Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I'm bored as hell since I have to be inactive this week so I don't get a fibro flare before the convention next weekend so I'm thinking of writing up some stuff on AoEx.

I'm thinking on working on a couple essays, so I at least have a chance at finishing one (if I get stuck on one I can work on another for a bit). obviously one will be getting back to work on the one essay I already started a while back (after rereading or rewatching The Power of Myth) but I'm not completely sure on a second (or even third).

I have a rough idea on one about Yukio actually being far more immature than he acts but if anyone has some other ideas I'm open to them.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yesplz to that Yukio one. emotion_dowant

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I'm bored as hell since I have to be inactive this week so I don't get a fibro flare before the convention next weekend so I'm thinking of writing up some stuff on AoEx.

I'm thinking on working on a couple essays, so I at least have a chance at finishing one (if I get stuck on one I can work on another for a bit). obviously one will be getting back to work on the one essay I already started a while back (after rereading or rewatching The Power of Myth) but I'm not completely sure on a second (or even third).

I have a rough idea on one about Yukio actually being far more immature than he acts but if anyone has some other ideas I'm open to them.

I'll put that at the top of the list for now. but I swear, while I do see some taking his apparent maturity at face value he's come off to me as trying too hard to be mature from pretty early on, and in the more recent chapters it's been even more apparent to me. in fact, lately there have been times where Rin actually seems more mature, in a not-so-in-your-face way, than Yukio does.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza

I'll put that at the top of the list for now. but I swear, while I do see some taking his apparent maturity at face value he's come off to me as trying too hard to be mature from pretty early on, and in the more recent chapters it's been even more apparent to me. in fact, lately there have been times where Rin actually seems more mature, in a not-so-in-your-face way, than Yukio does.

Yes, he's definitely been trying too hard. I agree with that. It has been pretty apparent for a long time, but there are still people out there who think he's better than Rin and more mature. But I never bother arguing, all it does is start fights.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Yes, he's definitely been trying too hard. I agree with that. It has been pretty apparent for a long time, but there are still people out there who think he's better than Rin and more mature. But I never bother arguing, all it does is start fights.
I'm not saying that the series is uber-deep or anything, but I think a lot of the fandom kind of underestimates aspects of it. like there is some subtle depth to most of the characters and how the mangaka actually draws a lot from mythology and demonology, and so on. I think how Yukio is characterized vs how much of the fandom interprets his character falls into that area, as well as some of Rin's characterization as well (and definitely Shiemi's characterization among the section of the fandom given some of the reasons I've seen them give for hating her; seriously, WTF).

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza
(and definitely Shiemi's characterization among the section of the fandom given some of the reasons I've seen them give for hating her; seriously, WTF).
I had a friend who hated on Shiemi just because Rin liked her. And she wouldn't give credit to Shiemi for ANYTHING she did. And yet this person liked Izumo, and still does, and thinks she's more useful than Shiemi. I tried telling her about the recent chapters and about how useful Shiemi was, and all she said was "Izumo is still better than stupid Shiemi." emotion_facepalm

But ne, if you do write that thing about Yukio, I'd like to read it.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
iTsunayoshi Sawada
Mugetsu Ookamiza
(and definitely Shiemi's characterization among the section of the fandom given some of the reasons I've seen them give for hating her; seriously, WTF).
I had a friend who hated on Shiemi just because Rin liked her. And she wouldn't give credit to Shiemi for ANYTHING she did. And yet this person liked Izumo, and still does, and thinks she's more useful than Shiemi. I tried telling her about the recent chapters and about how useful Shiemi was, and all she said was "Izumo is still better than stupid Shiemi." emotion_facepalm

But ne, if you do write that thing about Yukio, I'd like to read it.
y'know... I never really got the whole thing on hating on a fictional character because they like/are liked by another fictional character...
maybe I'm just weird like that, or it's another case of fandom bringing out the sane(ish) side of me as opposed to my rather eccentric side I usually show...

and that essay, if I finish it, will probably at least wind up on my tumblr and/or deviantart.

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Mugetsu Ookamiza
y'know... I never really got the whole thing on hating on a fictional character because they like/are liked by another fictional character...
maybe I'm just weird like that, or it's another case of fandom bringing out the sane(ish) side of me as opposed to my rather eccentric side I usually show...

and that essay, if I finish it, will probably at least wind up on my tumblr and/or deviantart.
I don't get it either. The only explanation I can gather is that she liked Rin and felt... I dunno, I guess jealous of Shiemi? neutral But really I never got it either. I mean, I like fictional characters too but I don't hate on the characters that they crush on. Hell, in the case of KHR, going by that logic I should hate Kyoko but I adore her, and I actually want her ending up with Tsuna. No jelly here.

And alright. If you post it to tumblr then I'll see it. xD

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
my youngest two nieces are over and they DID get their AoEx cosplays mostly together. the tie and the bow didn't arrive in time and the youngest wasn't able to get the right skirt together in time but she does have one that's passable (if not quite the right color).

now all the remains to be seen is if I can find a proper jacket for a Night crossplay tomorrow (since I'm giving it one more shot) and if my oldest niece managed to get her Yukio crossplay together (as I know she's got her Homestuck cosplay ready but I've heard no progress on her AoEx one).

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
oh gods, I just got back from day one of JAFAX:
ALL THE AOEX GOODS OUT THIS YEAR~
I have danglies, posters, pins, and a wallscroll and a fanbadge~
and there was a Mephisto cosplayer~
and he was TALL~
and I am feeling mostly dead now, especially my feet...

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
and he was TALL~

Was the Aniue cosplayer also decent looking as well as tall? If so then that's bonus points because Aniue is tall too according to his character bio.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
and he was TALL~

Was the Aniue cosplayer also decent looking as well as tall? If so then that's bonus points because Aniue is tall too according to his character bio.
he wasn't the best going by the pics I've seen online of Mephisto cosplayers, but he wasn't bad either. if he's there tomorrow when my nieces are doing their AoEx cosplays they want to get a shot with him.

and amusingly I wound up with three Mephisto danglies trying to get at least a Rin and a Shiemi. the grand total was three Mephistos and one Yukio before I got two more and finally got a Rin and Shiemi. one of the Mephistos wound up going to my friend who likes German characters who I met up with there.

and when I got my blind box posters I was amused at the fact I wound up getting a Yukio and Shura one in the same box. all in all for the posters I got those two, the one with both Shima and Bon on it and an Amaimon one in the second box, and Rin and Izumo in the final one.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
and he was TALL~

he wasn't the best going by the pics I've seen online of Mephisto cosplayers, but he wasn't bad either. if he's there tomorrow when my nieces are doing their AoEx cosplays they want to get a shot with him.

and amusingly I wound up with three Mephisto danglies trying to get at least a Rin and a Shiemi. the grand total was three Mephistos and one Yukio before I got two more and finally got a Rin and Shiemi. one of the Mephistos wound up going to my friend who likes German characters who I met up with there.

and when I got my blind box posters I was amused at the fact I wound up getting a Yukio and Shura one in the same box. all in all for the posters I got those two, the one with both Shima and Bon on it and an Amaimon one in the second box, and Rin and Izumo in the final one.

Official posters? O:

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza
and he was TALL~

Official posters? O:
yeah, the skinny ones that come two per blind box. here's my youngest niece helping me get pics of them for my con swag shots:
http://weazulgrl.tumblr.com/post/25753434655/got-these-from-three-aoex-poster-blind-box

(I still need to decide what to do with the spare Mephisto)

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
yeah, the skinny ones that come two per blind box. here's my youngest niece helping me get pics of them for my con swag shots:
http://weazulgrl.tumblr.com/post/25753434655/got-these-from-three-aoex-poster-blind-box

Oh, what is up with the Amaimon, Yukio, and Izumo posters? They look weird. The other ones are prettier. They're nice though, you're lucky you can have posters.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I Earth King Amaimon I
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Oh, what is up with the Amaimon, Yukio, and Izumo posters? They look weird. The other ones are prettier. They're nice though, you're lucky you can have posters.
there's, like, two versions of each poster, in each box you apparently get one of one type and one of the other. but I gots a Rin, and an Amaimon, so I be happy. and Shura and Yukio in one box~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff