in atleast five years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff