A la tuhuelpa legria macarena
Que tuhuelce paralla legria cosabuena
A la tuhuelpa legria macarena Eeeh, macarena
A-Hai 2x
Now don´t you worry ´bout my boy friend
the boy who´s name is Nicorino
I don´t want him, ´cause sent him
he was no good so I - hahaaaa
Now, come on, what was I supposed to do ?
He was outta town and his two friends were soooo fine
Ref. 2x
Claps Ahai Ahai
Keys
Ref. 2x
Lach
Come and find me, my name is Macarena
always at the party,
´cause the chicos think I´m buena
come join me, dance with me
and all your fellows cat hello with me
Ref. 5x
TanChan, are you still there or is it time for the funeral?

I just needed to walk about a bit, I can tell when I've been at the computer too long because I start making silly mistakes. rolleyes
The English/Spanish mix, from mixed-up.com:

'Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena
Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena
Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena
Heeeeey Macarena
AAAhAA!

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena
Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena
Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena
Heeeeey Macarena
AAAhAA!

Macarena tiene un novio que se llama
Que se llama de apellido Vitorino,
Que en la jura de bandera el muchacho
Se la dio con dos amigos

Macarena, Macarena, Macarena
Que le gusta los veranos de Marbella
Macarena, Macarena, Macarena
Que le gusta la movida guerrilera

Macarena sueña con El Corte Ingles
Que se compra los modelos mas modernos
Le gustaria vivir en Nueva York
Y ligar un novio nuevo
AAAAhAA!!

When I dance they call me Macarena
And the boys they say que soy buena
They all want me, they can't have me
so they all come and dance beside me
Move with me, chat with me
and if I could I'd take you home with me

Now don't you worry about my boyfriend
The boy who's name is Vitorino
I don't want him, couldn't stand him
He was no good so I
Now come on, what was I suppose to do
He was out of town and his two friends were so fine

Come find me, my name is Macarena
Always at the party con las chicas que estan buenas
Come join me, dance with me
And all you fellas chat along with me'

Unless I missunderstand, I think this means the second-half of the song translates the first, as there is no break in the lyrics and it is all listed together as the words to the song. It's been years since I've heard it, what do you think?

EDIT: Nevermind, I typed that without really looking. Now I see I'm wrong. Be right back.
TanChan
Spellcat
TanChan
Spellcat
TanChan
I wonder if the word macarena means anything.. I'm going to go and wikipedia it real quick XD

*is looking at answers.com which also shows wiki*

So, it's called Macarena because that rhymes with the original name in the song, Magdalena. Neat, I didn't know Macarena even was a name, I thought it was a nonsense word.

hahaha! by the end of this topic we shall know too much there is to know about the macarena

Right, like that I didn't know it was mostly in Spanish, either. I thought it was just a really fastly sung song and that was all that made it unintelligible to me.

Straight from wiki:
'a song about a young woman, the girlfriend of a recent recruit to the Spanish Army named Victorino, who celebrates his drafting by hooking up with two of his male friends. Macarena has a weakness for males in uniform, spending summers at Marbella, and dreams of shopping at El Corte Inglés (the major Spanish department store chain), moving to New York City and getting a new boyfriend'

Sounds like something kids should be dancing to, doesn't it? xd

Now I kind of want the lyrics. *searches*

ooh! if you find them you should hook me up! with translations!
we have the spanish one on our kareoke machine but no one in my family can sing it! XD it's too fast!

I'm looking for lyrics that seem right but there are so many lyrics sites with blatant mistakes and some just copy off each other...and I caught a worm off a lyrics site that pretty much killed my computer once, so I'm a little cautious about clicking on them. Especially since I don't recall which site it was. redface

So far the best one seems to be, strangely enough, a geocities page.

http://www.geocities.com/Paris/2583/macarena.html

This one puts in the Aiiii-Hai! at what I think are the correct places, it's lyrics007.com.

6,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Spellcat
TanChan
Spellcat
TanChan
I wonder if the word macarena means anything.. I'm going to go and wikipedia it real quick XD

So, it's called Macarena because that rhymes with the original name in the song, Magdalena. Neat, I didn't know Macarena even was a name, I thought it was a nonsense word.

hahaha! by the end of this topic we shall know too much there is to know about the macarena

Right, like that I didn't know it was mostly in Spanish, either. I thought it was just a really fastly sung song and that was all that made it unintelligible to me.

Straight from wiki:
'a song about a young woman, the girlfriend of a recent recruit to the Spanish Army named Victorino, who celebrates his drafting by hooking up with two of his male friends. Macarena has a weakness for males in uniform, spending summers at Marbella, and dreams of shopping at El Corte Inglés (the major Spanish department store chain), moving to New York City and getting a new boyfriend'

ooh! if you find them you should hook me up! with translations!
we have the spanish one on our kareoke machine but no one in my family can sing it! XD it's too fast!

6,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I Ceymore Ratz
well highspeed internet has its advantages, but sleep is shutting me down so I must bid you wonderful people good night.

awww!! it was fun though! *huggle glomp*
I Ceymore Ratz
well highspeed internet has its advantages, but sleep is shutting me down so I must bid you wonderful people good night.

User Image

Oooh pretty.

I'm sorry you need sleep - or, wait - I'm sorry you're going. Yeah, that's it. 3nodding

Goodnight Ceymore. heart

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TanChan
Spellcat
TanChan

Straight from wiki:

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

User Image

6,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I Ceymore Ratz
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

this chicken looks so sad.. xd

6,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Spellcat
TanChan

6,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The song was associated with a distinctive fast dance. The song originally had no dance, until a Venezuelan Flamenco instructor created it for her class to dance to, and it eventually caught on with the rest of the world. The Macarena dance is performed in time with the refrain of the song. To perform the dance,

* One places his/her arms forward, palm down, right arm, then left arm.
* Then the dancer turns his arms over so that his palms are up, right, then left.
* The dancer puts his hands on his shoulders, first right hand on left shoulder, then left on right.
* Then the dancer puts his hands on the back of his head, again right, then left.
* The dancer then places his arms on his hips, right hand on left hip, then left on right
* Then the dancer's hands go on their respective hips (or pelvis), right then left
* The routine finishes with a pelvic rotation in time with the line "Ehhhh Macarena!"
* Then the dancer turns 90 degrees counter clockwise and repeats the same motions throughout the whole song.

An alternative version of the dance replaces the pelvic rotation with a series of pelvic thrusts, as shown in the video for Los del Rio's recording of the song.

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TanChan

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff