Welcome to Gaia! ::

Personally, when i read Furuba the manga, i really didn't like it at all. but when i saw the anime, it suddenly became one of my favorite animes. There's just something appealing about anime. and you dont have to think real hard when watching it sweatdrop with manga, your brain has to fill in the gaps between panels, so sometimes i get confused. with anime, that can't happen ^^;;
See - and i think Fruits Basket is WAY better in manga form - i mean, i just read volume 10, and may i say... it's WAY more satisfying! Dear gawd, the anime PALES in comparison. You get SO much more from the manga. And did anyone mention Gravitation? The manga is incredable! it totally rocks! it's really really great, and towards the end of the serise the art style is INCREDABLY gourgious. The anime is NOTHING while the manga is EVERYTHING. i mean... if you like the anime, the manga's gonna make you DIE! (in a good way ^__^) Plus, in more recent events - I saw the first episode of Negima and just about killed myself. I didn't even finish it. I love the manga - if for no other reason the it's drawn by Ken Akamatsu and he's one of the greatest manga artists EVER! and then... they go and make a SUPER UBER crappily animated serise based on it? PLEASE! How cruel! nar nar nar... (oh yeah ^^ and Tokyo Babylon = heart )
Loveless icon hehehe.... but I like the manga cause it's more in depth (and it's still going on) but I love the anime too (only 12 episodes crying )
Tsubasa WAY better as a manga cause the anime is to ehhh simple but I still watch it
Fruits basket is a no brainer. It ended at volume 6. And I heard there were like 22 volumes
Fruits Basket, Sailormoon (equally good but I liked the manga much better), Love Hina (because I don't like the art or the voices in english version of the anime) and....Can't remember the rest ^^;
Most of the time I can totally agree with the fact that Manga's are much better. But sometimes the animes can match them pretty well. How rare that is though.

Obsessive Poster

8,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
manga is so much better than anime,but anime on tv is much cheeper than buying a 10.00$ book.story wise,manga makes more sence and you cant get spoillers for it like anime,so it keeps you wanting more.
Dafthank
I recently re-read and re-watched all of Chobits recently, and I came to the conclusion that the manga tells a better overall and more entertaining story than the anime.

Are there any other Mangas out there that are better than their anime counterparts?

P.S. I would say the same thing for GTO as well.

I supose I would have to agree with you on the chobbits and Angel Sanctuary is the same!
any others?
I'd have to say the Tokyo Mew Mew manga is soooooooooo much better than the anime I mean they totally screwed it up!!
Tokyo Babylon, Hellsing, and a slew of others. I'm biased because I prefer usually manga over anime in general.
i think fruits basket is better in manga for reason unknown.
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne manga is better than the anime

Shirtless Man-Lover

8,800 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Fruits Basket and DN Angel. sweatdrop
Fruits basket, DNAngel, YuYuHakasho, Pokemon( OMG the manga is so much better), Yu Gi Oh, Tokyo Mew Mew, and a whole bunch of others. It depends, though, some animes are better than the mangas.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff