Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
Tenko72
I like Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, Mononoke, Franken Fran, and Gosick. The first tells three stories - the first is about a woman scorned who curses people, the second is about a bakeneko killing people, and the third is about these forgotten gods who kill and eat people and one falls in love with a person. The second is a spin-off of Ayakashi and it's about the medicine seller from the bakeneko one exorcising spirits. The third is about this girl and her really weird and freaky experiments. The last one is a mystery one and every mystery has a horror story/urban legend theme.
User Image

Franken Fran isn't an anime...OR IS IT?!

Franken Fran friggin' ROCKS. It's up there with Uzumaki. But those two are manga...

Rasaku kasaki
umm devil may cry maybe

...The DMC anime is SO NOT a horror, really. Unless you're very easily scared...

'Course, I'm just taking this from *ahem* the thought that the main topic is about truly horrorific anime...Otherwise...mm, some episodes of DMC, maybe...

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Lenighma

Franken Fran friggin' ROCKS. It's up there with Uzumaki. But those two are manga...

Aww, poo, I had no idea it hadn't been adapted into an anime, yet. I'm sure it'd be a good one.
User Image

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
Tenko72
Lenighma

Aww, poo, I had no idea it hadn't been adapted into an anime, yet. I'm sure it'd be a good one.
User Image

Mm hm. It'd have to have good animation, though. Nothing like that bright and childish stuff usually seen...Something like...well, a bit like Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust or something. I know it has an overall...not-so-threatening atmosphere and the art isn't dark at all, but it'd be a bummer to give it the usual stuff...

Oh, that's another one. It's nothing really frightening, but Vampire Hunter D has two movies, one from the 80s and another made in...2001 or 2000, I think. Both are good, but VHD: Bloodlust is just GORGEOUS. It's not on par with the original novel, I hear, but it's still decent.

Dangerous Genius

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mnenosyne is a great anime.
It's not really horror but more gore.
omg i love the horror animes they are fregggin awesoomeeeeee! i wanna (>'o')> animee!
(by the way thats hug not blow smile

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
How about Elfen Lied. It's pretty bloody but there is some nudity. There is also death note but I think that is much more of a suspense or a thriller.and Gantz it's violent and might not really be a horror. Sorry, I wish I was more help.

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
You should DEFINATELY check out Higurashi! The first one is the creepiest/scarriest, but i like "kai" better ^_^v!

Greedy Bloodsucker

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Highschool of the Dead, but it is a little pervertic ^^
I would recommend Boogiepop Phantom. AnimeNewsNetwork has it listed under the horror genre, as well as drama, mystery, psychological, and supernatural. It can be a little difficult to follow because each episode seems to be separate from the last, but it's definitely one of my favorites as far as horror goes. I would also recommend Serial Experiments Lain if you're looking for something more thrilling and suspenseful as opposed to overtly terrifying. The series is only thirteen episodes but a lot goes on in that limited time, and it's one of those series that if you miss an episode it's difficult to understand the rest of what's going on.

ETA The SoulTaker is also a decent, albeit short, horror anime; I don't know why I didn't think of that one when I typed this up before.

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
Watch High School of the Dead

Beloved Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Wall Street 200
  • nuGen Staff 25
dance in the vampire bund

Quick Reply