Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
I saw the movie, and it went way beyond anything anime I have ever seen before. I was surprised that the violence looked a little more realistic most because I'm use to seeing Miyzaki films. It was a really interesting film once you get past why it is rated R on the first place. It blew me away of the idea of energy they used for the movie. Its based of a manga that I now want to read.

Humorist

16,800 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dragonlover5
I saw the movie, and it went way beyond anything anime I have ever seen before. I was surprised that the violence looked a little more realistic most because I'm use to seeing Miyzaki films. It was a really interesting film once you get past why it is rated R on the first place. It blew me away of the idea of energy they used for the movie. Its based of a manga that I now want to read.
I found it too dark and depressing. The ending seemed to really drag. Kept thinking "die already". Definitely not a movie to be watched with "edited for tv" I liked Paprika much better.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
ImKagetsu
dragonlover5
I found it too dark and depressing. The ending seemed to really drag. Kept thinking "die already". Definitely not a movie to be watched with "edited for tv" I liked Paprika much better.

Havent heard of that film but ill look it up.

Dapper Ladykiller

I liked that movie, it was really interesting. But did anyone else think all the teenage boys in the gang looked the same? I remember one of them died, all I could do was laugh because I had no idea which one he was. Also the women looked like men.

I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. But personally I prefer all of Kon's movies to Akira.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
sinfully_cute
I liked that movie, it was really interesting. But did anyone else think all the teenage boys in the gang looked the same? I remember one of them died, all I could do was laugh because I had no idea which one he was. Also the women looked like men.

I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. But personally I prefer all of Kon's movies to Akira.

yeah I got confused as to who was who but i rewatched the begining because the first time i watched it my brother was with me and i had to turn it off. but watching it a second time makes it easier to remember the characters better.

Dapper Shapeshifter

The movie was really great in taking a complex story and compressing it into one film. The visuals are some of the best I've ever seen in hand drawn animation. The first time a watched it I was a bit confused on how Tetsuo goes crazy so fast, the the plot seemed too much too quick.

I later found that the manga series was 6 books, at least 300 pages each. The manga has a completely different story- you learn more about the anti-drug theme, akira's alive, and neo-tokyo's destruction is only the half-way marker.

I highly recommend reading it biggrin

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
des solo
The movie was really great in taking a complex story and compressing it into one film. The visuals are some of the best I've ever seen in hand drawn animation. The first time a watched it I was a bit confused on how Tetsuo goes crazy so fast, the the plot seemed too much too quick.

I later found that the manga series was 6 books, at least 300 pages each. The manga has a completely different story- you learn more about the anti-drug theme, akira's alive, and neo-tokyo's destruction is only the half-way marker.

yeah i want to read it but its an old manga might b hard to find

Dapper Shapeshifter

dragonlover5
des solo

not really- it's popular. You'll likely find it at Barnes and Noble or another bookstore, so you can read it there too.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I personally liked it a lot, though I was in bed on medication when I watched it so I don't think I remembered certain parts correctly.

The children were my favorite.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

10,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100

I personally loved Akira, just the energy, the reverence it seemed larger than life. Sure, now it seems a bit trite and so on, but I think of it as a classic.
Currently on Volume 3. Love it so far.

Commanding Berserker

25,525 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
I sorta konw it now I have not really watch the moive but well I have this guy to thank.

Anime Abandon- Akira

I here to bash it but I wonder why it was so great

sure now konwing it of the look and effect but it does have it

flaws like one the voice acting (Yes I kown there a redub of it =w=;;; )

the side rebel plot not well told that you need to konw more of

basicly when it end you wonder wtf you just watch if well

your the one preson don't konw much of anime it the 90s and you freind force you to watch the moive.

Wheezing Entrepreneur

That one scene left a bad taste in my mouth emotion_puke
but overall great film xd

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
des solo
dragonlover5
des solo

not really- it's popular. You'll likely find it at Barnes and Noble or another bookstore, so you can read it there too.

alright awesome blaugh

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Epic Namiimi
That one scene left a bad taste in my mouth emotion_puke
but overall great film xd

which scene? the one where the main character steals his friends red bike and that gang shows up and starts beating him and the chick up? cuz at that part i stopped the film haha. then i desided i needed the movie for a project so i gave it another chance and it was good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff