Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
I'm quite fond of it, and Rei and Misato are my favourites.
Why would anyone dislike it?

"Fly me to the moon,
And let me play among the stars,
Let me see what spring is like,
On Jupiter and Mars,
In other words, hold my hand,
In other words, darling kiss me,
Fill my heart with song,
And let me sing forevermore,
You are all I long for,
All I worship and adore,
In other words, please be true,
In other words, I love you.../i]

ThyOneGuy's Oppa

Actually a really big Shinji fan I mean yes hes a whiny little b***h with daddy issues but when s**t gets serious he gets in the damn robot and goes berserk and saves everyone..tho in the end he actually is the cause of killing everyone but pushing that aside hes ok. Hes more human than the others in a way and I kinda like that.
I'll grudgingly admit that I enjoyed the show, but I don't think it's the masterpiece that people like to claim it is. The great first two thirds just don't make up for the sloppy and poorly resolved final act or the abyssmal last two episodes. And the less said about End of EVA, the better.

Hilarious Genius

7,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Loiterer 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
DarknessShinigami77
I'll grudgingly admit that I enjoyed the show, but I don't think it's the masterpiece that people like to claim it is. The great first two thirds just don't make up for the sloppy and poorly resolved final act or the abyssmal last two episodes. And the less said about End of EVA, the better.

I completely understand people who don't enjoy the show, but I will say that there's probably a gap in understanding about what the show was trying to accomplish when people say things like the last section of it ruined the rest.

Most people wanted things out of this show that they got out of any other anime, but the creator was pretty hell bent on not giving people that. A lot of people expect certain things but the entire purpose of the show was to not be those things.

The focus of the show was never the story, the story was only used as the medium to carry the characters through, for example. The show starts off with angels and evas and battles at the forefront to gather in viewers, but abandoning that towards the end wasn't sloppy or poorly resolved, it was planned from the beginning and was what the creator set out to do by creating the show.

I could type thesis papers on this damn show, but I'll keep myself from ranting too hard. I just think that the main reason people don't enjoy it is because they expected something different than what the creator intended to give them, which is honestly what he set out to do in the first place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff