Currently on Volume 3. Love it so far.

nice

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Shin Seven X

I personally loved Akira, just the energy, the reverence it seemed larger than life. Sure, now it seems a bit trite and so on, but I think of it as a classic.

yeah I was a little surprised how it got into the big bang theory and stuff. I found at the begining I was confused as hell but it did get better and less confusing later on.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Lord Landusk of Darkfalls
I sorta konw it now I have not really watch the moive but well I have this guy to thank.

Anime Abandon- Akira

I here to bash it but I wonder why it was so great

sure now konwing it of the look and effect but it does have it

flaws like one the voice acting (Yes I kown there a redub of it =w=;;; )

the side rebel plot not well told that you need to konw more of

basicly when it end you wonder wtf you just watch if well

your the one preson don't konw much of anime it the 90s and you freind force you to watch the moive.

yeah theres always something to question about japenese animeted films expecially if there based of an anime/ manga. this one had a lot to explain but it surprisingly wasnt explained horribly.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

10,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
dragonlover5
Shin Seven X

I personally loved Akira, just the energy, the reverence it seemed larger than life. Sure, now it seems a bit trite and so on, but I think of it as a classic.

yeah I was a little surprised how it got into the big bang theory and stuff. I found at the begining I was confused as hell but it did get better and less confusing later on.

lol yeah, I can understand that.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Shin Seven X
dragonlover5
Shin Seven X

im ganna find those books and read them this summer. but uits yet a nother thing on my long list to read.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

10,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
dragonlover5
Shin Seven X
dragonlover5
Shin Seven X

im ganna find those books and read them this summer. but uits yet a nother thing on my long list to read.

Still, nothing wrong with reading. =)

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
I enjoyed that movie,but I think it was overrated. I think it was famous due to the fact it was one of the first animes that came to the US that showed there are animes that AREN'T for kids.

I say it was a good movie, it was great premise, the art was decent, and the idea was well executed.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Shin Seven X
dragonlover5
Shin Seven X
dragonlover5
Shin Seven X

Still, nothing wrong with reading. =)

I know just feels like I got too much to read but manga dont take too long so I think I'll be ok

Magnetic Sex Symbol

10,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
dragonlover5

Still better to have too much than none at all.

Wheezing Entrepreneur

dragonlover5
Epic Namiimi
That one scene left a bad taste in my mouth emotion_puke
but overall great film xd

which scene? the one where the main character steals his friends red bike and that gang shows up and starts beating him and the chick up? cuz at that part i stopped the film haha. then i desided i needed the movie for a project so i gave it another chance and it was good.

No not that one sweatdrop the scene towards the end when tetsuo undergoes that horrible transformation and that one chick gets crushed to death >.< took me a while to get over that scene but still a great film User Image

Quotable Genius

ImKagetsu
dragonlover5
I saw the movie, and it went way beyond anything anime I have ever seen before. I was surprised that the violence looked a little more realistic most because I'm use to seeing Miyzaki films. It was a really interesting film once you get past why it is rated R on the first place. It blew me away of the idea of energy they used for the movie. Its based of a manga that I now want to read.
I found it too dark and depressing. The ending seemed to really drag. Kept thinking "die already". Definitely not a movie to be watched with "edited for tv" I liked Paprika much better.

First anime I ever watched, I was completely horrified during the whole thing. Left me traumatized for months afterwards. Then I saw South Park and now I'm cured XD
The movie is awsome, sadly it's nothing compared to the graphic novels

Humorist

16,800 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Hatake Kakashi-sann
ImKagetsu
dragonlover5
I saw the movie, and it went way beyond anything anime I have ever seen before. I was surprised that the violence looked a little more realistic most because I'm use to seeing Miyzaki films. It was a really interesting film once you get past why it is rated R on the first place. It blew me away of the idea of energy they used for the movie. Its based of a manga that I now want to read.
I found it too dark and depressing. The ending seemed to really drag. Kept thinking "die already". Definitely not a movie to be watched with "edited for tv" I liked Paprika much better.

First anime I ever watched, I was completely horrified during the whole thing. Left me traumatized for months afterwards. Then I saw South Park and now I'm cured XD
Hmm, rarely watch South Park. Either you mean they had a satire of Akira, Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy did, or South Park numbed your brain? xp

Quotable Genius

ImKagetsu
Hatake Kakashi-sann
ImKagetsu
dragonlover5

Hmm, rarely watch South Park. Either you mean they had a satire of Akira, Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy did, or South Park numbed your brain? xp

Cartman gets Dawson's Creek Trapper Keeper Ultra Keeper Futura S 2000 which can scan and absorb whatever it comes into contact with such as cell phones, microwaves etc. It absorbs Cartman and he goes walking around as this super blob absorbing crap.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
kirikomorisan
I enjoyed that movie,but I think it was overrated. I think it was famous due to the fact it was one of the first animes that came to the US that showed there are animes that AREN'T for kids.

I say it was a good movie, it was great premise, the art was decent, and the idea was well executed.

it did seem very confusing at first but they did manage to find good times to explain certain things

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff