Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:54 pm
Welcome to Galactic Mysteries, where you can theorize about anything in the Star Wars Galaxy. Post your own theories, or expand on anothers. The mysteries are yours to be solved.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:57 pm
I theorize that, if the members were more active, we could promote someone...

I also theorize that my wookiewoks will be a success...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:11 pm
I always found it wierd how the Sith Fighter and the Sith Infiltrator resembled the TIE series so much. My guess is that Sienar Fleet Systems used the concepts of the Sith starfighters as the basis for the concept of their TIE series. The similarities aren't just in appearance as well, as we all know TIE stands for Twin Ion Engine, though most TIE class ships now dont use just two. The Sith starfighters used what is believed to be a prototype Twin Ion Engine system developed by the Star Forge.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:48 pm
Also, in this seminar, we shall lecture about similarity in species. I believe, that Quermians, and Kaminoids are of the same ancestor. Exploring Quermians left the homeworld and ventured to Kamino, where they began to live in secret. The similarity in appearance can be seen when you compare Quermian Jedi Master Yareal poof, to a Kaminoid, such as Lama Su. In fact, Yarael Poof was cut out of AotC, as to not be confused with a Kaminoid.

Says Lucas: We took Yareal Poof out, so people wouldn't wonder what a Kaminoid was doing on the Jedi Council if the planet of Kamino itself wasn't known to even the Jedi Archives.  

FrozenPhoenix32

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:12 am
I was reading Tales from the New Republic, and I came across an interesting idea. A few of the characters were discussing why they had fought for the Rebellion, but didn't really like the New Republic.
I think that's something a lot of people don't really explore. You always read or hear about characters that either are in the New Rep, for the dying Empire, or smugglers and other 'scoundrals' who just don't care. But what about those who fought for a side (any one), only to be disillusioned by the results?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:18 am
Also, I was thinking last night, does anyone ever cry in any of the movies?
I can't remember an instance of this, though there may be some scene I'm forgetting like when Anakin leaves his mom or something.
But my point is, you don't really see crying, and I don't recall reading about it too often either. So is everyone in the Star Wars universe so hardened by war that they don't bother any more? Or maybe do those who write these things tend to forget that just because the characters are in another galaxy far, far away, that doesn't mean they don't have feelings...  

jedi_master_tenku

Lady Zombie Robot

Swashbuckling Pirate

9,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:38 pm
jedi_master_tenku
Also, I was thinking last night, does anyone ever cry in any of the movies?
I can't remember an instance of this, though there may be some scene I'm forgetting like when Anakin leaves his mom or something.
But my point is, you don't really see crying, and I don't recall reading about it too often either. So is everyone in the Star Wars universe so hardened by war that they don't bother any more? Or maybe do those who write these things tend to forget that just because the characters are in another galaxy far, far away, that doesn't mean they don't have feelings...

I dunno, maybe, but Anakin is upset more than once... Isn't Leia when her planet is blown up? I can't remember... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:40 pm
SynysterDemise

I dunno, maybe, but Anakin is upset more than once... Isn't Leia when her planet is blown up? I can't remember... crying

Well, upset, yeah, but I don't remember anyone crying...  

jedi_master_tenku

Lady Zombie Robot

Swashbuckling Pirate

9,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:44 pm
jedi_master_tenku
SynysterDemise

Well, upset, yeah, but I don't remember anyone crying...

I can't remember either...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:45 pm
i would fast forward through any crying in the movies anyway...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Zombie Robot

Swashbuckling Pirate

9,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:53 pm
you like the cool lightsabers and things that blow up?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:57 pm
i loved ANH... mostly the space battles are my fave... i could watch a space battle for ages and never get sick.... of course, an army of wookiewoks would rule as well...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:03 pm
If you read the novelization of the OT, in aNH, it says that xenologists hypothesize that Jawas and Tusken Raiders are of the same descent  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:12 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
If you read the novelization of the OT, in aNH, it says that xenologists hypothesize that Jawas and Tusken Raiders are of the same descent

Well, you never see the face of either, so it's very possible.  

jedi_master_tenku

Darth-Kew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:58 pm
jawas are less agressive tusken midgets ;P j/k,

General grivious appears to be a master swords man in episode three, i have a feeling he was trained by dooku. What are your thoughts on this matter?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff