[PRP] A Not So Guiding Light (Dath x Barazahi) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chaos stormed over the rogue lands, irritation filling his gut. He was torn with his actions months earlier, the better part of his soul fighting against the darker part over if what he had done was correct. It was driving him insane, and the only thing that he really wanted to do now was see Laana. Perhaps sending time with her would let him forget, and dealing with her wit would also silence the 'better' part of his soul. Some times he wish he could just kill it himself, but it wasn't possible. Not with the constant fear of what his sister might do to him if she found out. Hoepfully the stupid goddess would keep to herself, and silent.

He hadn't tired, but the idea of walking anymore irritated him even more. He wasn't near any sort of tree or rock, but with the falling sun, the heat wouldn't bother him too much. With a sigh, he flopped onto his side, letting his wings fold up behind him and his tail flop around as he took a break. Laana shouldn't be this hard to find, but it seemed that since her children grew up, she was always on the move. "Urg," he growled, grinding his teeth as he thought about the fact that she had laid with another. It filled him with fury, but he had never seen the male, and thus couldn't do anything about it. Someday....someday he would.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:12 pm
User Image
Barazahi walked through the lands. She never should've left camp this late- she doubted she'd make it back by nightfall. An exasperated look spread across her muzzle, she really only wanted to go back to her mate, Angu, and sleep next to him. She didn't sleep well anymore, but spent the time watching him sleep while nobody else watched her. She hated the way she had to keep secrets, especially one with feelings this strong. She wondered how long she'd be able to keep it in.

The group must certainly be heading South, all signs of trees and huge boulders had vanished. They must be further South, truly in the savannah, where there was no escape from that huge burning orb that hung so perfectly in the sky every day.

The lioness crested a small hill, peeking over the edge to see a red figure sprawled out on the ground. A male- she could tell from here. He was too bulky to be female, though his mane hadn't yet come into sight. She froze, pondering whether to avoid the male or greet him. She always greeted strange females, and always paused for males.

Raza took a step to avoid him, but at that very moment she took a bad step and her paw went crashing through an abandoned rodent's den, to which she yelped a small cry of pain, muffling it as best she could. She'd twisted something, but managed to get her paw out of the hole well enough. She doubted she could run, and awaited to see exactly how deeply asleep the male had been.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:27 pm
"Mmmn?"

The large lion glanced over his shoulder, noticing that a lioness had stuck her paw into a rat's den. Fitting, in his mind. Perhaps she had seen him, and tried to sneak up on him for whatever reason that mortals fancied. But instead, she had failed. Pity. Because Dath was now more then willing to give her his attention while waiting for the urge of finding Laana to resurface.

He rolled over to face the female, trying to entice her to come over. He didn't want to chace after her, but he did want to use her to pass a little time. Timid ones were the best, and so much easier to play with.

"Why don't you come here, little blue lioness, since you obviously were coming my way anyway, correct?" His tail flopped in front of his hind legs, his head held high as he waited for a response. Probably wasn't going to be what he wanted, but the big oaf was so full of himself that nothing like that would cross his mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:50 am
Raza froze for a moment upon hearing his voice, having hoped not to wake him up. She couldn't interpret the purpose behind his words, but for some reason she didn't trust the large lion, whom she did not yet realize was a god. She checked around her quickly to seek an easy out, or perhaps another blue lioness she could say he'd heard, but found none. If only Angu were here... Raza thought woefully as she turned to head towards the male.

She covered up her limp the absolute best that she could and headed towards him, hiding her reluctance better than her limp. She gritted her teeth to help avoid the pain.

"I was headed that way," She said as she stood, weight shifted off her hurt paw, farther away than she would stand from a normal lion. "Until I realized it was that way-" She gestured the way she had been heading to avoid him, "-that I needed to go." It was a complete lie, but the stranger didn't need to know that.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:01 pm
"Aaaah, I see. Well, then," he started, pondering over what exactly he should say to her. It was obvious that she tried to avoid him, though he hadn't a clue if it was because he was a god, or because he was male. Maybe both? His eyes watched her carefully, trying to get an educated guess. He must of been dense this evening, though, because he really couldn't notice anything too much out of the ordinary. Just the normal nervousness. Siiiigh.

"And just where are you going, then? Sounds to me like you're a little lost." It was the truth, and though it seemed like he was offering to help her, he was mainly just wanting to pass the time. Something that the younger Dath did all the time, as his curiosity in mortals never seemed to fully disappear. Such entertaining little beasts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:51 pm
"I know where it is I need to go," She said, hiding as much fear as she could. "I've got my family's camp, a little ways away," she said, considering what to do should he say he'd take her there. She didn't trust the stranger, did she want to lead him to her family? To her mate? What if he was dangerous- dangerous enough to kill one of her family members? She'd never been this cautious before, but she'd also never seen a winged lion. The first thought that had popped into her head was that, perhaps, he was a god. She didn't know for sure, only because she'd never met one, but what else could he be? Not only did he have wings, but also a horn... She was wary of him, just because of these.

She was having a great deal of trouble staying balanced, so she sat and lifted her paw so it rested on her toes. She'd have Angu look at it later. She hoped he wouldn't notice, but she doubted it; her hurt joint was obvious. "I'm Barazahi," she said, hoping to get a name out of him. "Raza, for short." She hoped his name was familiar, from her religion. What would she tell mother if he wasn't?

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:19 pm
Dath used his massive black forepaws to push himself up into a sitting position, so he could seem a bit more intimidating, but also because he was sick of the little ant bites he was getting here and there. Blasted things. After settling himself on his haunches, his attention flashed back to the blue lioness. "Well, Raza, you're certainly bold for telling my your name outright. It is something that one does not forget, and pray that it doesn't turn around and kick you like a gazelle."

He flexed his wings a bit, but didn't flare them out to how far they could spread out; he didn't see the need to. While they could use a stretch, he only wanted to intimidate the girl, not scare her away. There wasn't any fun in chasing them, anyway. "If you were wondering for my name, you may have it, though," he said, with little care. "I'm Chaos, or as mortals call me, Dathcharu'kai. Though such a....lovely lady as yourself can call me Dath."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:36 pm
She folded her ears back and turned her face from him, though she kept eye contact. His words were, indeed, disturbing just because of the tone. Normally his compliment would've boosted her ego considerably, but now it only made her more suspicious. She squinted at him a tad. At his implication that he was a god, she couldn't hold her tongue any longer.

"You mean to say that you're a god? God of Chaos? Ha!" She said, trying to act confident in the laugh. "That's impossible, there are only three gods," she said, remembering the tales her mother had taught her. There were more goddesses, but there was no such thing as a god of chaos. "You must be wonderful at illusions, Dath," she said, trying to boost her confidence- trying to convince herself. "I don't buy it." She folded her ears forward and turned her head to face him straight on. Probably a foolish choice, but she found the words coming out of her mouth before she got a chance to think.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:25 am
Dath's golden eyes shrank to small slits, glaring at the lioness in front of him. His view of mortals changed as easily as the weather on the mountains, and now he was not pleased. Mortals should learn to fear gods, and not act like this little blue lioness was. He seethed, his teeth clenched. What should he do? Play with her a bit, then, maybe.

"Illusions are my specialty," he started out, a little coldly. He closed his eyes, concentrating for a moment (as if he had to), before letting out his favourite illusion; that of smoke. His black paws seemed to disappear, replaced with a semi-transparent black smoke that crawled up his legs. He opened his eyes back up again, investigating his paw as he picked it up, and looked over at the lioness, trying to keep in his excitement of seeing her expression.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:51 am
Her initial expression she didn't have time to cover. Raza was amazed- astounded, even- that the male's paw just vanished and was now smoke. He couldn't do that, really, could he? She stared puzzled at it, trying to explain what her eyes were telling her.

Well, whatever he was doing with his paw was the same as what he was doing with his wings and horn. Why wasn't she so impressed about those? Yes, the male was an illusionist, and that was it. She managed a more straight face. "That's great, but it's the same thing that you're doing with your horns and wings. Perhaps the gods have blessed you," She said while she rose to her feet. She didn't feel comfortable around this lion anymore, it was time to make her exit, if she could manage it. "Nice to have met you, Dath," Raza said.

She gritted her teeth as she took her first step off to the side, hoping the lion wouldn't follow her, but he probably would.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:13 am
"Ohohoho, you're finally faced with the truth and you just decide to leave? That, my dear, is what we call ignorance." He took one step forward, the flames from his paws vanishing in an instant. His eyes shot a glance at her face, knowing that she was hiding fear behind them.

In another instant, the wings, horn, and jewelry that adorned his body also disappeared, so he looked nothing more then a simple, but oddly coloured mortal. He was curious to know what her expression would be then, but that was if she bothered to mention anything. "Is this better for you? Or would you prefer this supposed facade that you force upon yourself? You can deny it all you want, but there are other gods out there." He finished this statement with a growl, not pleased that there was such ignorance in the world. "Some much kinder then I though, child."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:55 am
"Look, Dath, it's bad enough as it is, alright?" She said, not really caring at this point about how much damage he could do. She was already mad at herself for a sliver- and a growing sliver at that- to believe him.

"You see," she stopped and faced him, wondering why on earth she would be telling him this. "Our religion believes not only that there is no god of chaos, but also that rogues are heathens, and shouldn't be spoken to. I've already broken that rule, I'd like to keep rule-breaking to a minimum." She looked at his now-oddity-free form. "Besides, a smoky paw doesn't seem very... chaotic." She wondered how the male would take that. She wasn't sure what had driven her to tell him all that much about her personal life, but more and more he seemed right. What would she do when she got home?

He must be a decendant from Father Sky or something- there's no other way, she thought to herself. Yes, that had to be it.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:11 pm
Dath was momentarily dumbfounded. What god would have so much control over it's worshippers to say that even harmless little rogues are taboo to speak to? He was intent on figuring out just who this god was, and finding out why they held so much control. He might be able to learn a thing or two from them.

He lept towards her, swinging around her side and skidding around in front of her. He was determined to find it out, even if he had to beat it out of her. When he landed in front of her, his illusion dropped, and his wings returned first, their outstretched length warning the lioness to not bother trying to escape, as he could just fly right after her. His horn appeared back next, his head lowered in a not-so-happy manner. His jewelry was heard before seen, it making a tinking noise as it settled back on his neck.

"Fine, I will let you go when you tell me of this pride that you reside, in, this religion that you speak of." He ignored her taunt of his powers. He knew little of his powers, but could see them growing inside of him. It was something that even he feared, but once that power overtook him, he wouldn't be the same beast, and he knew it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:27 pm
Barazahi halted as he swung around. She was no longer weirded out by the horn, wings, or jewelry. She accepted them as part of who this stranger was. She would not, and clearly couldn't attempt an escape. She looked at the stranger, unsure of many things. Was he planning an attack? She had no idea what his intentions were with this information.

She sat down, making it clear that she wasn't going to attempt an escape, though, her tail flicked irritatedly behind her, showing that she did want out of the situation. "There is no real name for our religion. Or rather, if there is, I do not know it," She said, glancing away. "You're not planning an attack on us, are you?" She asked. She knew it would be better for her to die and him not to know, if that was the case. Did she really have the courage to do that? Could she really act as noble as a shujaa? Didn't matter, she needed the answer to that question before she continued.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:58 am
The god narrowed his eyes to study her, his body still for the moment. He withdrew a bit, obviously playing out to be a bit hurt. "Attack? I never even thought of that. I am merely just curious to try and find these god friends of yours, that is all." It wasn't far from the truth, but he had absolutely no leads to go on except for this blue lionss and her name.

He waited impatiently, wondering what she would say to him. He felt like it was the last thing he could do, and he wouldn't dare do anything to get himself in trouble; at least, not yet. Time would tell with what he would do later.

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff