Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

Kitsune Kululu's Husband

Lucky Risk-Taker

I thought Blue Exorcist was a great anime, wish there was more episodes.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
komache
I thought Blue Exorcist was a great anime, wish there was more episodes.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.with how far it strayed from the manga in it's gecko ending arc we're not likely to get more episodes unless once the manga gets closer to the end they decide to reboot the anime, like what happened with FullMetal Alchemist.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
thought I'd let you guys know I have some Amaimon fanart in the works. one of the thread regs here at least probably knows about it (since they requested it on tumblr when I said I was looking for requests/suggestions for stuff to try while getting use to my new tablet), but I thought the rest may want to know as well. I may do Rin next if this comes out well, and from then who knows what next...

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» Oooh, if it comes out well enough that you are happy with it would you try drawing Aniue after Rin? emotion_kirakira

" I did everything you asked! "

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Aperture Sentry Turret
" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» Oooh, if it comes out well enough that you are happy with it would you try drawing Aniue after Rin? emotion_kirakira

" I did everything you asked! "
sure, I may just go for multiple characters from the series, just because I love so many of them. I may even do Night from the pilot oneshot as well.

but here's how the Amaimon one came out.

User Image
(also uploaded here)

now I just need to wait for my dad to go to bed so I don't have him driving me batty and I can work on more art. he totally doesn't get stuff like why I get pissed when people are stealing from other artists, especially artists I like who have taken down some or all of their work because of people stealing their art, or why I'm not focusing too much on bodies until I can find a good pose reference resource. it's not that I'm not trying them at all, it's that I haven't yet got them to look natural and I need a good reference and I don't want to go using copyrighted stuff, I want to do it properly and he just doesn't get that. and he's being so pigheaded I almost want to throttle him already,

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
a quick question, nice peoples...

would you consider AoEx a gore manga, because I've seen a couple people today referring to it as such and I am just WTFing right now and... really.... what? but I really don't think it deserves being titled a "gore manga" at all but still I wonder why... User Image

(also, I got sidetracked artwise on an urge to try drawing Tora from Ushio & Tora and his hair is a pain in the a** so I put that aside for now and am back to the AoEx heads)

Space Genius

AoEx considered a gore manga? It is pretty clean, actually. Way cleaner than Claymore and Shingeki no Kyojin, both serialized in a shonen magazine. Some moral guardians are too strict. There was a Chinese animation that got pulled from the network because the main character cut her waist, even thought the tone of the animation is very idealistic (and she's fine!). AoEx would fall into the far idealistic side of the scale in my opinion.
To be fair, I haven't read or watch gorn works in any medium.
(By the way, thanks for the Dan Browned link. I've been clicking around for a few months now...)

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
BF-dragontshd-40
AoEx considered a gore manga? It is pretty clean, actually. Way cleaner than Claymore and Shingeki no Kyojin, both serialized in a shonen magazine. Some moral guardians are too strict. There was a Chinese animation that got pulled from the network because the main character cut her waist, even thought the tone of the animation is very idealistic (and she's fine!). AoEx would fall into the far idealistic side of the scale in my opinion.
(By the way, thanks for the Dan Browned link. I've been clicking around for a few months now...)
could be someone trying to make it seem "more mature" and thus "better" than "kiddy crap" in this case, since I was seeing FANS call it a gore manga. I mean, sure, that scene with how Mephisto gave Amaimon a "time out" in the last chapter was pretty brutal, but it was still pretty tame, and that was really amongst the most gorey scenes in the manga. (sure, Angel cut Rin's foot off the manga version of the trial miniarc, but no blood was shown.) my brain is just trying to figure out all the possible reasoning of why someone, especially a fan, would call it a gore manga because... really? are they even reading the same manga I've been?
(that site is rather addictive, isn't it? you have to be careful there, tho, as I once got caught up reading all the Nightmare Fuel pages and read them all in one day. HOLY s**t THE NIGHTMARE I HAD THAT NIGHT! I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE EVEN A TENTH AS SCARY BEFORE OR SINCE!)

Space Genius

Mugetsu Ookamiza
BF-dragontshd-40
could be someone trying to make it seem "more mature" and thus "better" than "kiddy crap" in this case, since I was seeing FANS call it a gore manga. I mean, sure, that scene with how Mephisto gave Amaimon a "time out" in the last chapter was pretty brutal, but it was still pretty tame, and that was really amongst the most gorey scenes in the manga. (sure, Angel cut Rin's foot off the manga version of the trial miniarc, but no blood was shown.) my brain is just trying to figure out all the possible reasoning of why someone, especially a fan, would call it a gore manga because... really? are they even reading the same manga I've been?
(that site is rather addictive, isn't it? you have to be careful there, tho, as I once got caught up reading all the Nightmare Fuel pages and read them all in one day. HOLY s**t THE NIGHTMARE I HAD THAT NIGHT! I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE EVEN A TENTH AS SCARY BEFORE OR SINCE!)

Making it more mature? AoEx isn't suppose to be an "OMG SERIOUZ BUZINEZZ THIS IS ZO DARK!" manga. It has many comedy elements. Comedy elements doesn't automatically making a medium "kiddy", if that is what they were thinking. Maybe you should ask why those fans considered AoEx as "gore" work. Or suggest them to read Claymore and tell them to call AoEx "gore" again. wink
(Schmuck bait! Must..not...click...Nightmare...Fuel...page...) eek

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
BF-dragontshd-40
Mugetsu Ookamiza
BF-dragontshd-40

Making it more mature? AoEx isn't suppose to be an "OMG SERIOUZ BUZINEZZ THIS IS ZO DARK!" manga. It has many comedy elements. Comedy elements doesn't automatically making a medium "kiddy", if that is what they were thinking. Maybe you should ask why those fans considered AoEx as "gore" work. Or suggest them to read Claymore and tell them to call AoEx "gore" again. wink
(Schmuck bait! Must..not...click...Nightmare...Fuel...page...) eek
last time I questioned someone's labeling choice for manga/anime on that site I got called an elitist showoff so I'm just going to sit back and go WTF. because while there are some sections of the manga I could see getting a gore warning just in case someone was a little squeamish they image they were showing was Rin headbutting Kuro and that's, like, not gore at all, but still they gave a gore manga warning...

but, really, I've seen some fankiddies make some rather amusing arguments in regards to anime and manga. heck, I had someone try to convince me that CardCaptor Sakura was aimed at adults a little over half a dozen years back. they're so desperate to try to justify why anime/manga is supposedly much more mature than it is to make it seem like they've got more mature tastes than those who watch Western-made animation or Western-made comics they just come up with the most WTF claims that... ugh... they make me want to bang my head into the wall sometimes.

(seriously, DON'T DO IT! I'm practically immune to horror and it lead to that nightmare that had me epically freaked out. take it a section or two a day bit by bit if you go in that section if you value your sanity!)

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.aaaaand I had someone unfollow me on tumblr after I WTFed over someone calling AoEx a gore manga there... wow... they, like, made a comment on it then unfollowed me... THEY WILL MISS MY AWESOME AOEX HEAD ART WHICH I MAY MAKE INTO KEYCHAINS/CHARMS~ THEY WILL MISS OUT ON POTENTIALLY GETTING ONE ONCE I HAVE INCOME COMING IN AGAIN AND MAY BE ABLE TO AFFORD SHIPPING SOME OUT TO FRIENDS~

and I shall finish my beer now and try to get some sleep since I've been up over 24 hours and I'm also having a caffeine crash start to kick in...

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Rin head is done~

User Image
well i have to say i am happy with ao no exorcist's dub cast

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
almost the end of the month... you know what that means is coming up XD

also, I'm heading up north this weekend, so here I am, saving this month's chapter page by page off of s2's reader (since they didn't give a direct download) so I can make sure my nieces are caught up on it.
The manga goes farther into the story than the anime did right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff