Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prince Raivis
SO excited!
Also angry at how much crap people give it...
1. It is their first time animating something like this. It will improve over time, and that's already been shown in the production diaries: No more shadow people, better physics engine, etc. It's also the first season, so they don't quite know how they want to do things yet. They're still making changes as they go (example: the world/backgrounds are gonna look different)
2. For many of the voice actors it's either their first time voice acting, or their first time voicing a major character. Again: They will improve with time.
3. They work so ******** hard on this. They're still working on it as it's being released, and have to pump out an episode every week. They work so hard, sometimes to the point of sleeping in the office because they don't go home, and many of them are also working on other things at the same time.

But awkward acting and animation aside, let's see what the series has going for it.
1. Female-centered. The title characters are all girls, the main villain at this point is a woman. The show is FULL of ladies who kick major a**, without having to sacrifice their femininity to do so. No "You got beat by a girl!" nonsense. No using "girl" as an insult to the guys.
2. It was stated early on there would be no panty shots, no unnecessary fanservice sexualizing the girls. It is a show thought of and written by men, and the female characters are treated with respect.
3. Fan involvement! Because of the way they're making it and putting it out there, they're able to see what the fans like/want, and work that into it. The character Velvet was just supposed to be an example of how the Faunus are treated, but the fans liked her so much she's getting a bigger part and there was even a contest for fans to design armor for her! (now if enough fans will ship my otp...)
4. Monty Oum is a national treasure and must be protected at all costs.
User Image
User Image

If Red vs Blue is anything to go on, we can expect big things from RWBY.

I'm a bit of a protective mother with it sweatdrop "My babies made that, you b***h!"

you guys give me hope, thank you crying

Conservative Genius

8,925 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
It's not even anime.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Prince Raivis

4. Monty Oum is a national treasure and must be protected at all costs

More like Monty's a hare-brained idiot who doesn't even understand basic concepts of things like fencing and his only selling point is he makes half-decent mmd models.

And maybe he could hire people who are willing to put more effort into voice acting, there's bad because you're new and bad because you're not practicing and barely even trying.

Why yes, I am still bitter that he had the gall to say that the way the White girl fights is based off of "fencing". YOU DO NOT HOLD THE ******** RAPIER VERTICALLY TO BLOCK A STRIKE FROM A WEAPON, YOU THRUST AND DEFLECT. FENCING DOES NOT BLOCK IN A TRADITIONAL MANNER BECAUSE FENCING WEAPONS ARE THIN AND ******** FLIMSY.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
So As I Pray
Prince Raivis

More like Monty's a hare-brained idiot who doesn't even understand basic concepts of things like fencing and his only selling point is he makes half-decent mmd models.

And maybe he could hire people who are willing to put more effort into voice acting, there's bad because you're new and bad because you're not practicing and barely even trying.

Why yes, I am still bitter that he had the gall to say that the way the White girl fights is based off of "fencing". YOU DO NOT HOLD THE ******** RAPIER VERTICALLY TO BLOCK A STRIKE FROM A WEAPON, YOU THRUST AND DEFLECT. FENCING DOES NOT BLOCK IN A TRADITIONAL MANNER BECAUSE FENCING WEAPONS ARE THIN AND ******** FLIMSY.

MAYBE THAT RAPIER ISN'T FLIMSY! :O

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Mahzuki
So As I Pray
Prince Raivis

THEN IT'S NOT A RAPIER
PLUS YOU WOULDN'T GO ON TWATTER AND TRY TO DEFEND YOURSELF CLAIMING YOU BASED HER FIGHTING STYLE OFF FENCING IF YOU HAD A BETTER EXCUSE

Quotable Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
The motion capture still seems a bit jerky and rag-dollish to me, but I've seen far worse story, animation, characters, and fighting. *cough*Rob Liefeld*cough*
Instead of thinking of RWBY as a low-quality anime, I prefer to think of it as something like a high-quality animated webcomic, but that's why it baffles me that people give it so much s**t for its production quality.

