Groups and Picks have been updated!

Alien Invader

there's some really nice group entries this week
and some of your picks i must find O_O

some sweet entries this week~

In a relationship with Magica

Shirtless Fatcat

Honored to have a spotlight ^^

The more I look at this plain the more I feel like the background and stuff actually detracts from it. Do you think it would have been a better idea to forget giving it characterization and and just enter it the way it is now without all the distracting green of the forest setting?

Witty Nymph

Artificial Shadows

The more I look at this plain the more I feel like the background and stuff actually detracts from it. Do you think it would have been a better idea to forget giving it characterization and and just enter it the way it is now without all the distracting green of the forest setting?

I saw yours while I was browsing and felt the same way; the avatar is SO COOL but it doesn't really make sense with the forest, visually. rofl

I think a background with it isn't necessarily bad, but you'd need something that complements the colors and the feel of it a bit more.

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Artificial Shadows

I think it could be good either way. If you want to focus on the avatar then taking out the background would work. If you want to portray a story or a scene, then the background helps in that sense. It all depends on what you're trying to say.

Shirtless Fatcat

I had sort of a story in my head for it. The contrast was supposed to be there to kinda represent the fact that the royalty was out of it's element. But I guess that doesn't really cross over to anyone other than the one thinking it XD;

I might re-enter next week without the background and horse and see how that goes.

To be honest I'm not too frequent of an arena entrant and the way the winners circles tend to look lately it seems like you HAVE to use a background and give some characterization to your avatars to stand out and have any chance these days. I'm not really a fan of backgrounds at all, arenas or not. ^^;

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Artificial Shadows
I had sort of a story in my head for it. The contrast was supposed to be there to kinda represent the fact that the royalty was out of it's element. But I guess that doesn't really cross over to anyone other than the one thinking it XD;

I might re-enter next week without the background and horse and see how that goes.

To be honest I'm not too frequent of an arena entrant and the way the winners circles tend to look lately it seems like you HAVE to use a background and give some characterization to your avatars to stand out and have any chance these days. I'm not really a fan of backgrounds at all, arenas or not. ^^;

I got that, it's part of the reason why I put it into my picks. I feel like people would underestimate him in battle but he actually kicks some major a**. That is what I see when I look at your entry.

I think if you enter without the background you'll do just fine. Most people who do backgrounds have fairly simple avatars so having the back drop adds that extra pizzazz. As long as your avatar has character with detail, layering and the like, you don't necessarily need a background.

Shirtless Fatcat

Naramaru
I got that, it's part of the reason why I put it into my picks. I feel like people would underestimate him in battle but he actually kicks some major a**. That is what I see when I look at your entry.

I think if you enter without the background you'll do just fine. Most people who do backgrounds have fairly simple avatars so having the back drop adds that extra pizzazz. As long as your avatar has character with detail, layering and the like, you don't necessarily need a background.

Hmm, well thank you ^^;
I didn't think that came across well.

I should start hanging around here more often. Everyone in this forum seems so nice.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
thanks again for the pick (it is still being slaughtered), but here's to hoping the others win

Witty Nymph

OHMIGOSH jigglypuff. ;~;

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Thanks for the spotlight this week!

Skilled Knight

glad you like my numbah 1! thank you

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kuyusi

User Image
Initial Thoughts: Very cute! Defintely makes me think of an eccentric faery fashion designer. Wouldn't mind wearing her designs myself!
Strengths: Loving the mix of colors, they compliment each other well. Also impressive layering with both the avatar and the background.
Weaknesses: None that I can see.
Possible Improvements: This is just personal taste, but just the eyes bother me. There are some that I feel are 'newb/noobosh' and those eyes are one of them. Not a necessary change but something I thought I'd mention.
Final Thoughts: I'm glad there was a few of us in the top ten, though I think if I had my way you would have been first place.

Denham

User Image
Initial Thoughts: He makes me think of Jaraxle from Legend of Drizzt, with all his trinkets and flamboyant dressing. Believe me, that's a good thing!
Strengths: There are a lot of colors but they all go very well together. The layering here is very impressive as well.
Weaknesses: Can't really say there are any weaknesses.
Possible Improvements: None really.
Final Thoughts: You've done an excellent job, as usual and I would have loved to see you in at least the top three!

Witty Nymph

Naramaru

Thank you much Nara! <333

Looking back on it, I could have possibly done some more "wild" eyes; I picked those mostly for matching and cuteness. rofl

Shameless Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kuyusi
Naramaru

Thank you much Nara! <333

Looking back on it, I could have possibly done some more "wild" eyes; I picked those mostly for matching and cuteness. rofl

No problem ^.^

The eyes are fine, they go well. Like I said, I think it's more of a personal thing lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff