• Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Poor Phillies?!
Heaven forbid one of the two most worshipped baseball teams fails once.
They're proof that being a wealthy team doesn't get you everything.

No, that would be the Red Sox and Yankees, which according to ESPN, are the only two MLB clubs in existence!

For the Phightin' Phils to have this type of publicity is nothing short of awesome, considering they've been a league doormat decade after decade after decade. Hell, the Phils were the first MLB club to lose 10,000 games!

On another note, despite spending a ton of money and not winning anything for over a century, everyone's attention is always focused here in Chicago on the Cubs! My White Sox win the City's first World Series Championship since 1917 five years ago, and we're still taking a back seat to the highly overrated Scrubs!

Everyone was assuming the Phillies and Yankees would be in the world series once the playoffs started. They act as though Roy Halladay is the greatest pitcher of all time. I just feel as though they always have a lot of coverage, while no one cares about my Braves, who actually made it to the playoffs. I'll never understand the love for the Cubs. They've been horrible for what seems like my entire life, yet people act like they're a real contender.

That's true; even I said the same because it was a historic 95-mile Fall Classic, which reflected various Philadelphia/New York World Series (beginning with the 1905 World Series with the old Philadelphia Athletics versus the New York Giants). I wish "Doc" had that same rep when he was still a Blue Jay.

Actually, everyone has been giving your Bravos a ton of attention this year because of Bobby Cox' "retirement" (I still think Malone and Wren fired him). And since I live near Milwaukee, the Braves are still the buzz there, considering their Brewers can't win squat (Miller Park has a Braves Hall-of-Fame display near third base). And my dad was a old Milwaukee Braves fan when he was a teenager. Anyway, I was glad to see to see the Braves in the playoffs--really.

Well, the reason why Cub fans remain Cub fans is because of Wrigley Field's partying atmosphere--with the surrounding bars and the rich, unemployed Lakeview/Lincoln Park/Boystown Yuppies who certainly pack the house at 1:20 p.m. CST, which is when Cubbie games normally begin and when most people work. Try asking the half-nude Trixie or the shirtless Yuppie dude there what an E.R.A. is, and they'll say "duh." Check out any Cubbie games next year on WGN Superstation (which is WGN-TV Channel 9 here in Chi-Town) if you want more proof.

I was glad the Braves got attention, but I was upset it was only because Bobby was retiring. It was one of the best seasons we've had in a very long time and I think it was celebrated for all the wrong reasons(being Bobby's retirement).

I've always wanted to live in a state that worshipped its teams no matter what their record was. Like everyone loving the Packers even though they're just an "iffy" team. I wish we had fans like the Cubs.

I agree that the Braves deserve more attention from the national press. They are, after all, one of the oldest clubs (along with the Cubs) and have predated the National League. Bravos fans deserve better than Cox retiring!

Well, it's not all what it's cracked to be to be a true Cubs fan. Why would anyone expect to be a true fan of a club that hasn't won a World Series since 1908? If teams didn't win in the past, they've move to another city. It's like these people are looking for shoulders to cry on, which explains, in part, why there's so many watering holes around Wrigley and along North Clark Street.

As for Packers fans, all I can say is that they worship football than they do Jesus or Barack Obama and would actually disembowel Bears fans! (And yes, I'm a Bears fan!)
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Poor Phillies?!
Heaven forbid one of the two most worshipped baseball teams fails once.
They're proof that being a wealthy team doesn't get you everything.

No, that would be the Red Sox and Yankees, which according to ESPN, are the only two MLB clubs in existence!

For the Phightin' Phils to have this type of publicity is nothing short of awesome, considering they've been a league doormat decade after decade after decade. Hell, the Phils were the first MLB club to lose 10,000 games!

On another note, despite spending a ton of money and not winning anything for over a century, everyone's attention is always focused here in Chicago on the Cubs! My White Sox win the City's first World Series Championship since 1917 five years ago, and we're still taking a back seat to the highly overrated Scrubs!

Everyone was assuming the Phillies and Yankees would be in the world series once the playoffs started. They act as though Roy Halladay is the greatest pitcher of all time. I just feel as though they always have a lot of coverage, while no one cares about my Braves, who actually made it to the playoffs. I'll never understand the love for the Cubs. They've been horrible for what seems like my entire life, yet people act like they're a real contender.

That's true; even I said the same because it was a historic 95-mile Fall Classic, which reflected various Philadelphia/New York World Series (beginning with the 1905 World Series with the old Philadelphia Athletics versus the New York Giants). I wish "Doc" had that same rep when he was still a Blue Jay.

Actually, everyone has been giving your Bravos a ton of attention this year because of Bobby Cox' "retirement" (I still think Malone and Wren fired him). And since I live near Milwaukee, the Braves are still the buzz there, considering their Brewers can't win squat (Miller Park has a Braves Hall-of-Fame display near third base). And my dad was a old Milwaukee Braves fan when he was a teenager. Anyway, I was glad to see to see the Braves in the playoffs--really.

Well, the reason why Cub fans remain Cub fans is because of Wrigley Field's partying atmosphere--with the surrounding bars and the rich, unemployed Lakeview/Lincoln Park/Boystown Yuppies who certainly pack the house at 1:20 p.m. CST, which is when Cubbie games normally begin and when most people work. Try asking the half-nude Trixie or the shirtless Yuppie dude there what an E.R.A. is, and they'll say "duh." Check out any Cubbie games next year on WGN (which is WGN-TV Channel 9 here in Chi-Town) if you want more proof.

I was glad the Braves got attention, but I was upset it was only because Bobby was retiring. It was one of the best seasons we've had in a very long time and I think it was celebrated for all the wrong reasons(being Bobby's retirement).

I've always wanted to live in a state that worshipped its teams no matter what their record was. Like everyone loving the Packers even though they're just an "iffy" team. I wish we had fans like the Cubs.

I agree that the Braves deserve more attention from the national press. They are, after all, one of the oldest clubs (along with the Cubs) and have predated the National League. Bravos fans deserve better than Cox retiring!

Well, it's not all what it's cracked to be to be a true Cubs fan. Why would anyone expect to be a true fan of a club that hasn't won a World Series since 1908? If teams didn't win in the past, they've move to another city. It's like these people are looking for shoulders to cry on, which explains, in part, why there's so many watering holes around Wrigley and along North Clark Street.

As for Packers fans, all I can say is that they worship football than they do Jesus or Barack Obama and would actually disembowel Bears fans! (And yes, I'm a Bears fan!)

Thank you. I love Bobby, but the past few years he hasn't been a very good manager. I hated how he was so stubborn that he'd play guys he thought were great when every fan could see there were about three people that should've come before his pick. I just hope our new manager is more sensible.

Maybe Cubs fans are as stubborn as Bobby. He should've gone to be a manager there. I understand what you're saying and completely agree with you.

Those cheeseheads are ridiculous. I wish I cared about anything as much as they care about the Packers though. The Bears; another team who never gets any credit. Also, the Falcons.

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery

Well, the reason why Cub fans remain Cub fans is because of Wrigley Field's partying atmosphere--with the surrounding bars and the rich, unemployed Lakeview/Lincoln Park/Boystown Yuppies who certainly pack the house at 1:20 p.m. CST, which is when Cubbie games normally begin and when most people work. Try asking the half-nude Trixie or the shirtless Yuppie dude there what an E.R.A. is, and they'll say "duh." Check out any Cubbie games next year on WGN Superstation (which is WGN-TV Channel 9 here in Chi-Town) if you want more proof.

Thank you. I love Bobby, but the past few years he hasn't been a very good manager. I hated how he was so stubborn that he'd play guys he thought were great when every fan could see there were about three people that should've come before his pick. I just hope our new manager is more sensible.

Maybe Cubs fans are as stubborn as Bobby. He should've gone to be a manager there. I understand what you're saying and completely agree with you.

Those cheeseheads are ridiculous. I wish I cared about anything as much as they care about the Packers though. The Bears; another team who never gets any credit. Also, the Falcons.

No problem, my friend. It's true Cox was lousy when choosing the proper pitchers in serious playoff games, which is likely what drove Lou Mazzone out of town. Fredi Gonzalez? He almost struck gold with the Marlins. We shall see, considering Bruce Wren was ready to throw a parade in honor of Fredi's hiring.

The problem is the Scrubs have had a long history of being cheap, like many of our other clubs. They would never shell out big money for great World Series managers like Cox. And this is one reason they re-signed Mike Quade instead of nabbing a Joe Girardi or Joe Torre, which is what this long suffering franchise NEEDS in a big league city!

They are ridiculous, but they're also funny to look at. In fact, I visited and ate at Lambeau Field last summer. That is true, but the reason Da Bears receive not much credit is because their ownership, talent, and coaching are lousy. Plus, the McCaskeys (the Bears' owners) will not pay for awesome talent and a head coach! The Falcons do have revolving seasons, so I could see why they're underappreciated, like my Bears.

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
mosquito98
ZOMG I LUVS TEH PHILLIES!!!!! heart heart heart heart heart heart
Y did They Has to LOSES!!!1!!!! burning_eyes
User Image

Because Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, and "Moonbeam" Jerry Brown probably threatened to sue the Phils, because they felt that everyone needs to win a World Series once instead of seeing the same teams compete in the Fall Classic every year! gonk

And yes, I am a Phightin' Phils fan, too, so I feel your pain! I hated storing my red Phils batting practice jersey back in the closet last week. mrgreen

6,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Citizen 200
The only reason my Phightin Phils lost to the San Fran Midgets
We were not consistent.
If we were, The Phils would be the "World ******** Chapions!"

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
TrippingOverPokeballs
We lost the NLCS gonk They are my favorite MLB team and now I really don't like the Giants. D:

Yeah I am sad about it too sad

Familiar Gaian

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
im from philly how do you think i feel talk2hand
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery

No problem, my friend. It's true Cox was lousy when choosing the proper pitchers in serious playoff games, which is likely what drove Lou Mazzone out of town. Fredi Gonzalez? He almost struck gold with the Marlins. We shall see, considering Bruce Wren was ready to throw a parade in honor of Fredi's hiring.

The problem is the Scrubs have had a long history of being cheap, like many of our other clubs. They would never shell out big money for great World Series managers like Cox. And this is one reason they re-signed Mike Quade instead of nabbing a Joe Girardi or Joe Torre, which is what this long suffering franchise NEEDS in a big league city!

They are ridiculous, but they're also funny to look at. In fact, I visited and ate at Lambeau Field last summer. That is true, but the reason Da Bears receive not much credit is because their ownership, talent, and coaching are lousy. Plus, the McCaskeys (the Bears' owners) will not pay for awesome talent and a head coach! The Falcons do have revolving seasons, so I could see why they're underappreciated, like my Bears.

Not to mention he left that idiot Nate McLouth in. His problem is that he finds one guy he likes and plays them no matter what. He sees something in them no one else sees, and no one ever gets to because they're terrible, like Nate. Fredi is changing quite a few things, so I feel hopeful about him.

We might've had the money for Cox, but we need money to get someone like Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez. It's crazy how cheap the Cubs are though. With all the money from the fans going to games that they get, you'd think they could do something with it.

I hope when you visited you weren't wearing another teams clothing. They might chase you away. Sounds like the Bears have the same problem with cheap owners like the Cubs do. Stubborn people thinking things will change on their own. I understand why the Falcons are underappreciated, but it's just very annoying when every single one of my teams is completely ignored, no matter how they do. The Falcons finally had back-to-back winning seasons, but no one cares.

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery

Not to mention he left that idiot Nate McLouth in. His problem is that he finds one guy he likes and plays them no matter what. He sees something in them no one else sees, and no one ever gets to because they're terrible, like Nate. Fredi is changing quite a few things, so I feel hopeful about him.

We might've had the money for Cox, but we need money to get someone like Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez. It's crazy how cheap the Cubs are though. With all the money from the fans going to games that they get, you'd think they could do something with it.

I hope when you visited you weren't wearing another teams clothing. They might chase you away. Sounds like the Bears have the same problem with cheap owners like the Cubs do. Stubborn people thinking things will change on their own. I understand why the Falcons are underappreciated, but it's just very annoying when every single one of my teams is completely ignored, no matter how they do. The Falcons finally had back-to-back winning seasons, but no one cares.

You're right: Cox knows more than we do, because we'll never manage on the Major League level I hope Fredi does great things to that team, and I don't want fans to forget everything Cox bought to the franchise.

You would think that the Cubbies could buy any player they wanted like the Yanks, but the plan for any team owner is to make money for themselves and their partners, not improve upon the product. Jeter and A-Rod? They'll never leave the Big Apple, but wishful thinking on your part. And Texas is still paying his salary! Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, or Luis Pujols would be a great addition to the Bravos.

Oh, no. I never wear any NFL garb in the summertime. I remember wearing my Miller Lite work shirt that day. How about EVERY TEAM in Chicago being solid, stubborn cheapstakes? This is why our Stanley Cup Championship team was dismantled last summer! And they know they'll never to improve on their teams, because Chicagoans are extremely gullible enough to attend. No LeBron James? No Amar'e Stoudamire? No problem! We got 21,000+ suckers filling the United Center 81 times a year! I care that the Dirty Birds are doing well; I could care less for the Saints and Bucs.
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery

You're right: Cox knows more than we do, because we'll never manage on the Major League level I hope Fredi does great things to that team, and I don't want fans to forget everything Cox bought to the franchise.

You would think that the Cubbies could buy any player they wanted like the Yanks, but the plan for any team owner is to make money for themselves and their partners, not improve upon the product. Jeter and A-Rod? They'll never leave the Big Apple, but wishful thinking on your part. And Texas is still paying his salary! Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, or Luis Pujols would be a great addition to the Bravos.

Oh, no. I never wear any NFL garb in the summertime. I remember wearing my Miller Lite work shirt that day. How about EVERY TEAM in Chicago being solid, stubborn cheapstakes? This is why our Stanley Cup Championship team was dismantled last summer! And they know they'll never to improve on their teams, because Chicagoans are extremely gullible enough to attend. No LeBron James? No Amar'e Stoudamire? No problem! We got 21,000+ suckers filling the United Center 81 times a year! I care that the Dirty Birds are doing well; I could care less for the Saints and Bucs.

I just had to trust him while he was here. I don't think we'll ever forget Bobby. Either Fredi joining the team will cause great changes and another great season, or it'll be "iffy" for awhile until we get used to the changes.

You'd think the Cubs could get anyone because of how popular they are. Oh I know they won't leave, I just wish there were more players like them in the league. Perhaps players that didn't want a salary equal to the profits of a small nation. Yeah me dad told me that and I didn't understand how that could be possible at all. I'd love any of those guys.

Oh, I see. If people were less money-hungry, I think every team could be great. As a Falcon lover, I've obviously despised the Saints and Bucs since birth. Drew Brees can take his overrated butt and enjoy sitting out the playoffs this season.

4,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery

I just had to trust him while he was here. I don't think we'll ever forget Bobby. Either Fredi joining the team will cause great changes and another great season, or it'll be "iffy" for awhile until we get used to the changes.

You'd think the Cubs could get anyone because of how popular they are. Oh I know they won't leave, I just wish there were more players like them in the league. Perhaps players that didn't want a salary equal to the profits of a small nation. Yeah me dad told me that and I didn't understand how that could be possible at all. I'd love any of those guys.

Oh, I see. If people were less money-hungry, I think every team could be great. As a Falcon lover, I've obviously despised the Saints and Bucs since birth. Drew Brees can take his overrated butt and enjoy sitting out the playoffs this season.

And you did well to retain that trust, and he’s given you a World Series flag (hope you weren’t too young enough to remember 1995). I have heard that Fredi gets along with everyone, unless they were trying to say so because of the fact that he’s Latino.

Well, the Cubbies' popularity does contribute to getting the free agents they get. And there will be more all-around players in the MLB like Jeter and A-Rod. Oh, no, you can’t take those high salaries away from these athletes. The Pandora’s Box has been opened! Your dad knows best, as did mine when it comes to sports. I learned much of my sports knowledge from my dad, who remembers the A’s still playing in Philadelphia; the Giants in New York; the Dodgers in Brooklyn; and the Braves in Milwaukee.

Unfortunately these team owners don’t think the same way as you and I do about our beloved teams. The competition is great, and we don’t want to play easy teams like the Pirates 162 times a year. That would be nice to see Brees sit his overrated butt next January. I nearly puked every time I saw his face on Sunday Night Football last night.
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery
Norman Obama
Twisted_Misery

And you did well to retain that trust, and he’s given you a World Series flag (hope you weren’t too young enough to remember 1995). I have heard that Fredi gets along with everyone, unless they were trying to say so because of the fact that he’s Latino.

Well, the Cubbies' popularity does contribute to getting the free agents they get. And there will be more all-around players in the MLB like Jeter and A-Rod. Oh, no, you can’t take those high salaries away from these athletes. The Pandora’s Box has been opened! Your dad knows best, as did mine when it comes to sports. I learned much of my sports knowledge from my dad, who remembers the A’s still playing in Philadelphia; the Giants in New York; the Dodgers in Brooklyn; and the Braves in Milwaukee.

Unfortunately these team owners don’t think the same way as you and I do about our beloved teams. The competition is great, and we don’t want to play easy teams like the Pirates 162 times a year. That would be nice to see Brees sit his overrated butt next January. I nearly puked every time I saw his face on Sunday Night Football last night.

I was only three when they won, but my dad has told me so much about it and I've seen so many clips about it that I feel like I was watching it when they won. Fredi seems like a pretty decent guy, so I think they'll like him.

If you took the salaries away everyone would be going to Europe or who knows where else to play. I've learned most of my sports knowledge from my dad and then some from my brother who has recently become obsessed. It seems like my dad remembers everything about every team.

We can't all be sensible humble human beings unfortunately. I personally hate playing the Marlins and if we never played them again, I'd be so happy. I hate Brees more than I hate Favre, and believe me when I say that I'm enjoying the horrible season he's having and his life falling apart. I hate when they build up players that don't deserve such recognition. I watched only a few mintues of Brees last night, just enough to see the score. The Giants are way more important to watch, even though I know they're going to be champions after tonight.

6,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
ThatGuyTheBountyHunter
We were not consistent.

thats true but also if roy halladay didnt have some stupid grion problem we woulve of won or even if they put out cole hamels we would of had a better chance of winning in game 6

Magical Noob

J-SIRE
im from philly how do you think i feel talk2hand

Me too, actually.

ThatGuyTheBountyHunter
We were not consistent.

Quoted for truth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items