Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Suicide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:27 am
I have decided to discuss this in this guild instead of LI because of religious viewpoints. We are born, we die, and hopefully make our way to heaven. But why? I am going to live my life, and die, and go to heaven. But why? What is the point of doing all this over a lifetime to just leave it behind? Suicide would preform an act of getting me to heaven quicker. Thats 70 (aprox) years of misery, hell, sadness, and all the other trechories of life I wouldn't have to live through. I would die, and be in heaven. Its perfect. Why stick around when access to a MUCH better place is within reach. Right there just waiting. Why not, its better that just staying here.

I understand friends, family, and others would be devastated. But time heals all wounds. If anything, it would have a positive impact on the community. The final push to my friends religion (or the lack of), could somehow make him see through God the truth. The community would be bettered. They would thrive through sadness and sorrow, they would better themselves because of the loss. Its a win-win. Whats your opinion on the matter?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:23 am
It expressly says in the Bible that suicide is forbidden. It's an affront to God, supposedly. I'm an atheist myself, and I'm going to tell you that this is the most stupid and selfish argument I've ever heard. To put yourself above others to get into 'heaven' early shows a terrible weakness. Your family and friends should matter more than that to you.
Also, your suicide could just make your friends disgusted and veer away from faith.  

loIitoads

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:43 am
catgirlsPLZ
It expressly says in the Bible that suicide is forbidden. It's an affront to God, supposedly. I'm an atheist myself, and I'm going to tell you that this is the most stupid and selfish argument I've ever heard. To put yourself above others to get into 'heaven' early shows a terrible weakness. Your family and friends should matter more than that to you.
Also, your suicide could just make your friends disgusted and veer away from faith.

I agree with you about 75%.
A true Christian believer thinks about others before him/her self.
God put Christians here to follow our Christ and help this world as I believe.

But as for suicide; you wouldn’t have those 70, 80 years of misery, pain and suffering if you believed in God. Now if you have a mental or physical thing THAT brings you to your knees and your unable to do anything, look at Steven Hawking, very successful man. But look at his condition.
But suicide is the easy way out, I mean, my life’s hard! I admit my knives looked friendly at times. At one time it got so bad I called my best friend to come and pick up all my weapons, I was only left a plastic knife for cutting my food!
Suicide is the easy way out.
If you had faith in some religion you would understand that you’re being tested or that evil, meaning Satan, is trying to pull you away from your faith...

Now, for the suicide bombers in Iraq and over in the Middle East...
I mentioned it because it was going to come up at one time or another...
I really don’t know... There Muslim Fundelmentlist Extremist...
If you don’t believe like them, you should die, and killing Millions of people is the way to get to paradise and get 40 virgins, and I hate insulting faiths, but APRIL FOOLS!
Lol

I hope some of this cleared it up for you!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:33 am
catgirlsPLZ

Could you please show me that verse?  

Shiroi Kokoro no Mendori

Faith Fairy

Crew

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:43 am
"You shall not kill." Several places if you need the reference I can get it. So killing is a sin, for which normally you could ask forgiveness afterwards, but if it's the last sin you commit and then die, you haven't had a chance to ask and receive forgiveness. Sounds like a bad idea to me if all you want is into heaven early. As for avoiding a life of trials, that's like saying "I'd like a shortcut to God that avoids all His lessons for me." Um, nope, don't think so.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:15 pm
Faith Fairy
"You shall not kill." Several places if you need the reference I can get it. So killing is a sin, for which normally you could ask forgiveness afterwards, but if it's the last sin you commit and then die, you haven't had a chance to ask and receive forgiveness. Sounds like a bad idea to me if all you want is into heaven early. As for avoiding a life of trials, that's like saying "I'd like a shortcut to God that avoids all His lessons for me." Um, nope, don't think so.

Thats true...  

dirtdevilgrunt13

Spartan1989

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:11 pm
I do believe suicie is terribly wrong. However, I belive when you accept Christ he forgives you for your past, present, and FUTURE sins. Meaning there is no need to keep on repenting (but you can if you want to show the Lord that you are really sorry for the wrong you have commited.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:30 am
Spartan1989
I do believe suicie is terribly wrong. However, I belive when you accept Christ he forgives you for your past, present, and FUTURE sins. Meaning there is no need to keep on repenting (but you can if you want to show the Lord that you are really sorry for the wrong you have commited.)

Which would of course be true, if you were totally repentant of your sins. However, commiting suicide to get into heaven is greed, putting yourself before your families and projecting yourself, as it were, to paradise. Envy, of those already in heaven, shown by your impatience, and certainly a degree of pride, that you think you deserve to go before everyone else and that they can just get over it.

@ADirtyRottenPedophile: There is no specific verse, which you'll have to forgive me for (I'm not a Christian and so I'm not super-clear on the bible). There are various interpretations of 'thou shalt not kill'. I beleive this post condemns his reasons rather than his actions, though, and is more constructive.

Also: your name is awesome.  

loIitoads

Zher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:40 am
OK OK OK

I wont kill myself. Calm down and let this die and sink to the bottom of the threads. Bad memory. I regret the act of thinking it was something I was going to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:50 am
Zher
OK OK OK

I wont kill myself. Calm down and let this die and sink to the bottom of the threads. Bad memory. I regret the act of thinking it was something I was going to do.

Chill, kid. Life's worth living for most people anyway. Enjoy it while you can.  

loIitoads

tep

Benevolent Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:08 am
Zher
I have decided to discuss this in this guild instead of LI because of religious viewpoints. We are born, we die, and hopefully make our way to heaven. But why? I am going to live my life, and die, and go to heaven. But why? What is the point of doing all this over a lifetime to just leave it behind? Suicide would preform an act of getting me to heaven quicker. Thats 70 (aprox) years of misery, hell, sadness, and all the other trechories of life I wouldn't have to live through. I would die, and be in heaven. Its perfect. Why stick around when access to a MUCH better place is within reach. Right there just waiting. Why not, its better that just staying here.

I understand friends, family, and others would be devastated. But time heals all wounds. If anything, it would have a positive impact on the community. The final push to my friends religion (or the lack of), could somehow make him see through God the truth. The community would be bettered. They would thrive through sadness and sorrow, they would better themselves because of the loss. Its a win-win. Whats your opinion on the matter?
Trust me, bro, you don't want to commit suicide. It tears your family and friends apart. I would know, one of my friend's commited suicide last year and I can tell you that everyone in my school was in shock. This is not an everyday happening where I live. Like I said, it tears your family and friends apart. I really miss Jared and I hope that he is forgiven, but I cannot garuantee anything.

I tried to commit suicide before, but I was a little kid and tried to kill myself in an impossible way(but I didn't know it was impossible at the time). I fear that I may have accidently sold my soul and (if]/B] I did) I pray that I get it back so I am able to give it to God and Jesus for the rest of eternity.

Just trust me, it's better to wait for you time to go, no matter how long or hard that path maybe.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:12 pm
[quote="catgirlsPLZ"]It expressly says in the Bible that suicide is forbidden. It's an affront to God, supposedly. I'm an atheist myself, and I'm going to tell you that this is the most stupid and selfish argument I've ever heard. To put yourself above others to get into 'heaven' early shows a terrible weakness. Your family and friends should matter more than that to you.

where? I have never seen that. In fact my pastor says it is never directly dealt with. And trust me, he's read so many different versions of the bible. In different languages too.

But, alright.
I also think I know how you feel a lot of the time.
But mainly I just miss my mom. So, I'd do a lot to see her again. Sometimes things get hard. And, I hope that this doesn't die, because if you're like me, you feel like suicide more than once. And sometimes it's good to see that it's not a good idea, and that you thought it was dumb. Sometimes it helps.  

DeanWinchester

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:23 am
DeanWinchester
catgirlsPLZ

where? I have never seen that. In fact my pastor says it is never directly dealt with. And trust me, he's read so many different versions of the bible. In different languages too.

But, alright.
I also think I know how you feel a lot of the time.
But mainly I just miss my mom. So, I'd do a lot to see her again. Sometimes things get hard. And, I hope that this doesn't die, because if you're like me, you feel like suicide more than once. And sometimes it's good to see that it's not a good idea, and that you thought it was dumb. Sometimes it helps.

One, sort your tags out. Two, read all of the posts before quoting one of the first ones. I did concede that it depends on your reading of certain passages, and that I am not that familiar with the text myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:36 pm
Zher

blueprints for the black market...

What if God was planning to use you to shine light on thousands of other people?
What if He was going to use you to save just one more?
What if all He wanted out of you was to shine a little bit of light on others jsut to set a spark in their soul?
Would you say your life was worth living then?
Sure, life seems like hell now and again,
I've even had the whole depression/ cutting/ suicide experience come around,
But when we decide to end our lives early...
It's like...
Just think of all the people who could possibly come to christ just because we say one word?
What if one more kind act in our lives could have made that one little nudge someone needed to be saved forever?
I think I'd much rather wait and give all I could ever, ever, possibly give and let God decide when my deed is done.

...anberlin

Donate your extra tickets? Them's mighty appretiated!

Arachibutyrophobic

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff