Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:16 pm
I've been pondering this for a while: are there any Force-based organizations that worship the Force, not made up of Force-users?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:14 pm
The Jeedai Heresy  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Magda Strongfang

Romantic Shapeshifter

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:04 pm
Question for all you Mando'ade out there. Is it possible for a non-Human to become a Mandalorian? I have heard of the stories of taking war/battle-orphaned children. But, I have not heard of any "adoption" of a non-Human being trained as a Mando.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:21 pm
It's very possible, and has happened before.

The thing here, is that Mandalorians refer to several things:

1- The 'native' people of Mandalore
2- The taung, or true Mandalorian species
3- Mandalorian culture
4- Mandalorian innovation, such as Mandalorian vehicle and weapon designs

While most Mandalorians are human, as well as the vast majority of Mandalore's population being human, there are non-human Mandalorians out there  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:31 pm
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rodian_Manda.jpg

That should explain a lot.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 pm
Desmond Belmonte
Question for all you Mando'ade out there. Is it possible for a non-Human to become a Mandalorian? I have heard of the stories of taking war/battle-orphaned children. But, I have not heard of any "adoption" of a non-Human being trained as a Mando.
EK and Nelo got to this one before I could, but yes it is more than possible.
The life of a Mando'ad is based on loyalty to family, seeking honor and glory in battle, and bettering oneself through conflict. They are a great people and part of that comes from their nomadic nature. They have travelled around conquering planets and with that comes absorbing those people into your own culture. And no matter how many thousands of species Mando'ade have welcomed into their ranks or different technology or culture, they have never changed their core values. They have stood the test of time.

The saying "aliit ori'shya tal'din" translates roughly into "family is more than bloodlines." It's a prime example of the Mandalorian view on how anyone who proves themselves can be accepted into Mando culture. And while cases of adoption of humans are the ones most upfront and in plain sight, there is no way that a mando'ad would deny someone who's proven their loyalty, trust, and capability simply because they were an alien species. Besides, being a Mandalorian is as simple as following the Resol'nare.

rolleyes  

Jaden_Ordo

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 pm
Also consider the original Mandalorians were Taung, a non-human species  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm
Thanks for your help. I was making an OC who was a non-human Mandalorian. Kaddrei al-Hiroslav, a Kaleesh who is raised by a Mandalorian friend of his father's when he's orphaned. Now it at least sounds crediable.  

Magda Strongfang

Romantic Shapeshifter

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:03 am
Considering most Mandos seem like a hot-headed warrior bunch, I don't really see how a Falleen would fit in, but w/e

Fact of the matter is, yes, there are 'alien' Mandos  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:25 pm
Another Mando question:

Has there ever been an established Mandalorian to be trained as a Jedi?  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 pm
Canon? probably not. The Two organizations don't really see eye to eye.

However, my theory is that the Jensaari's origins, if they weren't already established, would be the probable result of said conjoining.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 pm
I know established Jedi have been taken in and trained as Mandalorians, but I can't say I know of any cases of the opposite.  

Jaden_Ordo

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:26 am
I know they've always been at odds. There's several milennia with them being on opposite sides of wars and the moral compass.

I'm just pretty sure I've seen an article somewhere about one of the Mando's having been a Jedi. I think it was 2ndGCW-era  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:40 pm
ElladanKenet
Considering most Mandos seem like a hot-headed warrior bunch, I don't really see how a Falleen would fit in, but w/e

Fact of the matter is, yes, there are 'alien' Mandos

....Kaleesh =/= Falleen.

Next question on my part. Why did Palpatine stop the production of Clone Troopers, replacing them with "stormies"?  

Magda Strongfang

Romantic Shapeshifter

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:46 pm
Why the Empire stopped using cloning  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [>] [»|]