Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Episode 37 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jentayro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:17 pm
******** IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:44 am
I just watched it.
I'm still crying.
And sort of wondering what happened. xD

caffeine add!ction

Alterdeus

Wheezing Feeder

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:21 am
I feel depressed now...

I wanted to see Light win so much, but sadly it wasn't meant to be...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:07 am
For those who've not watched it yet, SPOILERS ENSUE--->

What exactly did Mikami do to himself, anyway?
Stab himself with a pen? ._.

I have to say that episode had some of the most amazing facial expressions in the entire series, though.

But. I'm still distraught, the very ending was so sad, with the credits and stuff. And L was there. And. ;_;

caffeine add!ction

chessbless

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:14 am
It was bittersweet for me, I mean, I really hate light but just the way he died, made him almost sane again, that that made me sad. Mikami did scare me with the mountain of blood though. eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:21 pm
I found it subbed on [link removed]!

It was so sad! And it didn't explain much. It never explained if they found Light's body, or if Misa really did kill herself (She was at the edge of a birdge and then it cuts to another scene.) Well, that's why I wanna get How to read: Volume 13.  

Aquastar_1

hatlesschild

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:00 pm
I thought it was good.

FAVE parts:
- Mikami bug eyed, teary, face closeup when Light is bleeding on the floor
(you wanna scare kids? show them that)

- When Near squeezes the little Kira doll and it makes a squelch and there is a close up on faces. Made me think of someone passing gas, and everyone trying to figure out who it was.

-Near's "shocked" face when Mogi tells him NO! (awesome)

Um I guess these are spoilers for the anime and manga? In white.

It's different from the manga because in the manga Light does not runaway (And he talks way more in my opinion not that that's a good thing), they do not say Misa kills herself, Mikami does not kill himself until he is in jail, and Ryuuk says what he says out loud while in the warehouse(?) and takes Light's life there.

/endSpoiler

I just wanted to say that. Anyway...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:24 pm
Supposedly, there's gonna be an episode 38 to explain how life is afterwards.
But yeah, I cried so hard at the end. Like, it's a day later, and I'm still kinda depressed. But I thought it had a beautiful ending. It was better than the manga end where they made him look like a lunatic f*****t.
I loved it.
I'm probably gonna go re-watch the entire series right now.......  

Jentayro

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:56 pm
Better than the manga, IMO. The manga didn't make me cry for Light cry And L being there, combined with that sad look on Light's face made me go SQUEEEL~ whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:29 am
I think Light's death was pretty touching, to me anyway. I wanted him to win. xD I've not read up to the end of the manga yet but I think I'll probably like that part more.

However, the whole Mikami thing, eh. I've been reading around that he actually has a go at Light for screwing up or something in the manga, which makes me respect him more in a way because it made him... less crazy and blindly loyal. o_o

I was so proud of Matsuda, though. ;u;

caffeine add!ction

Rinny Z.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:12 pm
I preferred the ending in the manga. ):

The way everyone acts and reacts and... getting to see what happens afterwards and everything ;;

but the anime ending... was rather beautiful. more bittersweet. I guess~  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:10 am
I enjoyed the anime ending. It followed a majority of the manga with a few deviations. It left Light-kun with a smiggin' of dignity, unlike his manga counterpart. A bonus, because Light was a major baby at the end of the manga. Either way -- Ryuk told Light from the beginning what the end result would be, it was all there.

And yes, to those who haven't read the manga, Mikami turned on Light in the end -- he did not make the ultimate sacrifice to give Light that opportunity to escape the warehouse. Manga Mikami expresses his utter disgust that Light is not a God[Kami].

To my knowledge and what I have read thus far -- episode 37 is it. There was one more volume in the manga series that gave a bit more information -- Matsuda discussing the events a year later in time, plus some detail as to what happened to Aname-Misa and Kira followers. If you look at it from the anime side, an episode typically consisted of four volumes of manga. One volume wouldn't make for much of an anime episode.

User Image Mater

Edit: Ah -- I did finally see something at AnimeOnline in regards to the voice characters making an announcement after the release of episode 37 that Japanese TV does intend to release a summer special of Death Note during prime time hours. If it isn't in its late night time slot, I am wondering if the graphic nature of the anime will be tamed down?

Mater Familiae

Japsters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:08 pm
Dammit!

Light should of made the deal and used the death god eyes. I think he would of lived much longer.

I really liked the ending. Peaceful death......

I dunno what misa is gonna do without him but. Yeah. I like the ending music. Very sad and apporiate for a serial killers death.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:55 am
I didn't know what to think of this final episode, I mean it was beautiful and so incredible the way it had played out, and yet I was so angry at what happened, and how all of lights carefully layed out plan was screwed up by Mikami, he should have won by all means.  

Akiraluckystar

caffeine add!ction

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:37 pm
Mmkay, I've read the mangas now and, in all honesty, I prefer the manga ending in comparison.
The anime ending was so touching, to me, because Light was given such a gentle death compared to the manga, but the manga was more fitting. As much as I wanted Light to win, it seemed right to see him completely lose it and beg Ryuk the way he did. And then there was the whole Mikami thing, I prefered seeing him have his own damn brain in the manga. Oddly enough it was Matsuda who made me cry reading the manga. xD I saw him and was like 'OMGPOORMATSUDA. ;__;'
Yep. I thought the manga fit it better, but as far as a touching and emotional (and disturbing@Mikami's fountain pen) ending goes, kudos to the anime.

[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games