Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Usdia of a Different Pelt (Sylmeria & Flower)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:10 pm
User Image

In the middle of the forest was a pool of water that flowed from a few small streams which fed it. Moss surrounded the leaf-litter and a large willow stood over the crystalline waters. Frogs chirped and turtles peered up from the deapths as fish circled and spun. The light was dappled at best and a cool breeze managed to waft through the trees.

A rather squat mare lay on her side, her eyes closed lightly, and a soft smile curving her lips. The skunk coloured female was merely enjoying a bit of solitude and listening to the symphony of the dragonflies as well as the wood, leopard, and bull frogs.

The wood frog with it's reedy call, the leopard's more of a croak and the massive bullfrogs with it's deep, low, bellow. The dragonflies droned out a melodic hum. Their song, or so they seemed to be singing, was of the new season and the joy that it brought to them. A rabbit greedily ate a spring of clover as it reveled in the surrounding sounds.

The mare sighed contentidly and a soft, sweet melody escaped her lips.

"I follow the night. Can't stand the light. When will I begin to live again. One day I'll fly away. Leave all this to yesterday. What more could your love do for me. When will love be through with me. Why live life from dream to dream. And dread the day when dreaming ends. One day I'll fly away. Leave all this to yesterday. Why live life from dream to dream and dread the day when dreaming ends.

One day I'll fly away. Fly fly awaaaaaay." It was a soft melodic song she heard her mother singing so often when she was young.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sylmeria wandered through the trees of the forest searching for something to catch her interest. She was never one to stay still for more than a few moments. She stopped in her tracks after a few moments of following a butterfly through the rays of sun and cocked her head to better listen. She could have sworn that she heard the whisper of a melody coming from the path before her.

Sylmeria was never one to shy away from something that caught her interest. The catty coloring of her coat showed on the outside what she clearly was on the inside: a curious little foal. She tenatively stepped forward towards the direction the song had come from.

It was only a few moments later that she stepped into a clearing where the sin shown brilliantly down where streams gathered together creating almost a small place perfect for swimming. Her attention became distracted for a bit as a dragonfly flew by mere inches from her nose. She turned to follow it but instead took notice to a tiny mare that seemed to be sunning herself by the water's edge. Sylmeria stepped closer to her.

"I heard you. At least I think it was you. It was perdy." she said coming closer to the other female.

Master Wild Mage

Altruistic Mystic

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:51 am
As soon as she heard the filly speak her eyes opened and she lifted her head, and chuckled softly. "Oh you did eh?" She asked, as she moved her legs in an attempt to get off her side. "Well thank you...might I ask your name? I'm Flower." She offered, her voice a rich baritone. Her words were tinted with an easy going English accent.

The mare rose to her hooves, smiled softly, and headed towards the edge of the pond, still listening for the young one's answer. She grabbed a few cattails as close to the base as possible without getting her nostrils under water and pulled them up, roots and all. She then swished them back and forth in the water to clean the silt and mud off of them before sitting them in between herself and the filly. Flower laid back down, so she was eye level with her.

That was for later, she pulled up extra in-case Margay coloured lass wanted something to eat as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:38 pm
Sylmeria nodded enthusiasticly. "Mhmm. I was a chasin' a butterfly and I heard your song. It was so pretty that I wanted to see who was singin' it," the little filly explained. Sylmeria stepped closer still. The warm voice she heard surely couldn't be from anyone dangerous enough that she would need to be wary of.

"I'm Sylmeria. It's nice to meet you Flower." She said as she snuffed at the grasses that were close to the cat tails that were now between them. The seemed very good to the scenses of the little foal. Her tummy was quite empty after her adventure through the woods. She looked to Flower and it looked like she was sizeing her new aquaintance. In truth she was.

"Umm...." she muttered shyly, "Why are you so small?"

Master Wild Mage

Altruistic Mystic

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:14 pm
"The pleasure's mine." Flower beamed. "You're pretty small too love." She said with a light laugh. "Well, compared to a Soquili we're tiny. We're Usdias, a type of pony." She explained wondering why this little female didn't know what she was. The mare lipped a cattail root and ate it slowly, merely enjoying it's taste.

"You're welcome to help yourself." She added. "It's the root you want...the rest isn't that good." She said making a slight face, to see if she could get the filly to laugh. "Where's your Mummy Sylmeria?" She asked, hoping she wouldn't get the filly into trouble. She loved being around children, they were so innocent and fun-loving.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:14 pm
"Well yeah," the little filly mumbled as she sniffed at the roots of the cat tails, I just wasn't sure if you were really the same as me. I've talked to a few others but they're huge. They usually think I'm weird because I'm such a tiny foal.

"Thanks for the snack,"she said before nibbling the smallest piece of the roots. "My mommy, ......well I don't know where she is. I've only met the huge horses that call themselves Soquili and a lady that called herself Inagehi. (my unoffical Cherokee name. Wild translated) She said she'd take care of me. But since I came out of my basket I haven't had a mommy like me."

Sylmeria's tone was matter of fact as if she weren't saying her sad story instead just rattling of facts. She was so distracted though as she tried not to show the emotion that was welling inside, she nibbled a little to high up the cat tail and beyond the stalk. Sylmeria's expression changed imediatly at the nasty taste. She quickly dropped the remaining weed and stuck out her tongue at the bitterness that lingered in her mouth.

"Ew. You're right. Roots good: stalks bad."

Master Wild Mage

Altruistic Mystic

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:48 pm
She nodded. "They usually think I'm a filly." She said with a soft chuckle. "It gets old but...they don't know so, I suppose it's not so bad as long as they're not rude about it." She said offhandedly.

Flower pondered the filly's words. She knew her mother, briefly, but couldn't imagine not being raised by another Usdia. "You're very welcome." She added, before taking another root into her mouth. "Oh, well...what's Inagehi like? I'll bet she's really nice." The mare offered, her eyes warm and inviting. The youth certainly was a treat to be around.

Sylmeria was very polite, and she loved that in others. Her mother had raised her with strict manners. She could remember her mother saying, 'Always be polite even if you disagree. But stand up for yourself.' That always used to confuse her. She had no idea how to be polite and yet disagree. When she was young being polite was very black and white. You said 'please' and 'thank-you', 'yes sir' and 'yes ma'am'. Boy did she learn otherwise!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:10 pm
"She's ok I guess; for a two-legger. She doesn't really understand about some things though. She would never have known about these roots," the little filly proclaimed with a smile as she nibbled at another of the roots.

"I don't know what I'd do if she wasn't there to scratch where I can't reach though.Her and the other two-leggers are always going on and on about how cute I am. It gets quite annoying. I mean, I'm no different than the others besides in size." Sylmeria's anger creept up on her as she tried to explain how she was treated. There were just some things that got on her nerves. It was the source of much stress for one so young.

"There is only so much cuddling a filly can take, ya know?" She looked into the eyes of the mare that laid across from her. Sylmeria's expression was pledding for some tidbit of understanding. The two-leggers and the big horses just didn't get it.

"That's why I'm looking for a Mommy. That way I don't have to be alone and I don't have to worry about the cudding so much." Sylmerias voice was almost a whisper; as if she were telling a dear secret. To her, it was really. She had never told that to anyone else, not even Inagehi.

[[Sorry I took so long. first my muse died and then vacation. xp I'm back now. I swear. *runs to finish other rp's*]]  

Master Wild Mage

Altruistic Mystic

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:40 pm
Flower nodded. "Yes two leggers are good for a nice scratch I'll have to admit." She agreed with a soft smile. The mare knew all too well what the filly was getting at. People still implored how cute she was even as an adult. The humans she had been around when she was young always climbed all over her and hugged her all the time. It drove her absolutely mad!

"I understand what you mean. I used to get hugs, pats, forced to eat treats from the little humans that lived on the ranch I was born at. The older kids were the worst though, when they got their legs about them they'd be put on my back and lead around...ot they'd lead me around themselves and of course I had to do as they said." She explained, an ear going back at a forty-five degree angle.

"The other Usdias were just as bad. My father was the only stallion in the place, the rest were geldings so there weren't any other foals around. The mares were the worst though, most were old spinsters put out to pasture. They'd nuzzle me and tell me how sweet, darling, or adorable I was." She said with distaste.

Her heart warmed when Sylmeria mentioned she was looking for a mother. She couldn't imagine what her life would have been like in her mother's absence. On second thought, she could and she didn't like it. She wanted nothing more than to offer the little one a place to stay, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Flower decided that if the filly wanted to, she'd bring up the topic herself. After all she didn't want to frighten the filly away if she just wanted to be friends. Either option was just fine with her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:01 pm
"Wow," Sylmeria said after a moment. "That seems terrible. No offence, but I'm sure glad that it's not like that here. It's bad enough with just bein' called cute and cuddled. I dunno what I'd do if someone wanted to ride me. Not that I'm big enough anyway."

She lowered her head as if she were examining the grass. There were so many things that could make her situation much worse. Flower showed her that with a simple overview of her past. At least for her there hadn't been any problems that were even close to the severity that Sylmeria's imagination was now supplying.

Sylmeria thought a bit more about the story that Flower had just told her. She understands how it is. Most think I'm just whining. They don't understand that it's not sun all the time.... but she does. Sylmeria thought wistfully. Her thoughts swam about in her head for a moment more; then one thought came to the forefront, Certainly a mother is one who is understanding.

With that thought Sylmeria made her decision. She stealed herself a moment and look Flower in the eye one more. "Would you be my Mommy?" Her expression was one of hope and pleading as she stood waiting for an answer.

Master Wild Mage

Altruistic Mystic

Lilly_Foxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:57 pm
Flower smiled softly. "Humans aren't always the best of creatures...there are some really good ones...like the one I live with." She explained. "And it could have been loads worse." The mare paused for a moment as the filly grew silent.

When the lass spoke her sapphire eyes sparkled with delight. "I'd be honoured and delighted Sylmeria." She said with a broad smile. The mare rose to her feet. "We'll need to let Inagehi know you're leaving somehow then won't we?" She asked, as more of a statement than a question.

"I think you'll really take a fancy to Ayashe, she's small, just like us. And she has an almost intuitive knowledge of our body language." She said with a smile. "Have you met anyone you could get to know as a friend?" She asked curiously, just trying to make conversation.

(Sorry my muse isn't cooperating.)  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff