Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Dangan Ronpa's game is significantly better, yeah--as everyone's been saying. The anime was rushed and didn't give a proper insight to important bullet points in the trials, or the give full explanations or any characterizations. It's more of a buffer--like, an extra, for those who already played the games and knew everything that went down. If you don't have that behind-the-scenes information, it's really easy to miss a lot of important things and see the characters as two-dimensional.

I hope SDR2 turns out better as an anime--I think that 20~26 episodes would be a lot better, since the game is much more involved and a bit longer, with a lot more outright, upfront characterization amongst the characters and much more thorough character development. Otherwise, the characters may come off as two-faced due to too-rapid development, or totally flat if they don't get it in the first place.

My favorite DR characters are Junko, Chihiro, Sakura, and Kirigiri.

My favorite SDR2 characters are obviously [SPOILER REDACTED], Gundam, and Tsumiki.

Gekko

I've seen it! And read the playthrough for SDR2. :3 I like it, pink blood and all... favorite character was Ishimaru. I'm also one of the few people who loved the anime, because it introduced me to the series. *shrugs*And also... because maybe I don't particularly care that much about characterization. To me, Animes, games, etc. are just for fun, so I don't really care at all about having deep, developed characters. I'd rather have flat characters that are highly entertaining, and the anime did that well.

Demonic Felis catus

12,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Saturnidae
I've seen it! And read the playthrough for SDR2. :3 I like it, pink blood and all... favorite character was Ishimaru. I'm also one of the few people who loved the anime, because it introduced me to the series. *shrugs*And also... because maybe I don't particularly care that much about characterization. To me, Animes, games, etc. are just for fun, so I don't really care at all about having deep, developed characters. I'd rather have flat characters that are highly entertaining, and the anime did that well.

Best comment so far o v o;;
Also I love your siggy xD

Gekko

Juvia-Sama
Saturnidae

Best comment so far o v o;;
Also I love your siggy xD

Ahahaha, thank you XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out