[PRP] Contemplating a Kalona (Loveless and Antony) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tweekend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:24 am
User Image

With a harsh flap of her wings, the angry female dove across the sky, feeling content with her hunger for now. Her morning was alright, a deer carcus kept her busy for the most part, and now she was just lurking about.

Lurking to her wasn't what she was used to from watching her mother, and the dark female wasn't afraid to make her appearance throughout the skies, which involved scaring any Soquili that were under her. It was sort of the opposite of what her father used to do, and when he would fly above females he would make them shout with excitement. But alas, she was content at the moment. Others reactions made her happy anyhow, and the sky was a free range so why should she just hide all day?

Her days had been lonely- but that was the price to pay. This was the life she chose, and when she would chat with other Kalonas, she found herself most happy. Her father plagued her mind at times, and she missed him dearly, though would never admit such. It wasn't love or anything, but she just missed the company and memories she had when she was younger. Keeping the pride in her heart, she knew that whether or not their lives were different, they were connected by the most important sin, which she would try her best to fufill.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:37 am
User Image

Down below, Antony walked along the bank of the river, his pale eyes eyeing his reflection with the relative disinterest of one who's thinking of something other than what he was looking at. In his case, though, it was nothing exceptionally interesting or deep.

It wasn't that long ago that he'd parted ways with his friend Dodger, both stallions going about their own business on their own time, so he hadn't had a chance for lonlieness to set in. Besides, he rarely worried about such things; there were always others around, if only you knew where to look...

Not that he was looking anywhere right now, content to wander along the river and muse about how best to spend his day.

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Tweekend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:43 am
With a snort, Loveless grinned, spotting a very familiar figure down below. With an adjustment of her wings, she started to lower herself and gain speed, only to land many paces in front of him. When she was comfortable and folded her wings back into position, she arched her neck and turned, only to give off her usual smile. She flipped her bang out of her face, and moved her braid.

"Antony." She said, with a quiet voice. "Why hello."

She creeped closer to him, keeping her eyes only on him. Her smile was still present, and she found the meeting very amusing. She was basically in front of him when she stopped, still leaving a comfortable space of ground out of habit.

"I spotted you so easily, lucky me."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:51 am
Considering that he wasn't spacing, it was hard for Antony to miss the landing of the black kalona mare directly in his path. However, he had to eye the mare in question, finding her to be familiar in a way and yet, at the same time...not.

Her speaking his name gave that memory a boot, however, and he couldn't entirely disguise the surprise in his voice as he queried, "Loveless?" A guess, true, but an educated guess at that; and considering that she'd been a rather small filly when they last met...

"I see that time flies faster than I realized, though that seems to have done a greater number on you than me!" This with a slight brow-raise as he took in the mare that now stood before him, accented by a shake of his head. "Not quite so small as you used to be, to state the obvious...but height and all that aside, it's great to see you again. How've you been?"

And so the random catch-up conversation began!

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Tweekend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:13 pm
She rolled her eyes as if half playfully, and then glued them back on Antony. "Are you always this friendly? Its exactly how I remember you." Ah yes, she was all grown now, so this meant she could finally talk to Antony as a worthy being. As a filly, she wasn't taken seriously at all.

"I have been fine, as you can see grown up finally." At his pollite jester, she gave out a quiet laugh, and tilted her head in a usual fashion. "It is great to see me again? But, how do you know that this will be great right off the bat?"

Her ways were her own, always picking at people and asking such questions. But, in a sense, her strange question was true!

"How have you been then?" Well it had been awhile, and she had no idea what Antony himself had been up to. She was still trying to practice the way Succubus had taught her to talk, by being alluring to males, or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:07 pm
Was he always friendly, indeed. The grin that Antony responded with ought to have been an indication even if his words weren't, but together they were a positive sign. "Always. And greatness, like all generalized measures of pleasure, depend on the individual; I could warp my own definition to fit any situation, making even the rotten great. That, and I'm just an optimist by nature."

As well as his father's son, at least when it came to answering questions! But there was much less enjoyment to be had in one-word answers, and besides, he ought to be truthful.

"I myself have been dandy, as always; going from day to day in a relatively satisfactory fashion, doing my own thing...it's all good. I can't complain about the lot I've been dealt. But how about you? How long have you been on your own?" A conversation was like a game of catch; catch the ball, and toss it back!

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Tweekend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:20 pm
"I am aware of your optimism, though I will never understand it. I am not sure how I really think about it." She sniffed, and cast her eyes away for a moment. "Its strange to me, but whatever." It looked like it took too much energy or something, such a weird concept. Being obnoxiously happy just felt disgusting for some reason.

Heh, of course he had been well. Happy beings were usually well. "I have been on my own since I grew up. The second my wings could carry me I left, and since then I have been alone." Well, besides random conversations and what not, she really had just been by herself. "It is the way of life I should be living." Her eyes curved and she lowered her eyelids to continue to watch him.

"You are still a social butterfly, I take it?" Happy people were always social, or at least that's what she observed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:38 am
Wow. Talk about your personality transformations, or at least belief shifts. Optimisim being strange? To Loveless, daughter of Ariston? What on earth had happened?

Narrowing his eyes thoughtfully, Antony eyed Loveless as though trying to see through her, trying to determine what her game was. After all, she had to be joking, right?

Hrm. If she was, she was a damn good actor. Shelving that worry for the moment, he just went with the flow of the conversation. "Alone, eh? Well, I can understand that in a way, seeing as I myself basically bailed on things when I was old enough to be on my own. Hopefully the freedom has been agreeing with you, not that I doubt that it has." After all, she had an 'air' about her, and it wasn't an air of insecurity! And as for him being a social butterfly...

"I suppose that depends on your definition. I've got my friends and I tend to run into people, but I'm still not a 'crowd' person by any stretch of the inagination. Or a group person at all, unless it's family pretty much." It was hard enough to address ONE other Soq's questions about his kalona features, thanks much.

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Tweekend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:04 am
"Freedom?" She laughed, and looked at him closely. "You think I left where I was born for freedom? I chose this way of life because its how I should be living." She sighed, and looked at him slyly. "Why, is freedom something that you desire, Antony? Because, freedom can mean many things you know.." like, living away from everything that is under you and worthless. "Obviously we are all born with freedoms but, some have gained more then others could ever wish for." She grinned darkly and lifted her lip, showing her nasty fangs.

Heh, family. What a stupid word. Children were born out of desire, but also out of mistakes, lies, and breed forming. How could she possibly take the idea of 'family' seriously. "How is your family, then?" She laughed a bit, and turned her neck to the side. "I wouldn't know about mine, I left them, see. And, it was only to better myself and my breed." Since her family was seriously lacking in all respects. "Are you still fighting with your sister or whatever? If she bothers you so much, why not just kill her?" She lowered her eyelids and grinned, enjoying that idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:19 am
Now Antony was more than a little floored by Loveless' words. She sounded so very cold, so very detached, so very...sinister. Granted, she LOOKED sinister, but she had been such a bright and bubbly foal, and now she sounded like..

Like a kalona. In the most cliched definition of the word. What the hell had happened to her?

Ignoring the niceities of conversation and the earlier plan of just going with the flow, he lifted his head slightly so that his pale eyes were aligned were hers. "Because I don't believe that bloodshed is the answer to all of life's problems. I might think Neve is a b***h, but that doesn't mean she has any less right to life than I do or anyone does. I haven't seen her in ages, and that's good enough for me."

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Tweekend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 am
Again, no suprise from Loveless. She grinned at him and moved her tail about to get the blood flowing, and she sighed quietly. "Bloodshed is nice, though. You haven't done such a thing yet, correct?" Loveless remembered her first time at killing, which failed miserably. But, the next day she was still so outraged, that she succeeded beautifully.

"But its nature, dear." She said, almost catlike in a purr in her response. "Of course, in my own opinion I find many not worthy for life and its gifts, but once my eyes were opened to how I should be as a Kalona, I find myself most happy." She noticed he didn't seem too pleased, and she expected that, as it was everyone's reactions. "Now, why so quiet all of the sudden?" She moved herself closer to him, and put her lip on his neck. "Do Kalona scare you?" She mused quietly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:43 am
Pleasant in its own way as the caress was, Antony wasn't quite the hormonal mess that most stallions were; it would take far more than proximity to distract him from a topic this serious. And it WAS serious.

Keeping his eyes narrowed and his jaw set, he shook off her first assumption right off the bat. "Wrong. My mother attempted to introduce all of us to hunting, even Nic who lacked the fangs. I never saw the point or felt the rush. And as for me being afraid of kalona..."

Turning his head he looked levelly at Loveless, trying to figure out what her game was while keeping calm. "I'd have to be at least half afraid of myself then, wouldn't I? I don't fear kalonas on their own, Lessy, but I DO fear what they often let themselves become. Disgust is probably a better description of my sentiments than anything else."

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Tweekend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:52 am
"Oh my.." She kept smiling at him, enjoying the unhappy emotions that he was showing. "Why do you fear something so great? I don't know why you assume that Kalonas 'become' anything, we choose it." Loveless felt fufilled for some reason, so her anger was well contained for the moment. Antony was just, too amusing it seemed.

"So, does that mean you find me disgusting, Antony?" Her eyes were curved again, and her face with slick. Her tongue was rolling on her teeth, and she watched him very carefully. This seeemd to be an issue that burnt Antony's pride, an insecurity. Ah, how silly.

Insecurity was such an easy way to try and control a situation, of course she had learned the best from her on father. If he had been watching right now, as upset as he would be tha Antony was involved, she knew he would be enthralled in the Sin aspect of her job. She had learned from the best, so life was too easy. "But alas, why do you ignore something that you were blessed with, dear Antony?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:07 am
"Becoming is not necessary an involuntary action, Less; you can choose to become something as easily as otherwise. And while it's too early to make a clear and educated decision, I'm beginning to think that I do."

Strange to think about it in that sense, but she was right on that count. He'd always hated the senseless violence that kalona seemed to delight in, hated the sense of superiority that seemed to follow them, their self-granted omnipotence...all of it. And she had somehow become one of them, one of those that felt themselves better than others by dint of genetics.

Watching her, he could see the amusement in her eyes, amusement at...this. "Blessed? Hardly a blessing, under any guise. Or have you forgotten I'm a 'half-breed'?" The word was mocking as he said it, emphasis on the relative insignificance he placed on his genetics but KNEW many kalonas abhored. Wasn't it enough for some to attempt on the lives of he and his siblings all?

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

Tweekend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:17 am
"But don't you see, your hate for your half Kalona side is so silly. Instead of praising something, you are shamefully ignoring it. You are resisting it, and completely putting it aside as if it is not there." With a flick of her head, she moved her bangs out of her fast, and strode past him to face him from a different side. "I am quite aware of what you are, but I couldn't resist coming down here for a friendly chat. I do what I please, and I don't find you worthless. Does that sadden you? Should my opinion be different?." Her smile was fangy again, and her mind was twiddling with thoughts.

Her eyes were watching him as almost cat-like, and she breathed out of her nose slowly in thought. She was a preditor, but she was not giving him those eyes right now. In her content'ness, she was only watching him carefully.

"You never answered my question, and I don't like waiting." She moved up a few steps and looked -now- from an equal level at him. "Do you find me disgusting Antony?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff