Leadership Qualities - the Defining Qualities of efficient Leadership
Allow me to lay it out certainly.
3. Selfless and self sacrificing
6. Great communicators (the plan clearly and efficiently is communicated by them)
7. Reasonable and unprejudiced
8. Make the most of the potential http://www.comment8engage.com of their people by empowering them
9. Encircle themselves with folks smarter than they are
11. Acknowledge that they are infallible and admit errors when they make them
12. Have a burning desire to make a difference . . . a favorable difference
This list is by no means exhaustive. The truth is, I can go on and on.
But regardless of how long the list of leadership qualities is, I can let you know actually that without three of these leadership qualities you will necessarily fail as a leader.
What are these four uncompromising qualities of leadership that is effective?
2. Admit mistakes when you make themselves. Take corrective activities, move on, and learn from them
3. Maximize the potential of your folks and
4. Be selfless. Serve your folks as well as your organization. Abhor private gain.
The urge for private gain will colour your judgment and will lead you to the path of failure.
To exemplify, consider what happened recently in the firm where I work.
As I write this, I work for a global drink business with roots in the United Kingdom. My company's cocoa based beverage drink has about 50% share of the nation 's total cocoa based beverage market. Certainly, it turned into a huge operation.
Some two years back, my company's CEO and the finance manager were fired. Why?
Over statement of company accounts.
The company was not doing well. Instead of telling his managers thus, the CEO . . . with the collaboration of the finance director . . . Checked with the accounts to make the company appear great and consequently, retain his place as CEO. This situation went on for around three successive years before external auditors contracted by the parent company in the Uk detected the fraud.
And investors are told they shouldn't anticipate dividends for the following couple of years.
The CEO proved to be a young gifted fellow who'd been CEO of the business for over 10 years. My company's CEO was well respected in the community, even winning the position of "The Most Respected CEO" in my state twice.
What went wrong? What took CEO down?
1. The desire for greater prominence, greater popularity, and private gain.
2. Conceit. He refused to acknowledge he was wrong and wind down generation to match demand and marketplace opportunities (He had a vision to make the firm a billion dollar company by year 2010. project marathon).
When the market wasn't growing as fast as generation was growing, he refused to slow down creation. The factories kept on creating at break neck speed on getting more warehouses to keep what was created that could not be accommodated by the market and the firm kept)
3. He surrounded himself with 'yes men' - managers who were at his mercy . . . Managers who stood by and watched while the life investment of shareholders went down the drain
Make no mistake about it.
No matter how great you currently are, however intelligent you might be, irrespective of how many awards you've won, you may fail eventually if you're not a selfless leader.
Recall all the leadership qualities discussed above. But whatever you do, do not forget the four most important leadership qualities.
You can be a great leader. Successful leadership is within your reach. It starts by understanding leadership qualities you want essential for successful leadership.
these aspects can be learned. This really is your big opportunity.
Manage Your Items