Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Phantom

I LOVE this series! It's my favorite anime and manga! I just love the atmosphere and vibe of it and getting to try and solve the mysteries. I don't think that the episodes can be considered filler, that's just what the show is about. Yes there is a main story which I'm very interested in but the main portion of the show is just about solving mysteries. I'm really happy that its such a long series because I never want to stop reading/watching! I don't mind that there are a lot of similarities between the manga and the anime because both are still a different experience for me and it makes me happy that they stick to Gosho Aoyama's original ideas, there are too many anime that go off in a completely different direction. I never get tired of this show and I don't think it needs to move any faster. cat_mrgreen
There are so many chapters/episodes that sometimes I think we fans are prone to forgetting how difficult it is to write good mysteries. Sure the overall story is moving at a sometimes painful snail pace, but when you think about it, it's also amazing that one man could come up with that much carefully thought out content for all these years. Really, how many ways can one think to tell a murder story? wink
User Image
ᴇᴀᴍ ʀᴀᴍᴇsʜɪXXXX

XXXXXXXXrameshi ʏusuke

Heiji Hattori > Shinichi Kudo

I'm the same Yusuke Urameshi, fearless protector of the good stuff with a healthy kickin assness and a general hate for authority!

Apocalyptic Phantom

Thermis
Wondersmith
Thermis
Wondersmith
Thermis
Wondersmith
I'm not gonna deny that, but you can't deny that they have a lot of filler that has nothing to do with the main story, either. It's kind'f hard to watch, imo.

It's episodic in nature. You're not supposed to watch this for the plot.
I didn't say that. But when the MAJORITY of it just just filler, there's a problem.

There are plenty of shows that are episodic in nature that don't even draw out things like Conan does.

It's not filler, though.
It really is.

Filler is filler. Stuff that's there just to fill status quo.

Not really. Just compare it to Doctor Who if you're British. Like I said, this was never meant to be a plot heavy show. That's more of a bonus for people who watched it since the beginning. Most of the charm comes from feeling smart for figuring out who the criminal of the week is before he's revealed.

I agree, it isn't filler. Though I think the main story is very interesting and I want to know what happens I feel like that is secondary to the mystery solving aspect of the anime. Aoyama makes a lot of references to Sherlock Holmes and other mystery series', if you have ever read Holmes its apparent that Aoyama was going for the same sort of thing. Though Conan Doyle wrote a few novels the majority of Sherlock Holmes is a collection of short stories which are, for the most part, do not have interconnected plot lines. The only thing that ties most of these stories together are the characters, just like in Detective Conan. Each story is separate from the next and each time there is a new mystery to solve. If you're only in it for the main plot then Detective Conan probably isn't your show, it isn't for everyone.
I love Case Closed! It's awesome

Demonic Lunatic

detective conan is awesome!

Magic Kaito's an anime too? I've been reading the manga.

I'll join!

Malevolent Fairy

Yay I found another person who loves the series heart I love both the anime and the manga!!! So many new exciting twists in the manga!!! And the anime has so many more episode lol Can't wait until the ending comes, I can't decide if I want to end it bitter sweet of happy smile

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I rather enjoy both series and I am glad that Detective Conon is running strong.
I haven't seen Detective Conan yet, but I love Magic Kaito. heart I think his specials are so fun, and he's a great character, even though I'd hate him in real life. I guess that is kind of strange... sweatdrop

Precious Genius

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
nena_sakura
Who likes Detective Conan ? ninja

Who likes magic kaito aka kaito kid ( now kind it's own anime). yum_puddi

Did u know the show is still on going? yum_onigiri

I can't believe the twists in this show !

Please don't be rude ! If u r not interested in the show ! Etc... gaia_star

gaia_crown
I created a new guild
For detective Conan / kaito kid fans

Detective Conan Fans if you are interested ! 3nodding

I love detective conan smile I've been watching it for 9 yearsxD. Its actually kinda sad....But umm detective conan is like 18 years old now smile I love it so much.
Magic kaito is soo good. So much suspence. Kaito is soo cute smile
Theres no way this anime is gonna end smile Its pure awesomeness.
I think this show is like the oldest....

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

Stopped around episode 550. Will wait for a few hundred more episodes before I continue it cat_rofl I've grown to love the 4 (Conan, Hattori, Kid, Shinichi).

6,775 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Wondersmith
Thermis
Wondersmith
nena_sakura
Wondersmith
I like the show, but honestly, it's over 500 episode, still on-going, and a lot of it is filler. Robot blood and just, ugh.

I really wish they just rapped it up. There's a time when things need to stop.

Some of those fillers has a few clues to the black Org. Boss!
I'm not gonna deny that, but you can't deny that they have a lot of filler that has nothing to do with the main story, either. It's kind'f hard to watch, imo.

It's episodic in nature. You're not supposed to watch this for the plot.
I didn't say that. But when the MAJORITY of it just just filler, there's a problem.

There are plenty of shows that are episodic in nature that don't even draw out things like Conan does.

They drag out the cases over several episodes even though it doesn't even need that many. They do this by recapping the episode during the same episode. (Like something happens in the beginning of the episode and they recap it again in the middle of the episode, and then again at the end). I think this is the only thing I dislike about it though, I don't mind filler episodes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff