WARNING: THIS PAGE IS ARCHIVED AND OBSOLETE

User Image
Hello! Welcome to the breeding thickets in the forest. This is a safe fenced in area where your Soquilis can have babies of their very own! When they are born, Soquili babies are placed in pretty baskets. Tasunke will be keeping watch so that everything goes smoothly, even if the breeders are not around. wink Please read all the rules & FAQ.

Basic Rules
1. Breeding slots are first come-first serve basis
2. RP of Soquili couples is encouraged but not mandatory
3. No reserving of breeding slots
4. If your soquili does not want his/her baskets, then PM Soquili to arrange them to be raffled/flatsold through the shop. You will get 25% of the sales. The breeder gets 50% and the shop gets the remaining 25%. Selling is only allowed twice per owner.
5. A breeding fee of 6k per owner applies to get a thicket.
6. Soquilis have 2 babies standard. With increased stats, it may be possible to have more.
7. You may give away your Soquili's baskets to friends but selling them yourself is prohibited and could lead to your pet being taken away.
8. It is your responsibility to pick names & owners for your Soquili's baskets.
9. You must have permission from the other owner when breeding (unless you own both soquilis). This permission needs to be posted and approved by both owners in the permission thread before getting any breedings.
10. Soquilis can only breed three times.
11. They can choose to only mate with one life partner or multiple partners
12. Male/Female mates only.
13. Adult soquilis are the only ones who can breed
14. Two soquilis owned by the same owner can breed together but the owner can only keep one of the pets and has to give away the rest.
15. Owners may only keep one basket from a breeding. This goes for the owners of the parents OR any friends that are given parents; indiviuals may only have their name on ONE basket from a breeding. This goes for full ownership OR partial ownership.
16. Both owners and all relevant co-owners MUST have posted permission for the breeding in the permissions thread prior to the close of any breeding raffle/contest. In the case of a speed breeding slot grab, permission must be in place prior to the game starting. In the case of raffles, permission must be in before the raffle closes. Soquili lacking permission will be removed/disallowed
17. Soquili must be adults for at least one month to breed (one month from arrival if gotten as an adult, one month from date of growth to adult if life-cycle)
18. If your horse wins a breeding raffle, they may not be allowed to enter another breeding raffle, regardless of who the other partner is, until two months have passed afterwards. (So if your horse wins a breeding raffle slot in January, they can't be entered into another breeding raffle until April).
19. Individual owners may have up to two Soquili pairs involved in breedings in a given month as long as both pairs in a single raffle are not entered by the same person. <-updated 05/01/08
(more as necessary)

Raffle Rules
1. If you have won a breeding slot within the last two months, you may not apply for slots with EITHER involved parent.
2. For any rp categories, RP must have started at least 2 weeks before breeding slots open. In order to qualify for the rp raffle, couples must have trackable/verifiable romantic and/or hormonal rp. Two oppositely gendered Soquilis discussing the weather by the river are NOT eligiblefor that category and will be moved to the first category accordingly. Staff will determine if your RP is enough to qualify.
3. Permission for the breeding must be supplied by BOTH owners and all relevant co-owners prior to the raffle being closed. This permission must be posted in the permission thread, and it is the responsibility of all owners to make sure they, the other owner, and all co-owners have posted.

Breeder-run breeding rules
1. Each owner may only be involved in two pairs a month ACROSS THE BOARD. This means that if you are involved in two pairs in the first event and one wins, you may only be involved in one pair for all remaining events (in the case that all breeders run events in a month, this means that there would be six events a month). If your second pair wins in the first event as well, you can't have Soquili in any more events.
2. Each person can enter no more than one pair in each raffle, though a second (if not both pairs, in some cases as per rule 19) of your Soq's may be entered by the couple's other owner, or by a co-owner. If your pair wins, you yourself (or your partner or co-owner) may enter in another raffle for that month, but you can only have ONE pair entered in the rest of the raffles for that month, not two (as you've already won one of your limit of two breedings per month!) [<- Updated 5/01/08]
3. The waiting period on pairs breeding is across the board as well. If a pair wins with Lil one month, they can't be entered in ANY of the colorists' event the next month
4. Breeding holds apply for the entire month's events. Soquili on the broken lifemates list may not enter ANY of the colorists' events fpr the months they are banned.
5. Breeders have the right to place conditions on their raffles/events; as long as these conditions are clearly stated, breeders have the right to DQ couples/owners in violation, i.e. requiring entries to be posted in a specific format
~More as necessary~

Breeding FAQ
Can I keep my soquili's babies?
-Sure! I do think it is more fun for your baby to be RPed by someone else but it is your call!

How come I can only raffle or flatsale my baskets off? Why not auction?
-With raffles and flatsales, you only get gold. It is easier to distribute the amounts when the raffle is over. Also, I do not want these pets to be 'gold makers' or 'baby machines'. You can only do the selling twice.

I don't have any friends to give my soquili's babies to and I don't want to sell them!
-You can just return the baskets to the shop and we will choose someone to give them to. It will probably be a dedicated lurker or questor.

Wait, I'm confused. Do co-owned Soquili count for the limit?
-Yes, for the active owner. For breeding purposes, the active owner is the person who would DEFINITELY get a basket that breeding, as per the breeding agreement; even if the other co-owner enters the pair, they count towards the active co-owner's limit.

I co-own a Soquili, but we have no co-own agreement. Does that mean my co-owner doesn't have to post permission?
-No. If there is no co-own agreement, it is assumed that the Soquili is completely co-owned in a 50-50 setup. Both co-owners must post permission for these Soquilis to be entered.

Ok, so who is the active owner of co-owned soqs with no agreements?
-The co-owners are both held accountable unless both clearly state that only one of them (an agreed on one) will be getting a basket.

My pair wasn't put in the category I signed them up for!
-This means one of two things. Check your post and make sure you entered them in the right categories; if you typed the wrong thing, they might have been put in the wrong thing. Additionally, rp entrants and rp contest entrants have their rp status checked; if your pair doesn't meet the requirements, they'll be moved.

My pair isn't in the contest at all!
-If a pair is lacking permission, they aren't added to the contest until the permissions are all posted. If the permission doesn't make it before the deadline, the couple is out. Sorry!
-Otherwise, your pair might have been either your or the other owner's third pair. In this case, it was removed at the over-entered owner's discretion.

How much rp do I need to have a homosexual breeding? And how does that work, anyway?
- For male/male couples, the couple would need a surrogate female to have the baby for them. That female would get pregnant by one of the males and the offspring would look like her and that male; for female/female breedings, they'd need a sperm donor for one of the females The setting for soquili breeding is more true to life so ff and mm can't have kids without a surrogate female or male. You would need lots of RP to back up the pairing, which would have to be approved by the rp staff as 'enough' Also, the soquili couple have to stay homosexual. They can't decide they like females/males and ditch their life partner. I know there are bisexuals but the homosexuals would have to lifemate since it's a big deal having children and brining a surrogate female into the family. Another route is adoption for a homosexual couple.. like if an owner got a basket at a sale and there is no adults to raise the child in the RP setting. The males/females could raise that child as their own and build a fun relationship together.

Additionally, in order for the homosexual couple to breed, both owners must post permission in addition to the surrogate's owner. These are actual relationships, and both owners have to be alright with one of them having a child with another Soq.

But that's not a true homosexual breeding!
-Tough. This isn't a technical or truly magical setting; there's no way for homosexual couples to have children possessing the genes of both 'parents'. Homosexual relations are not a standard element of Soquili breedings, and should NOT be entered into for the sake of children.

What about rl slots?
-Rl slots count as breeding slots the month they are purchased. Breeding slots claimed in December count towards the involved owners' totals for the month.

But in the rl slots, an owner can have four! Does that mean we can have four pairs in Gaia breedings, too?
-No. The rl slots are slightly different from the Gaia slots in the sense that more slots are available to a given owner. However, they still count as Sirenz's breeding slots for the month, so if you're lucky there, then no entering the Gaia slots.

Aren't the rl slots bribes, though? Why should they count?
-Technically, the rl slots aren't bribes, though they do share some bribe qualities. Rl breedings have set prices and are first come, first served, so basically breeding slots distributed by speed rather than raffle.

When my soquili's baby grows to an adult..can my soquili mate with their own baby?
-Yuck! Soquili incest isn't allowed. -_-
(more when i can think of or asked)

User Image