TH1NM1NTS's Waifu

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
So As I Pray
Mahzuki
So As I Pray
Prince Raivis

THEN IT'S NOT A RAPIER
PLUS YOU WOULDN'T GO ON TWATTER AND TRY TO DEFEND YOURSELF CLAIMING YOU BASED HER FIGHTING STYLE OFF FENCING IF YOU HAD A BETTER EXCUSE

I'm just going to throw this out there, he said BASED on that doesn't mean he HAS to follow EVERYTHING. If I base my character off another one it's not going to be exactly the same, it will be similar but different. At least it should be if you are doing it right.
Also the original comment was about his good attitude in general towards people. Stop making it about you being bitter. Yeah your not the only one who knows how to use white to write stuff.

TH1NM1NTS's Waifu

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
Now that I got my response to the haters out of the way...ME ME!
I'm so ready for this! My friend is actually going to RTX to see this.
I miss the show which for the haters is not anime or really good animation but the plot is nice and it's unique.
Believe me when I almost couldn't get through the first episode but I' really happy I stuck around.
I'm actually seriously contemplating cosplaying as Weiss right now.

Liberal Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
So many haters on this thread...

Well, I like the series. Sure the concept is nothing really innovative, but it's got likable characters and it's entertaining! People should just stop nit-picking at it and accept it for what it is. I for one am glad an American has good enough taste to make an anime-style cartoon series and can't wait for the second season!
Dont mind the haters and trolls they can be like that or they can pull the stick out of their collective asses and learn to enjoy life a little bit
Top reasons why people seem to hate RWBY.

The animation is lame!
Ever animate? It takes time and considering the work resources, small budgeting, and the fact it's a small studio. It's pretty damn good. And the ******** shadow people are going to be gone and the animation is going to improve. So Shut Up! I mean look at this damn opening:

And listen to the ******** music:

The story is bland:
Errr. well....okay. this I have to agree with actually. This has a lot of overused anime stereotypes. Big a** weapons. Teched out motorcycles, big boobed heroins. But all of which is what makes anime so good. Even though it is technically NOT anime. It has a lot of what anime fans tend to want. And that's a selling point.

No fan service.
I do agree we need Yang to flash some cleavage and bounce them titties some more. But it's also a drag to do it in large quantity's.

The voice acting sucks:
Ever since Yangs trailer was released and everyone heard those to villain chicks speak everyone seems to think the voice acting sucks. The voice acting doesn't suck. It's the characters that annoy us. It's a real mind trick! Preppy sounding cunts well do that to you. I haven't seen anything that would lead someone to believe the voice acting is bad. In all honesty I don't see any difference between this and a funamation dub. 3nodding

I don't know why I'm defending it so much. Everyone has there opinions is guess. But most of what people say is hella condescending. Like they don't give a flying ******** about how hard it is to produce animation like this. If it's not on par with ******** Attack on Titan or at the very least Dragon Ball or produced by a well known studio like MADHOUSE or BONES with some street cred under them then its crap of a different color. Ticks me off. stare
Haters aside, what's everyone most excited for in volume 2? Any concerns?

I'm excited to see more Roman. He is my babe. He's a piece of s**t, but he's my babe. Also very interested in Mercury (Cinder's male backup dancer) and his fighting style. So annoyed we only got to see one kick from him in the opening.

I am concerned for a couple things:
1. Are people gonna die? The opening theme suggests they might. Please not Roman...
2. I really really really hope they don't make Cinder a "temptress" type villain. One scene shown in the production diaries makes me think they might. I don't want her to be controlling people with sexiness. I want her to be controlling people with fear because she's a scary b***h!

Also anyone got any OCs? I'm working on a team right now. It's hard OTL

Dapper Cultist

11,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh

neutral
Well, I like it in any case.

Magical Lunatic

Phoenix Sandra
DOROHEDOROBRO vIh

neutral
Well, I like it in any case.

User Image

No, but seriously, that's cool. I respect that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff