• Elocutionist 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
When I got my back up against the wall! Don't need no one to rescue me!

I'm still laughing about that shirt with the dancing heart and the caption "Nobody knows my sorrow". xd

Yeah, there is a lot to remember and consider. Lot of work building your own PC. sweatdrop

'Cause I ain't waiting up for no miracle! Yeah, tonight I'm running free!

Saturday is coming up....really hope we won't see a repeat of lagfest.... sweatdrop

Hopefully I'll be able to make this one. My parents are finally bad from vacation, so I might be busy this afternoon. Is Saturday usually the day where lag happens?

No major lag, but still some technical difficulties. Only got one follower. I doubt I'l be able to make it to 100 followers before the end of the month. crying

You've got to believe! You did quite good on that Monday stream, so you could easily see a repeat there. biggrin

I may have found a site that could help you with figuring out what type of PC you want. It's called PCPartPicker and it lets you see the various parts available with their price and allows you mix and match to see what kind of PC you can make. Maybe it will help.

Finger crossed for tuesday.

Hmm...I shall perhaps check that out later. ^^

So you do regular streams on Tuesday too? I'll try to show up for that one then. Shouldn't be as busy as Saturday for me. Of course, I usually forget these things, but at least there is you and your Twitter account to remind me. xp

I might have to give it a try too. I have a feeling my computer is starting to wear down. It's been crankier lately, and the freezing issue never seems to go away entirely. Fortunately, I can harvest quite a few parts from it for any new computer I make. 3nodding

The_Cookie_Bean's Husband

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Hopefully I'll be able to make this one. My parents are finally bad from vacation, so I might be busy this afternoon. Is Saturday usually the day where lag happens?

No major lag, but still some technical difficulties. Only got one follower. I doubt I'l be able to make it to 100 followers before the end of the month. crying

You've got to believe! You did quite good on that Monday stream, so you could easily see a repeat there. biggrin

I may have found a site that could help you with figuring out what type of PC you want. It's called PCPartPicker and it lets you see the various parts available with their price and allows you mix and match to see what kind of PC you can make. Maybe it will help.

So you do regular streams on Tuesday too? I'll try to show up for that one then. Shouldn't be as busy as Saturday for me. Of course, I usually forget these things, but at least there is you and your Twitter account to remind me. xp

I might have to give it a try too. I have a feeling my computer is starting to wear down. It's been crankier lately, and the freezing issue never seems to go away entirely. Fortunately, I can harvest quite a few parts from it for any new computer I make. 3nodding

Yep yep. Tuesdays, Saturdays, and I'm doing an extra one this Thursday. I'm at 83 followers now. Hopefully I can get to 100 before the end of the month. Also, JackboxGames responded to one of my tweets, so that was awesome.

Freezes on you a lot?

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Yep yep. Tuesdays, Saturdays, and I'm doing an extra one this Thursday. I'm at 83 followers now. Hopefully I can get to 100 before the end of the month. Also, JackboxGames responded to one of my tweets, so that was awesome.

Freezes on you a lot?

I saw that. Sorry for not showing up for the Tuesday stream. I spent half an hour trying to get on, but Twitch wouldn't load the stream. I got it to show up once, but the chat didn't work. I gave up after that. sweatdrop

The freezing thing only happens about once every week or two, but it's been an issue since I got my computer. I just get used to it, since it only takes like 5-10 minutes to get right back to where I was before it froze. It's more a general sluggishness I've noticed. Most computers slow down after a few years, so it's no surprise. Still works quite well, so it's not like it needs to be replaced immediately.

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Freezes on you a lot?

I saw that. Sorry for not showing up for the Tuesday stream. I spent half an hour trying to get on, but Twitch wouldn't load the stream. I got it to show up once, but the chat didn't work. I gave up after that. sweatdrop

The freezing thing only happens about once every week or two, but it's been an issue since I got my computer. I just get used to it, since it only takes like 5-10 minutes to get right back to where I was before it froze. It's more a general sluggishness I've noticed. Most computers slow down after a few years, so it's no surprise. Still works quite well, so it's not like it needs to be replaced immediately.

You missed a benchmark event....the channel had its first attack of trolls last night....very racist ones. They came in a big group, spammed racial slurs, and even got a couple on quiplash. A new friend I made moderator and I managed to hit them all with the ban hammer, and it looks like I still have a channel after that fiasco...for now anyways.

That's still way too often for my tastes. lol I especially can't have that if I'll be using it to run a stream.

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Freezes on you a lot?

You missed a benchmark event....the channel had its first attack of trolls last night....very racist ones. They came in a big group, spammed racial slurs, and even got a couple on quiplash. A new friend I made moderator and I managed to hit them all with the ban hammer, and it looks like I still have a channel after that fiasco...for now anyways.

That's still way too often for my tastes. lol I especially can't have that if I'll be using it to run a stream.

I've never understood trolls. What's the point of ruining someone else's fun with offensive behaviour? Don't they have better things to do? rolleyes

For some reason, it's never done it while I've been playing a video game. Could be a coincidence, but who knows. I've tried to fix it in the past but never found the source. confused

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Freezes on you a lot?

I've never understood trolls. What's the point of ruining someone else's fun with offensive behaviour? Don't they have better things to do? rolleyes

For some reason, it's never done it while I've been playing a video game. Could be a coincidence, but who knows. I've tried to fix it in the past but never found the source. confused

I feel the same way. Well, at least they didn't appear this time ^^

Hmm...something that has to do with other programs, but not in video games is making the computer sluggish...does that fact narrow anything down on what it could be?

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Freezes on you a lot?

Hmm...something that has to do with other programs, but not in video games is making the computer sluggish...does that fact narrow anything down on what it could be?

I wonder how the big Twitch streamers deal with it. I suppose the chat moves so quickly that all gets drowned out.

I've personally leaned towards it being a hardware problem, because when I used my laptop it had almost all the same programs installed. Probably something on the motherboard.

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

I wonder how the big Twitch streamers deal with it. I suppose the chat moves so quickly that all gets drowned out.

I've personally leaned towards it being a hardware problem, because when I used my laptop it had almost all the same programs installed. Probably something on the motherboard.

I asked one of the bigger streamers, and he said that banning them is basically all you can do. crying

That is weird. Two different computers having the same problem?

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

I asked one of the bigger streamers, and he said that banning them is basically all you can do. crying

Sounds like a pain in the butt. Also, I wanted to ask you something. A friend has talked me into getting a mic so we can chat online, but I know nothing about them. Seeing as you need one for your stream, any advice on what kind of headphones or mic to look for? I'm trying to find something cheap with decent quality. I don't need top of the line.

No, I meant that I think it's a hardware problem because I have the same things installed on my laptop and it doesn't have that problem. If it was software, then I would suspect that my laptop would also have the problem, but it does not. Believe me, I've tried to wrap my head around this problem for a long time and found few answers. sweatdrop

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Sounds like a pain in the butt. Also, I wanted to ask you something. A friend has talked me into getting a mic so we can chat online, but I know nothing about them. Seeing as you need one for your stream, any advice on what kind of headphones or mic to look for? I'm trying to find something cheap with decent quality. I don't need top of the line.

No, I meant that I think it's a hardware problem because I have the same things installed on my laptop and it doesn't have that problem. If it was software, then I would suspect that my laptop would also have the problem, but it does not. Believe me, I've tried to wrap my head around this problem for a long time and found few answers. sweatdrop

I don't know much about anything too high end, but I was told that "Turtle Beach" never lets you down, so I bought them.

We made it to 100 followers! Yay! ...maybe I should do a kickstarter for a PC or something, because I really need to do something before I hit the wall of too much traffic slowing or killing the stream.

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

I don't know much about anything too high end, but I was told that "Turtle Beach" never lets you down, so I bought them.

We made it to 100 followers! Yay! ...maybe I should do a kickstarter for a PC or something, because I really need to do something before I hit the wall of too much traffic slowing or killing the stream.

Interesting brand name. I shall check them out. Besides...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Congrats! Before you start a kickstarter, you have to really ask yourself if you feel comfortable asking random strangers for money. While there may be some kind ones out there willing to donate a few dollars, others might see it as a money grab.

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Congrats! Before you start a kickstarter, you have to really ask yourself if you feel comfortable asking random strangers for money. While there may be some kind ones out there willing to donate a few dollars, others might see it as a money grab.

Yeah, there's always a way to view something negatively. IDK what to do at the moment. I'm not allowed to work, and I need a PC to handle more traffic.

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Yeah, there's always a way to view something negatively. IDK what to do at the moment. I'm not allowed to work, and I need a PC to handle more traffic.

Wait, they won't even let you work yet? It's part of the citizenship thing, isn't it? That seems to be an overly slow process. rolleyes

Not sure if those headphones will work for me. Seems all the cheap ones are refurbished, and I don't particularly like the idea of used headphones. Doesn't even tell me if they're USB or not. Lol, I'm getting really picky with these things since I know I'll barely use them. I'd consider buying just a mic instead, but they all look so bulky and I'd like a mute button at least.

Questionable Paladin

25,475 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Wait, they won't even let you work yet? It's part of the citizenship thing, isn't it? That seems to be an overly slow process. rolleyes

Not sure if those headphones will work for me. Seems all the cheap ones are refurbished, and I don't particularly like the idea of used headphones. Doesn't even tell me if they're USB or not. Lol, I'm getting really picky with these things since I know I'll barely use them. I'd consider buying just a mic instead, but they all look so bulky and I'd like a mute button at least.

Permanent residency, yes. Just biding my time and working on projects that I hope will make me famous and loved until then, like my Twitch channel and my book.

Yeah, mics are super expensive though. I certainly can't afford one @_@

Shy Bookworm

35,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster
Aardon
Special Monster

Permanent residency, yes. Just biding my time and working on projects that I hope will make me famous and loved until then, like my Twitch channel and my book.

Yeah, mics are super expensive though. I certainly can't afford one @_@

Oh, but they at least said you could stay, right? That's a plus. biggrin

I ended up just buying a pair of headphones my friend recommended. You can actually find a bunch of mics on Amazon for like $20-30. That's one reason I was considering getting one, since it cost less than headphones. Ultimately thought it was easier getting used to some new headphones that I'll only use occasionally than have a bulky mic sitting on my desk collecting dust. razz

I just ordered the new Zelda game yesterday. I was debating whether or not to wait for a chance to buy a Switch and then get it, but I've read so many articles and saw some videos that basically state that the Wii U version and Switch version are nearly identical. no point on shelling out an extra $400 for one game. Just a few more days and I'll be running around Hyrule. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff