Does it annoy you?

Yes. Pick a language, damn it! 0.32782719186785 32.8% [ 258 ]
No. It's no big deal 0.49174078780178 49.2% [ 387 ]
Hey! I do that, you a*****e! 0.18043202033037 18.0% [ 142 ]
Total Votes:[ 787 ]
This poll closed on April 5, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 >

..."Otaku" people mix English with Japanese when they talk? Now, I'm an anime fan, too, and I dunno if it's just me, but it annoys the crap out of me when someone adds snippits of Japanese into a 90% English sentence.
hehe heh dont get so uptight. Japanes ppl speak snippets of english in their songs, why can't we do it in convos.
Akiko_Tsukishiro
hehe heh dont get so uptight. Japanes ppl speak snippets of english in their songs, why can't we do it in convos.
Because we English speakers are above that.
hey man, don't be supremist........
Akiko_Tsukishiro

It doesn't bother me so much in music. But I don't want to have to be bilingual just to talk to a guy.
The only Japanese word I use when I speak is "baka," but I also say "stupid" in Russian and Spanish, so it's not because I'm trying to be Japanese or something like that.
Mystic Gash
Akiko_Tsukishiro

It doesn't bother me so much in music. But I don't want to have to be bilingual just to talk to a guy.
i get what ur saying.... true.... i've been beaten.....
Akiko_Tsukishiro

Because, it gets annyoing after a while. I don't mind it in songs, but in covo's they jus need to pick a language and stick with it.

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I do that sometimes, but not a whole lot.

O.G. Member

6,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yes, it annoys me.
It is not really the speaking of Japanese but the reason it is spoken. People use words like "baka" and "kawaii" because they think it brings them closer to anime or something, and the truth is it does not. When you speak broken Japanese you are doing just that, speaking broken Japanese. You are not getting any closer to the Japanese culture or anime.
My friends and I are always throwing in Japanese words and phrases in our convos. It's really no big to me.
Akiko_Tsukishiro
hey man, don't be supremist........
It's true though.
Suyo
Yes, it annoys me.
It is not really the speaking of Japanese but the reason it is spoken. People use words like "baka" and "kawaii" because they think it brings them closer to anime or something, and the truth is it does not. When you speak broken Japanese you are doing just that, speaking broken Japanese. You are not getting any closer to the Japanese culture or anime.

I couldn't have said it better myself
It annoys me.

It annoys me because it makes me think that they know how to speak the language.
What REALLY annoys me is when one of my friends talks to me in japanese when she KNOWS I dont know any. Then she stares like i should have understood every thing she said.... that is worse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff