Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
mild_monotony
I'm also bummed about this... I wonder if Jayson Werth will stay with them..

Take this poll: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/Phillies_Stay_or_Go.html

Hopefully the current roster stays intact (keep Oswalt playing on Broad Street). Yes, I'm a Phils fan, as well (thanks to my Philly-area ex-girlfriend). I was heartbroken to see them fall to the (Barry) Bondsless Giants.

Beloved Lunatic

heart razz
Poor Phillies?!
Heaven forbid one of the two most worshipped baseball teams fails once.
They're proof that being a wealthy team doesn't get you everything.

Beloved Lunatic

Phillies got served by the Giants.

We don't suck anymore.

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Twisted_Misery
Poor Phillies?!

No, that would be the Red Sox and Yankees, which according to ESPN, are the only two MLB clubs in existence!

For the Phightin' Phils to have this type of publicity is nothing short of awesome, considering they've been a league doormat decade after decade after decade. Hell, the Phils were the first MLB club to lose 10,000 games!

On another note, despite spending a ton of money and not winning anything for over a century, everyone's attention is always focused here in Chicago on the Cubs! My White Sox win the City's first World Series Championship since 1917 five years ago, and we're still taking a back seat to the highly overrated Scrubs!

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Semi Aquatic Mammal
Phillies got served by the Giants.

We don't suck anymore.

I hear New York claiming otherwise, considering they were still there in 1954 when they won their last Fall Classic.
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Poor Phillies?!

No, that would be the Red Sox and Yankees, which according to ESPN, are the only two MLB clubs in existence!

For the Phightin' Phils to have this type of publicity is nothing short of awesome, considering they've been a league doormat decade after decade after decade. Hell, the Phils were the first MLB club to lose 10,000 games!

On another note, despite spending a ton of money and not winning anything for over a century, everyone's attention is always focused here in Chicago on the Cubs! My White Sox win the City's first World Series Championship since 1917 five years ago, and we're still taking a back seat to the highly overrated Scrubs!

Everyone was assuming the Phillies and Yankees would be in the world series once the playoffs started. They act as though Roy Halladay is the greatest pitcher of all time. I just feel as though they always have a lot of coverage, while no one cares about my Braves, who actually made it to the playoffs. I'll never understand the love for the Cubs. They've been horrible for what seems like my entire life, yet people act like they're a real contender.
Norman Obama
_emmylynne_
TrippingOverPokeballs
We lost the NLCS gonk They are my favorite MLB team and now I really don't like the Giants. D:

I didn't like the Giants in the beginning.

Who actually likes the Giants? Hell, not even San Francisco's great gay, pot-smoking population cares for them, either.

They haven't won a Fall Classic since 1954, when they were still in New York--the third longest (current) World Series drought in the majors.

I beg to differ! We in SF loves our Giants. You should see how the team really brings the entire community together :] We'll never stop believing!

P.S. and I'm not homosexual nor do I participate in the use of recreational drugs. Stereotypes sadden me. )':

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
11th Dimension
Norman Obama
_emmylynne_
TrippingOverPokeballs
We lost the NLCS gonk They are my favorite MLB team and now I really don't like the Giants. D:

I didn't like the Giants in the beginning.

Who actually likes the Giants? Hell, not even San Francisco's great gay, pot-smoking population cares for them, either.

They haven't won a Fall Classic since 1954, when they were still in New York--the third longest (current) World Series drought in the majors.

I beg to differ! We in SF loves our Giants. You should see how the team really brings the entire community together :] We'll never stop believing!

P.S. and I'm not homosexual nor do I participate in the use of recreational drugs. Stereotypes sadden me. )':

As well as you should. After all, the Giants are ahead three games to one. However you cannot discount my disdain for the Giants, considering they still have a dubious (national) reputation because of Barry Bonds' steroid usage. I don't care for either team, because my White Sox, Brewers, and Phillies aren't playing on November 1, which is today, of course.

P.S.: Well, San Francisco does possess the highest gay population out of any U.S. city (with New Orleans at #2), including my own Chicago. And pot-smoking poets like Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac gave your city that great drug rep. Why do you think Bonds' steroids supplier BALCO exists? Because they want put PepsiCo (the happy manufacturers of Gatorade) out of business? And as an added bonus, your state wants to legalize marijuana. Therefore, both do not indicate stereotypes.

P.S.S.: Bay Area drug usage helped Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi get reelected time and again--two Communist psychos who are bankrupting this country, thus making sure I and the rest of the working community retire with NOTHING. We can finally vote them out tomorrow, "ma'am!"

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Poor Phillies?!

Everyone was assuming the Phillies and Yankees would be in the world series once the playoffs started. They act as though Roy Halladay is the greatest pitcher of all time. I just feel as though they always have a lot of coverage, while no one cares about my Braves, who actually made it to the playoffs. I'll never understand the love for the Cubs. They've been horrible for what seems like my entire life, yet people act like they're a real contender.

That's true; even I said the same because it was a historic 95-mile Fall Classic, which reflected various Philadelphia/New York World Series (beginning with the 1905 World Series with the old Philadelphia Athletics versus the New York Giants). I wish "Doc" had that same rep when he was still a Blue Jay.

Actually, everyone has been giving your Bravos a ton of attention this year because of Bobby Cox' "retirement" (I still think Malone and Wren fired him). And since I live near Milwaukee, the Braves are still the buzz there, considering their Brewers can't win squat (Miller Park has a Braves Hall-of-Fame display near third base). And my dad was a old Milwaukee Braves fan when he was a teenager. Anyway, I was glad to see to see the Braves in the playoffs--really.

Well, the reason why Cub fans remain Cub fans is because of Wrigley Field's partying atmosphere--with the surrounding bars and the rich, unemployed Lakeview/Lincoln Park/Boystown Yuppies who certainly pack the house at 1:20 p.m. CST, which is when Cubbie games normally begin and when most people work. Try asking the half-nude Trixie or the shirtless Yuppie dude there what an E.R.A. is, and they'll say "duh." Check out any Cubbie games next year on WGN Superstation (which is WGN-TV Channel 9 here in Chi-Town) if you want more proof.
ZOMG I LUVS TEH PHILLIES!!!!! heart heart heart heart heart heart
Y did They Has to LOSES!!!1!!!! burning_eyes
User Image
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Poor Phillies?!

That's true; even I said the same because it was a historic 95-mile Fall Classic, which reflected various Philadelphia/New York World Series (beginning with the 1905 World Series with the old Philadelphia Athletics versus the New York Giants). I wish "Doc" had that same rep when he was still a Blue Jay.

Actually, everyone has been giving your Bravos a ton of attention this year because of Bobby Cox' "retirement" (I still think Malone and Wren fired him). And since I live near Milwaukee, the Braves are still the buzz there, considering their Brewers can't win squat (Miller Park has a Braves Hall-of-Fame display near third base). And my dad was a old Milwaukee Braves fan when he was a teenager. Anyway, I was glad to see to see the Braves in the playoffs--really.

Well, the reason why Cub fans remain Cub fans is because of Wrigley Field's partying atmosphere--with the surrounding bars and the rich, unemployed Lakeview/Lincoln Park/Boystown Yuppies who certainly pack the house at 1:20 p.m. CST, which is when Cubbie games normally begin and when most people work. Try asking the half-nude Trixie or the shirtless Yuppie dude there what an E.R.A. is, and they'll say "duh." Check out any Cubbie games next year on WGN (which is WGN-TV Channel 9 here in Chi-Town) if you want more proof.

I was glad the Braves got attention, but I was upset it was only because Bobby was retiring. It was one of the best seasons we've had in a very long time and I think it was celebrated for all the wrong reasons(being Bobby's retirement).

I've always wanted to live in a state that worshipped its teams no matter what their record was. Like everyone loving the Packers even though they're just an "iffy" team. I wish we had fans like the Cubs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff